The new mining animation looks like....

jamesbob64

well does the same count for abbys mining??

since the time there is "set" (You just fail or not fail) and it's around 1 "hit" from the animation..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't help it, but i did some researching.

With past mining, i managed to mine iron in 0.2 seconds. Thats from click to ore in my inv.

Now that we have new animation, it took me 0.6 seconds to get the ore.

In long range this is HUGE affect :P

thank god i got my mining before this :roll:

That's what I wanted!

It seems like it really affect power mining (even though you're sceptic about it). It's twice as slow now -you lose no xp while dropping-.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

It looks funny and i like it. :lol: I cant see real differences in speed of mining, at least not runite and coal. I will go and test powerminig.

EDIT: Well, powermining doesn't seem much slower, at least i don't notice anything.

The animation makes mining look slower, but in my opinion it's really not. In fact I seem to be getting granite MORE now on 1 click. Granted if you're lower level it might be slower but at my level I can tell no difference in the amt of exp per hour.

In answer to the title, A lot of people in game have been saying it looks like pole dancing...

Only without a pole...

And a pik in your hand.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

miningfv5.gif

New mining animation

Taken from the recent update thread page 2.

Wow, looks like it takes soo long now.

Jagex would not dare change the rate of mining with this new animation at the risk of hundreds of thousands of angry miners. I'll be testing it out soon and I expect it will be just the same.

People, this isn't the apocalypse. I actually find the new animation to be a lot more realistic, a lot like the fishing animation update a while back(all they need is woodcutting now).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I dont really mind it. Although the first time i seen it i wasnt very happy but now im used to it.

For the speed of it changing, i dont think its really that big of a change or none at all cause jagex wouldnt make it take longer considering that they'd have 6000000000000000000000000 frustrated miners at their doorstep.

icedearth06.png

More Tip.it Friends Needed! Feel Free To Add Me\m/ Tip.it's Biggest Metalhead.

Something tells me a real miner- especially an experienced one- would have little trouble picking up his pickaxe and going to work with smooth, full movements of the arms, not jerky motions that let gravity carry down not only the pickaxe but the miner as well. After all, we're swinging the pickaxe here, not dropping it. Yes, I understand that it is sort of heavy, but wouldn't a high-level miner not be subject to this? He is, after all, used to lifting and swinging the pickaxe (which is part of the reason he can mine runite and an inexperienced person could not- he knows how to properly handle his pickaxe and the right angles at which to swing it to break the rock).

i think it looks kinda like when you swing the barrelchest anchor, only with a pickaxe and a slightly different sound. But I liked the old one better, even thugh I don;t mind the new.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

When i first saw it i hated it but now i just realise that i will have to get used to it sometime.

It looks far more realistic than the old one.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

8-) Yes, far more realistic. :shock:

:wink: But ummm, I hate mining, and I still do :lol:

firesigrk8.jpg

Retired as of August 23rd with 91 Firemaking and 6m xp in it.

I am not too fond of this animation either :?...I Had a Deal interestingly broke it down in milliseconds that do exhibit the potential for much longer powermining sessions. I powermined 94k xp today on my way to 80 mining. I did not see a major difference in my xp gain. I spent 3 and a half hours to gain the xp. Before this graphic update xp gains for iron powermining were 30k and up. So ultimately it may have taken me 10-30 minutes longer (considering that the remaining 4k is easy to powermine in a few minutes). Now I do not know if most of the extra time was due to the animation or me mining slower due to the fatigue (which the latter is usually true because by hour 2 I may powermine 26-28k). But I can certainly notice the visible difference, where as before I gained the iron instantly in one clean stroke...I now gain it after a 0.6 second chisel (as I Had a Deal clocked it).

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

• 2 weeks later...