What would make a better 99? Non-combat? Edited First Post!

JamieMcMe

Hi everyone!

Since it's the summer holidays whre i live. (YAY! ^_^) I have aot of free time on my hands, and i thought that, if i worked hard, I could get a 99.

But which 99 should I get? I want either FLetching, Mining or Thieving. But any skill will do.

51 mining and thieving. 50 fletching.

Which would give me the best feeling of achievment? Money would be good too!

All help and contributions are welcomed!

Thanks!

-Jamie

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

I'd say fletching cos you can make up to about....2 mil? i dunno

Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

fletching is the easiest and makes a little cash. downside is its really common.

thieving depends how you do it. if you pickpocket the guys that give coins and chaos you'll make a lot, it'll just take a very long time. pyramid plunder is very fast and you have the opportunity to get a pharaohs sceptre although its not guaranteed.

mining imo is one of the most impressive 99's in the game. it'll take a hell of a lot of dedication and it's likely you'll want to ore drop to get faster exp. but if you bank it all you'll make a mint.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

minning that is one achievment even though the cape trimmed looks very very ugly.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Fletching I think is best money wise.

Thieving will also give good money, but is a hard skill to raise.

Mining is a good one to have, not many people have a mining cape of acheivement.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Fletching should make the most money and may be the easiest if you can afford the supplies.

Mining would take ages but be a great acheivement at the end , with all the money and ores and bars.

Thieving would also make alot of money.

If you mine from lvl 50 to 99 you would make so much money if you mine coal or gold. But is such a hard skill to raise imo. I have 99 fletching and it was hard for me to get but it's a great beginning 99 if you don't have any or don't know how hard it is to get a 99 stat. Fletching makes some money as well. I don't know much bout thieving, but I guess you can make some money from it...

4_shot_plox.png

85 Mining - 85 Smithing - 85 Slayer

I'd say fletching because it's the easiest 99 to achieve and is also very profitable as well as handy for other skills such as Magic.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Fletching:

Easy

Makes *some* Cash

Very Common

Low sense of achievement

Thieving

Quite Easy

Very fast XP

Makes no money

Low sense of achievement

Mining:

Rare Cape

Makes alot of money

High sense of achievement

Slow XP

99 Mining!

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Thieving

Quite Easy

Very fast XP

Makes no money

Low sense of achievement

isnt that theiving do make some money? unless you are doing juice... it cost you nothing and it gives stuff or coins to you... (come on, silent glove pickpocketing, prymid plundering...)

EDIT: Well since you gave us choices to choose from, I'll say mining. Choose from two ways:

Powermining: Fast exp but you are dropping the ore and not gaining/losing anything at all

Banking mining: Much slower exp than powermining but gives some nice money from selling the ores. Also a good method if you want to train smithing subsequently.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I'd saying mining but i'm a mining/smithing noob

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Thankyou everybody for your help! (Especially your snazzy layout Fudgy!)

I have now decided to try and achieve 99 mining!

Ill probably power train some days, and bank - train other days.

For power mining, is iron best until granite? But what about clay? It respawns instantly!

Any help would rock! And thanks so far folks!

-Jamie

kirbyoptim.jpg

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

If you like all skills i'd get 99 fishing. Its a pretty relaxing skill (not that i train it much) and it makes a fair few gp, the cape looks good too and it can be used to get 99 cooking as well. Its really what you enjoy the most thats important.

Very useful advice Select_a_use, ill remember that!

But now I don't know what to do!

kirbyoptim.jpg

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

dude. if i were you, i'd get 99 fishing.. from 90- 99 i making 64.6mill..

yeah, it takes a while, but it's a fun skill. It's free and most of all it,s fun :)

.:.:. Archive .:.:.

Good luck with whatever you decide with :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

archive.png

Fudgy999 made a nice chart. Here is part of it.

Mining:

Rare Cape

Makes alot of money

High sense of achievement

Slow XP

I like this idea..yet something is missing from it. What else goes with mining? 99 Smithing!

All those attributes also belong with smithing.

Dont just go for 99 mining..get a set of 99's and you can mine your own rune ores and smelt/smith them into your own rune armor. Make rune sets and sell them for...I dont know the market price but Im sure it is around 180k.

For more advice on getting 99 smithing..pm me.

Rightofwrong.png