Text messaging!

Icingdeath

I use sms' occasionally, maybe once or twice a day, so 50-100 a month. If I wanted RSI, then I'd [bleep] it.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Text is overrated it has its place no doubt about it.

But I dont understand why people text back and forth constantly when a phone call would take half the time it takes to send 20+ msgs back and forth plus the communication is much clearer (easier/quicker to explain things).

Plus with a phonecall people dont become a zombie and can to other things such as paying attention while driving.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

This thread reminds me of a litle problem I've had for awhile.

Every once and in awhile I get a advertisment text from cingular that always has at the end of it "reply STOP to stop these messages." Now, I'm pretty sure I can't send messages since every time I try and respond to it it says "unable to send."

Any ideas on how to stop this?

I usually send between 50-75 texts a month. I consider myself a fast texter (takes me about 1 minute to type a 100ish character text), but my brother considers me slow. :boohoo:

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

text messaging? is that the fancy messaging thingy on cell phones? lol

iv never owned a cell phone and im not planning on getting one any time soon :)

Marty McFly, come baaaack!

I don't have a cell phone either :P .

I just communicate to everyone via e-mail.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

But I dont understand why people text back and forth constantly when a phone call would take half the time it takes to send 20+ msgs back and forth plus the communication is much clearer (easier/quicker to explain things).

/read

In my defense, I pay only about $5 a month for unlimited text messaging.

I text a whole lot while I'm at work (like right now) and during school when I'm not actually allowed to talk on the phone.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I managed to clock over 1,000 in a month last year... mostly on one person. I know someone that texted 300 in 2 1/2 days to one person :?

Texting's far batter than using the Internet IMO. It's a lot more... chatty and friendly.

I text a whole lot while I'm at work (like right now) and during school when I'm not actually allowed to talk on the phone.

So wait... You're not allowed to talk on the phone, but you're allowed to rack up a bunch of text message during the same time? How come?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

So wait... You're not allowed to talk on the phone, but you're allowed to rack up a bunch of text message during the same time? How come?

... Because I can hide when I'm text messaging and it doesn't involve me talking aloud. It's really not that hard to understand man.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

... Because I can hide when I'm text messaging and it doesn't involve me talking aloud. It's really not that hard to understand man.
Oh gee, here's me figuring you'd study in school and work when you're getting paid for it rather than texting. I feel so silly now.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

I suck at texting lol.

Me too. It takes me ages to text anyone. I spend like 5 minutes to text maybe 2 lines. 20 seconds later I get a 2 page long message.. :)

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I checked the counter on my phone, it's been keeping a record since I bought it, a little less than 2 years ago. The number: 462, that's still an average of 20+ per month. How in the world can you send 4k in a month? That's more than 100 a day :shock:.

Oh gee, here's me figuring you'd study in school and work when you're getting paid for it rather than texting. I feel so silly now.

Thanks, mom.

Because when I'm standing at a cash register for nine hours straight and when I'm sitting in a class at a public school for seven hours, there isn't a moment of free time. Quit being a moron.

I suck at texting lol.

Me too. It takes me ages to text anyone. I spend like 5 minutes to text maybe 2 lines. 20 seconds later I get a 2 page long message.. :)

You get better with practice.. I wrote up an 8 page message in 5 minutes the other day :P

I have to share 1000 minutes a month with my parents so they got me unlimited texting so I wouldn't use all the minutes in a week.. I send at lesat 100 texts per day.. More if there's something big going on.. I make the most of my unlimited texting :P

Are you joking? You have never gotten bored in school? Or needed to tell someone something while you were in class? Thats pretty much the main reason I use texting. Sometimes I will forget homework at home so I text my mom and ask her to bring it to school. In fact if you look at my text messages, most of them are to/from my mother. :lol: Ahhh...Im such a loser. :oops:

lope6jw0.jpg

Are you joking? You have never gotten bored in school? Or needed to tell someone something while you were in class? Thats pretty much the main reason I use texting. Sometimes I will forget homework at home so I text my mom and ask her to bring it to school. In fact if you look at my text messages, most of them are to/from my mother. :lol: Ahhh...Im such a loser. :oops:

Same. :-$ #-o

All, like, 20 of them a month. She'll use it to just text me that suppers ready (in basement so hard to hear) or to get groceries and what not.