Girl loses her legs after riding Superman ride in Six Flags

Demeige

Anyone heard about this? It's really tragic. :( It happened a couple of days ago and now I think the girl's feet were reattached or something :o :shock:

It's kind of scary especially since I went to Six Flags on Thursday and chose not to ride Superman because the wait was too long. 8-)

Full article here:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/26/six.flags.accident.ap/

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-06-22-ride-accident_N.htm

Story Highlights

- Injured girl in stable condition in Nashville, Tennessee, hospital, family says

- Girl's feet were severed on ride at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville

- Authorities, hospital declined to say whether her feet were reattached

- Family says no one from park has contacted them; park disputes that account

Quote from second article.

LOUISVILLE (AP) ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

How does a profession differ from an occupation?

Intersting and strange at the same time.

Given the structure of the ride... to be able to take a limb off...

Someone seriously screwed up at the park. Or design of the ride.

Either way that never should've been possible :-?

Who knows if she'll be able to walk but the doctors in the hospital reattached them soon after she was rushed to the hospital?

Oh and hey Bubsa and darkrick :)

How does a profession differ from an occupation?

I live in Louisville(I'm not worried about stalkers, thats what my 12 gauge is for...), it was all over the local news, it turned out to be a loose cable sticking out from the ride.. It reminds me of another local story involving that ride back when it was the Hellevator, apparently during a test run while the park was closed, one of the seat racks FELL off of the ride near the top... I guess thats why I never ride that thing <.<

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

My dad told me about this the other day. I was getting ready to go to Adventure Land (a smaller amusement park here in Iowa) with my gf and my dad kept telling me not to get on the ride that is like the one in the story. Of course I rode it with my gf and her family ~10 times because I don't see the point in being scared after one incident.. It's a shame what happened to the girl but that doesn't justify being scared of the ride in my mind.

It was her feet not legs... This is week old BTW.

Fixed. It was in the newspaper maybe a week ago. It is recent news.

Its really unfortunate and I want to know how something like that could have happened. It'll be amazing if she can have her feet re attached, however.

Oh and hey Bubsa and darkrick :)
Hey - I say your name inthe "lost post" o nthe index and i'm like "no way!" but it was a sad topic so no happy "welcome back" stuffs really :(

Superman the ride, the rollercoaster from HELL!
That's one of my favorite rides :roll: though if you get the front it looks like you're going head first into a pole half the time.

Edit: wrong superman ride

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

You don't even know how much the ruthless cold-hearted side of me wants to break out with bad puns. Particularly because this is already a week old so i've had time to take it all in.

That ride sure defeated her. 8-)

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

It's not as tragic as it sounds, really.

I mean, she gets to sue them for several million dollars now, so she's good to go! And if her feet were reattatched, hopefully she'll be good as new. There are a lot worse thing to lose than your feet, afterall. I'd rather lose both feet than one hand. :shock:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I mean, she gets to sue them for several million dollars now, so she's good to go! And if her feet were reattatched, hopefully she'll be good as new. There are a lot worse thing to lose than your feet, afterall. I'd rather lose both feet than one hand. :shock:

:evil:

If she's lucky she might end up with a very small payment in return for her suffering. Due to the poor health care in the US, the money she receives might not even cover the hospital bills. Hopefully she's well insured.

There's a chance she will be disabled for the rest of her life. Even if they manage to reattach her feet she might have recurring pain or problems which will prevent her from doing many activities that we all take for granted.

This is a really tragic event. I hope she'll be able to walk again... :(

You'd be surprised. She's really going to have a hard time putting her feet down in court. She'll be lucky to receive enough to cover that huge hospital bill.

Oh, i'm terrible.

In all seriousness, I just hate dreary topics, and despite some people probably hate me now, I thought it was funny.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Snapped cable slices off part of somebody's body?

I do belive the Mythbusters proved that this can't happen.

Their test was with a stationary object...

From what I read, the cable wrapped around her feet as they were going down.

And even then, isn't this more proof than mythbusters could ever offer? Her feet didn't just magically fall off, did they?

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.