age limit to love?

andufusthebronze

No offense to Futurama, but assuming you're some "exception to the rule" won't really cut it here. My view may seem cold-hearted, but I only know what the majority of teens act like/think. And with what tripsis said, it may be a stereotype, but it holds true to most girls. Under those pretenses, I can (mathmatically) that any random teenage girl probably has the immature OC/Laguna Beach/Abercrombie + Fitch/Mass Media/Soap Opera influenced mindset, whether or not they participate in any of the above camps. Don't believe me? Look at how [bleep]ty young girls are dressing nowadays, as young as 10-12. They may deny it, but love is the last thing they're going to find, its all just a physical attraction/lust thing nowadays, and its a trend thats continuing..for the worse!

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh at anybody under the age of say about 18 that say they're in love :?

I'm 17, I'm in love.

I actually fell in love in my late 16s.

Why do you laugh,

Perhaps because you didn't experience love at that age?

You don't know how two people can feel about each other.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

You're weird.

Guess we're both weird.

Still laughing at all the people on this thread saying "life experience doesn't matter".

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

My mom and dad met when they were 16 and 17. They're now 49 and 50. Now, was my dad just after one thing or did he find someone he really loves? He found someone he really loves. They still take more than 2 holidays a year together, they go on bike rides together, they go to pubs and restraunts far away together. My mom still tells me she misses my dad when he's at work and my dad bunks off early sometimes so he can go and see her. Go ahead and laugh at them for "not" falling in love because they were under 18.

That doesn't mean that they loved each other when they were 16 and 17. A couple at my church has been married for over 30 years and even they have the guts to say that thinking back, they didn't love each other on their wedding day.

summerpngwy6.jpg

probaly just like most people have said, until your about 17-18+ you really aren't old enough to make the proper discsions on what

-real love is

-maturity

-compansion

at that young of an age they thing that just holding hands makes a relationship, or they do it to act 'cool' kuz they are having a relationship, real love isn't a joke, but that doesn't mean its not suppose to fun, people that age just aren't ready, its hardly prejudice, its more of they just aren't ready

dont get me wrong here though, you can fall in-love when your 13, but the thing is you probaly dont understand what 'love' is until your maybe 16-17+ and you just 'think' your in love, and as you grow you come to understand it more, and you might find out you really are in love, but most of the time you come out of your shell called childhood and enter the real stage on which your love can blossom but maybe not with the one you first thought of.

legends2.jpg

Love is a mutual feeling between two people that care a lot about each other. Is this totally impossible for teens to have? No. Is it unlikely? Yes.

But even if it is unlikely, why does it matter? It is a feeling. It is something that two people decided together. Why should there be an expected age that at which anything before mean nothing, and the only thing between the two people is lust? Love is boundless. True love that is. If two people are 10 years old, and truly do love each other, then thats fine, it can happen. Is it likely, no. Just as I said before, it is boundless, and this includes age.

And no one has to be in love or have felt true love to realize this all. It's just a matter of believing.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

What about platonic love? or are we only talking romantic loving here? :wall:

I assume everyone here is talking about consumate love above all else.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

17 and under I don't take serious either (which by the way I'm under the age of 17 and have had relationships). Teen relationships under that age group are only for show, and are generally full of it. They say they love each other but everyone knows they don't. Typical fake teenage relationships.

But I don't believe people set out in the first place to fall in love with someone when starting a relationship when your a teenager going through high school, its more just to have a good time with someone of the opposite sex. That's why 13 year olds (generally speaking) saying their in love is laughable in my view.

The reason why young couples don't last is because if you think about you're not the same person you were when you were 10. A lot of people have completely different thoughts, likes, dislikes etc. Unless ALL your opinions of of the world don't change when you grow up (which is nearly impossible) then maybe I can see that young relationship lasting. It's ridiculous to think that people won't change as they grow older.

Zaataar.png

17 and under I don't take serious either (which by the way I'm under the age of 17 and have had relationships). Teen relationships under that age group are only for show, and are generally full of it. They say they love each other but everyone knows they don't. Typical fake teenage relationships.

