Wyverns are now a complete joke lol

qeltar

A couple of weeks ago wyverns were allegedly improved in terms of their drops. Except they weren't, because the drops still stink as I and everyone else who tried them found out.

The ONLY saving grace was that with protection from melee you didn't need the stupid shield, so you could use Veracs and other methods of killing them a bit more effectively.

Well, this past week some J mod went to the deliberate trouble of changing the wyverns to remove this possibility. Apparently it was considered a bug, and yes, I can understand that it doesn't make sense for protection from melee to negate the need for the shield.

But they have made them now horribly imbalanced. They also appear to have greatly INCREASED the amount of damage done by their magic attack -- I just went there and was getting hit for 50+ mage damage while protecting from melee on EACH wyvern.

So, while they were doing this -- while someone was changing the code for this monster -- do you think they improved the drops any?

Nope. Of course not.

The bones are still inferior, and the drops are garbage like random herbs and 14 water runes.

A waste of what could have been a great slayer monster.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I agree 100%, the drops are still as bad after the update a few weeks ago and now they just seem worthless to kill.

The granite legs are way too rare, or more common rune drops need to be added.

Won't be visiting them again

"Could have been a great slayer monster"?

Stop thinking with your wallet and start thinking about how it was supposed to be done. There are certain monsters in this game that just won't be worth it to some players, no matter what. That 'saving grace' which you so put it was a bug, meaning it was not intended to be that way. Think about it: How is ice a melee attack?

On top of this, with 800 experience per kill (200 x 4), and 200 experience per slayer kill, I think that I'll be sticking to my Wyvern tasks, thank you. Don't wanna do them? That's just one less Granite leg hunter that I have to put up with.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yep, people think too much about being greedy then getting good exp...

STOP THE WHINING!! <.<

a monster that takes forever to kill, uses a lot of resources, and the same ammount of xp can be received from lower level slayer monsters.

I really never liked them, but i understand why previous visage hunters are angry.

w4M8t.png

These Wyverns are even useless for slayer also now. Even though they have 200 hp. I could only kill 10-15 after the update. Before hand, I could kill around 40-50. I never saw anyone before the update for 2 weeks and I bet 1m I won't see anyone else.

I killed 1.6k Wyvern from the beginning of the Dragonfire Shield update to now. I give up on wyverns and move on to black dragons. It's just not worth it. :wall:

Samus-Part-3-1.jpg

Need help or advise? Have a question? Just PM me through Runescape or Tip.it. :)

No dragon at level 140 be able to use range, melee, and mage attacks along with 200 hitpoints(4 more than black dragons), high defence, and require a elemental shield.

That's just crazy. #-o

Samus-Part-3-1.jpg

Need help or advise? Have a question? Just PM me through Runescape or Tip.it. :)

Stop thinking with your wallet and start thinking about how it was supposed to be done. There are certain monsters in this game that just won't be worth it to some players, no matter what. That 'saving grace' which you so put it was a bug, meaning it was not intended to be that way. Think about it: How is ice a melee attack?

I don't "think with my wallet" -- but I DO try to avoid doing things that are annoying and pointless.

And that's what wyverns are -- to a tee.

They hit harder than dark beasts and have worse regular drops than any slayer monster probably down to and including banshees.

I agree that that should have been fixed. However, they went beyond fixing it -- they INCREASED how often you take mage damage from them. They also refused to fix their horrendous drops.

The end result is a monster more difficult than steel dragons and black dragons, with awful drops.

Why?

On top of this, with 800 experience per kill (200 x 4), and 200 experience per slayer kill, I think that I'll be sticking to my Wyvern tasks, thank you.

LOL.

They are HORRIBLE slayer experience. Why? Because the tasks are small: like 15 or so. By the time you get on the special gear you need for them, go to their oddball location, and spend 3 minutes plus a piece killing them, you're better off IN EVERY CASE Burthorping them and getting something else.

~q

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

STOP THE WHINING!! <.<

Slayer level 36?

Come back when you have a clue what you are talking about.

~q

signew2.png

STOP THE WHINING!! <.<

a monster that takes forever to kill, uses a lot of resources, and the same ammount of xp can be received from lower level slayer monsters.

I really never liked them, but i understand why previous visage hunters are angry.

they don't forever to kill lol.. I have no prob killin em...

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

STOP THE WHINING!! <.<

When were you last there?

~q

signew2.png

STOP THE WHINING!! <.<

He wasn't whining, and of course people think about getting good drops, that's one of the main reasons people actually fight monsters! They're not being greedy. Respect other people's posts; he neither used caps or any form of offensive language- that is something most people can't do when ranting about a monster's drops. Think about who the real 'whiners' are- you.

I totally agree qeltar. It does make sence that the ice damage should do mage attack, and not melee, but I can't believe jagex increased the amount of damage it does.

Keeping something in the game that doesn't appeal to most players is just plain stupid. Jagex needs to fix this(along with the string 'x' :P ).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I'm disappointed that they still haven't added them to the slaying monster assignments. What's with that... I mean you can't slay them until lvl 72, yet they're never actually assigned... geez

I had them once as a task but only a good 15 of them. Once from 72 to 87 slayer, it's a shame.

STOP THE WHINING!! <.<

~q

couple days ago.. gonna go back now actually to take a gander

Drgnslyer15.png

Never was a big fan of them...

This isn't because of "OMG I don't get rich!"

It's more of..

I waste X amount of time. I get X Amount of Mellee and Prayer XP.

Same time at Abbys, Iron D's, Ab Spects or (Insert your NPC here) I could get more XP and with the extra loot BUY more Prayer XP.

Simply the time is not worth the reward. I play the game for fun .. DUH but also like to make the most of my time

And these... they are not the best use of time and not that fun to be honest

I'm 75 slayer and have never had a Wyvern assignment. Just yesterday I was complaining to a friend that the highest slayer monster assignment I had received was Dusties. Sod's law means my next will be Wyverns!

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

STOP THE WHINING!! <.<

~q

couple days ago.. gonna go back now actually to take a gander

You do that... and you'll find your attitude adjusts in a big hurry. They are much worse now.

~q

signew2.png

no actually i still own em lol i killed about 30 or so to make sure i wasn't just lucky or something.. Lol I hit quite often and quite hard.. Drops still blow but they aren't tough

Drgnslyer15.png

They hit harder than dark beasts and have worse regular drops than any slayer monster probably down to and including banshees.

Banshees have one of the top 2 or 3 drop lists in the game :)

Which game?

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

oh sorry they are not the perfect monster :(:(

go cry about it somewhere else.

You know, moronic replies like that I'd expect on the RS forums. I come to the Tip.It forums because for the most part, the level of discussion is a notch higher. Try not to ruin that.

This is a place for discussion. I'm discussing the wyverns. If it doesn't interest you, move on to something else instead of making a fool of yourself.

~q

signew2.png