Selling your house

malo2

Well I spent a good 10m to make a very nice house with some things inside needing at least 79 con to make (saw+tea), but I rarely use the thing I spent so much money on. If I were to buy a piece of armour or a weapon for 10m that I never use I would have sold it long ago, but that isn't something I can do with my house, at least not yet.

So how about each player being able to go to the estate agent and buy a house deed. This item can't be dropped only destroyed, and can be traded only when you are inside your house, and not in construction mode (to prevent scamming).

Once the deed lands in the hands of the other player, all the power also is transferred to him, so you just traded away your house. With this, those of us that never found our house useful, or maybe are quitting members, will be able to sell it at will. This would also enable people with low construction levels to buy a nice house with the right amount of money.

The best part about this is that construction would become a money making skill. You could start a construction business, and ask people with low con lvl exactly what they want their house to look like, and build it. Once finished, you charge a mil more than you spent on it.

What do you think?

~One word: NO. What happens when you have two or more land deeds? How does a land deed become a house? You have an okay outline for an idea, but you're still a little rough around the edges. Maybe make it super-clear what happens. Do you get to choose which house you enter into? Can you have more than one house at a time? Think about these questions...~

~Otherwise, i'd like to semi-support. I've spent over 130M on my house, (and i'm planning to spend around 120M more...ugh...) and now i want to remodel it...I'd rather just start from scratch, because i'm just throwing away that money. If Construction becomes a money-making Skill, it will definately throw things off. Like, imagine a million Members have a house. The average value is...2M or so. 2,000,000 x 1,000,000 = 2,000,000,000,000 more gp added into RuneScape in the form of items. When it makes sense to add 2T, let me know.~

~About building houses for others, that'd a great idea. It would become fun, instead of boring, as it is now. It would become more of a production Skill, rather than a show-offy Skill. Just clarify your first post, and this might find its' way into the game soon =).~

Our_Moon.png

~One word: NO. What happens when you have two or more land deeds? How does a land deed become a house? You have an okay outline for an idea, but you're still a little rough around the edges. Maybe make it super-clear what happens. Do you get to choose which house you enter into? Can you have more than one house at a time? Think about these questions...~
I never said anything about having more than one house at a time, you made a pretty strange assumption there. As for the deed turning into a house, you question makes little sense, what do you mean buy "turning into"? what I did say is that all the powers in the house turn over to you, so you have all the control. So I really don't know what to say, I explained pretty much anything, and I don't know where you are confused.

~Otherwise, i'd like to semi-support. I've spent over 130M on my house, (and i'm planning to spend around 120M more...ugh...) and now i want to remodel it...I'd rather just start from scratch, because i'm just throwing away that money. If Construction becomes a money-making Skill, it will definately throw things off. Like, imagine a million Members have a house. The average value is...2M or so. 2,000,000 x 1,000,000 = 2,000,000,000,000 more gp added into RuneScape in the form of items. When it makes sense to add 2T, let me know.~
well thats good to hear. although I don't understand you final comment, is it not supposed to make sense to add 2T? and I can assure you that not every member has 2M, let alone is willing to spend it on a house.

~About building houses for others, that'd a great idea. It would become fun, instead of boring, as it is now. It would become more of a production Skill, rather than a show-offy Skill. Just clarify your first post, and this might find its' way into the game soon =).~
thanks for that, and to make it most effective jagex should find ways to make the house more useful at high lvls so their would be more demand for houses that people don't have the lvl to build.

Well I spent a good 10m to make a very nice house with some things inside needing at least 79 con to make (saw+tea), but I rarely use the thing I spent so much money on. If I were to buy a piece of armour or a weapon for 10m that I never use I would have sold it long ago, but that isn't something I can do with my house, at least not yet.

So how about each player being able to go to the estate agent and buy a house deed. This item can't be dropped only destroyed, and can be traded only when you are inside your house, and not in construction mode (to prevent scamming).

Once the deed lands in the hands of the other player, all the power also is transferred to him, so you just traded away your house. With this, those of us that never found our house useful, or maybe are quitting members, will be able to sell it at will. This would also enable people with low construction levels to buy a nice house with the right amount of money.