But I don't believe people set out in the first place to fall in love with someone when starting a relationship when your a teenager going through high school, its more just to have a good time with someone of the opposite sex. That's why 13 year olds (generally speaking) saying their in love is laughable in my view.

I think it depends on how they say it.

As the general consencious is that it is unlikely, but possible to love at 13. If they say in a gloating way, then they are not. But if they say it in an honest way, I think they are truely in love.

I believe I truely love someone, but the thing is. If anyone laughs at me, I don't care. Because this is my belief that you are not changing. Yes, I do have a long way to go before calling myself greatly mature, but so what?

I have hit and am going through the final stages of puberty. Most of you know I am 13, and won't believe my statement there. But, oh well, its true.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

But I don't believe people set out in the first place to fall in love with someone when starting a relationship when your a teenager going through high school, its more just to have a good time with someone of the opposite sex.

Exactly. The people who set out to find girlfriends are the ones that only want them for show. Going through girl by girl seeing which one you possibly might like higher than the others isn't true love. BUT what about the other people who don't set out to find a girl? Those who become attracted to this one person and only this one person and after some time (weeks, months, years) they go out*?

*Isn't there some other way of saying 'go out'? Jeez, it sounds like you just want 'em for show <.<

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

well, cant really say ive had many memorable relationships, mostly i find out the girl is a wacko after the first few days, and im 16, but i really say you cant put an age limit on love, if you love someone, then you do, it just may be false love

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

The people claiming that they know what love is, are most usually the ones who haven't any idea.

The thing with the 13 year olds is that they still believe that it is possible to know everything. As an adult, you're hit in the face knowing that you cannot and never will. It's dealing with that uncertainty that makes someone mature.

Love is one of those things that can never be known. It's powerful, but not flowery, it's not easy, don't mistake it with being in love. People who claim they love their girlfriend/boyfriend soooo much and are definitely going to stick together for ever and ever and ever, show that they haven't accepted yet that they cannot know everything... I highly distrust them.

I'm 17, I'm in love.

Why do you laugh,

How can you say you know how things truly are? You're speaking in ignorance, you're no one to say that he doesn't love someone. I don't care what you or your friends say, not every male on the planet has sex in mind when getting into a relationship with someone that they know and really like. Do you know why? Probably not, and that's why I'll give you the answer: They want to be happy. Two 16 year olds being in love, in some cases, is the exact same as two 27 year olds being in love. Of course, two 16 year olds being in love can be like two 27 year olds being in love too...if you get what I mean.

I pity you. I hope you are haunted by his ideals, maybe they will scare some sense into you.

This annoys me, you say I'm speaking in ignorance when in fact it is you that is ignorant. Just because somebody "wants to be happy" doesn't mean they are eligible for love. At that age all teenagers are still naive and foolish, their hormones are raging and they don't think straight, don't be an idiot and tell me that despite this two people can commit themselves to eachother and LOVE one another because that is ridiculous. I'm 17 but atleast I understand that was I feel for a girl I meet is never "love".

If you keep this up I really will be laughing.

EDIT: Incidentally 'Thosethebrokes' you're a complete hypocrite, I've seen you bragging about [bleep]ing your girlfriend on the relationship sticky, some people have even siggied it. You're clearly in love if all you can do is boast about how you [bleep]ing your girlfriend on an online forum. Idiot.

and of course maturity comes with age..

Sorry, what?

What is age?

Age is just a number... Mentally, a twelve year old can be older than a thirty year old...

How many do you know personally that are?

Four.

Yep, can't even get off your right hand.

Now, how many thirty year-olds do you know are more mature than twelve year olds?

Honestly poeple, this "age is just a number" and "age is irrelevant to maturity" crud is just getting annoying -.- .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

How do you know your really in love? Before puberty, it probably means your great friends with them, they are fun to hang with, etc. Is that real love? During adolescence, it means half the time that they look really sexy or are popular, etc. Is THAT real love? I'm not an adult yet, so I don't know what really attracts them much besides what i see in movies.

People laugh at puppy love cuz they know it wont last, because its probably not love in the first place. Can a ten year old spend thousands on a diamond ring? [for that matter, can a teenager do that either?] can a ten year old take his girl on a date to an expensive resteraunt? can a ten year old manage to keep their grades up with the girl in their heads? can a relationship between ten year olds even turn sexual?

How do you expect even a handful of ten year old relationships to involve actual love and not simply "we're good friends, i really like you".

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I'm 17, I'm in love.

Why do you laugh,

How can you say you know how things truly are? You're speaking in ignorance, you're no one to say that he doesn't love someone. I don't care what you or your friends say, not every male on the planet has sex in mind when getting into a relationship with someone that they know and really like. Do you know why? Probably not, and that's why I'll give you the answer: They want to be happy. Two 16 year olds being in love, in some cases, is the exact same as two 27 year olds being in love. Of course, two 16 year olds being in love can be like two 27 year olds being in love too...if you get what I mean.

I pity you. I hope you are haunted by his ideals, maybe they will scare some sense into you.

This annoys me, you say I'm speaking in ignorance when in fact it is you that is ignorant. Just because somebody "wants to be happy" doesn't mean they are eligible for love. At that age all teenagers are still naive and foolish, their hormones are raging and they don't think straight, don't be an idiot and tell me that despite this two people can commit themselves to eachother and LOVE one another because that is ridiculous. I'm 17 but atleast I understand that was I feel for a girl I meet is never "love".

EDIT: Incidentally 'Thosethebrokes' you're a complete hypocrite, I've seen you bragging about [bleep] your girlfriend on the relationship sticky, some people have even siggied it. You're clearly in love if all you can do is boast about how you [bleep] your girlfriend on an online forum. Idiot.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on several levels. For one, you make the basic, fundamentally incorrect assumption that "teenagers are still naive and foolish at that age".

I agree to an extent in that the LIKELIHOOD of teenagers actually being mature enough to pursue a relationship - without excess sexual overtures - is, well, low. This, however, does not mean it's impossible.

Secondly, you make the comment that "[you're] 17 but at least I understand that what I feel for a girl I meet is never 'love'" Can you relate to me when I point out that just because you've never been able to develop a strength of feeling akin to love to a girl, doesn't mean everyone else can't? You're not wholly representative of the rest of the teenage society. Nor are your friends.

I mean, if that were true, then I could make the reverse, dichotomous statement: "Well I'm 17, but at least I understand that what I feel for a girl is 'love'". That, however, does not necessitate that it is true.

My personal opinion on this is that it is fully possible for teenagers [ranging from 13-18] to "love" someone else, my only catch being that as the age decreases, so does the probability of this event occuring.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

But I don't believe people set out in the first place to fall in love with someone when starting a relationship when your a teenager going through high school, its more just to have a good time with someone of the opposite sex.

Exactly. The people who set out to find girlfriends are the ones that only want them for show. Going through girl by girl seeing which one you possibly might like higher than the others isn't true love. BUT what about the other people who don't set out to find a girl? Those who become attracted to this one person and only this one person and after some time (weeks, months, years) they go out*?

*Isn't there some other way of saying 'go out'? Jeez, it sounds like you just want 'em for show <.<

Um Date Have a Relationship with theres a couple more. ::'

And yeah in that case, its the exception but I still think its incredibly rare. Particularly for both to be in love with each other at such a young age. And in love I mean in love, wanting to spend the rest of your life with them. Well you'd hope they'd be thinking like that if they were truely in love. Thats also what makes the thought of teens being in love generally speaking - ridiculous considering they don't even know what they'll be doing once they leave school, their lives drastically change from highschool till their 20's.

I turned 18 yesterday, when do I get my heart in a giftbox? So I didn't love my gf two days ago, but do now? BS.

I'm 17, I'm in love.

Why do you laugh,

EDIT: Incidentally 'Thosethebrokes' you're a complete hypocrite, I've seen you bragging about [bleep] your girlfriend on the relationship sticky, some people have even siggied it. You're clearly in love if all you can do is boast about how you [bleep] your girlfriend on an online forum. Idiot.

I can't help but feel sorry for you Striker.

Every post I see written by you is negative or spiteful.

I'm not offended by you, I'd imagine you're another ignorant teenager sat at his computer all day picking arguments with people across the internet.

Look at yourself.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.