The best part about this is that construction would become a money making skill. You could start a construction business, and ask people with low con lvl exactly what they want their house to look like, and build it. Once finished, you charge a mil more than you spent on it.

What do you think?

Ok, people aren't supposed to have more than one house, so you'll have to work that a bit. If I already have got a bad house (20~ish cons level), and want to buy a good house, what could I do? Lose my house? Then what if I've already used lots of cash? Work on this point.

Also, you'd have to stablish a limit on the house deeds per person.

I support, (the increased outgoing money would even help reduce inflation) but the idea needs more work.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

This would be a good idea... i dont use my house at all anymore... only for partys.

-Support-

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

While your idea has merit, I doubt Jagex would allow this. The whole point of Construction was that it was designed as a deliberate money sink.

Being able to level that skill by spending so much money, then making much of it back by selling your house, would negate the major reason for ths skills' introduction in the first place :(

Harrington.gif

While your idea has merit, I doubt Jagex would allow this. The whole point of Construction was that it was designed as a deliberate money sink.

Being able to level that skill by spending so much money, then making much of it back by selling your house, would negate the major reason for ths skills' introduction in the first place :(

That is like saying that merchants bring money into the game. :-k

Nice suggestion. full support

Not really. Think about it... You have player X, Y, and Z, and NONE of them currently have a house.

Player X builds a house for 10mil.

Player X sells house to player Y for 11mil.

Player X no longer has a house, so they build another one for 15mil.

Player X sells new house to player Z for 17mil.

Player X again, no longer has a house, so they build another one for 20mil.

As you can see, 45mil has been taken away from the game, but player X has a 20mil house, and an extra 3mil in pocket. How does this add money to the game? It only transfers it from player to player. Actually, it takes MORE money out of the game. This would allow players with virtually no construction experience to have a pretty sweet house built for them by someone with way better construction experience. Still takes money out of the game whether player X or player Y does the building, only player X makes some extra cash for his labor.

The only problem I see with this is getting all the high level construction stuff, without doing the work for it. I don't think you should be able to have, say, a coustume room, without being at the level needed to build it. This now gives you an advantage over other players who don't have a costume room, nor have the money to build or purchase one.

Now you may say, but I can't make Rune armor, does that mean I don't deserve to have it? That's a little different. The advantage you get in construction is the fact that you now have more space to put stuff, ie: costumes, and thus do not have to take up precious bank space.

I personally like the idea, but I'm not sure Jagex would think about implementing it. Plus, I am f2p, so it really doesn't affect me now anyways :D .

Lion+O+1.png

This would be a way to make Construction into the money-drain Jagex intended it to be!

~full support

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

^^ You don't get it. Land deed's give the owner the new house.

I support fully, I would like to sell mine and move areas but I'm lazy.

RAWR PLAWKS?

abbypu8.th.png

SELLING BLUE ELE- SKIRT - PM - ME -IN- GAME

no no no no no that idea is wrong on so many lvls

anyone could buy a house which as items that need 99 con to make.

also it wouls make 99 con pointless to get as you could just buy the best house there is

13zwenn.png

i dont think this would work as other players have said the skill was made for a money sink and that is how it will probably always remain

It would remain a money sink. Read above ^.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

also it wouls make 99 con pointless to get as you could just buy the best house there is

so.. by that logic, getting 44 runecrafting is pointless because you can buy just buy natures?

People would get 99 Construction to make money, just like they craft natures.

I fully support this, id love to sell my house, i hate the layout of it :P

l33t_necroh.png

What do you think?

Ok, people aren't supposed to have more than one house, so you'll have to work that a bit. If I already have got a bad house (20~ish cons level), and want to buy a good house, what could I do? Lose my house? Then what if I've already used lots of cash? Work on this point.

Also, you'd have to stablish a limit on the house deeds per person.

I support, (the increased outgoing money would even help reduce inflation) but the idea needs more work.

If this happended then we would see d squares going for 600k.

#1 reason construction was introduced: to REDUCE runthe amount of money in runescape. With all this money in runescape inflation was setting in and now sence people spend Millions or billions or construction to have that cool house it reduced money and even the price of rares because people had to sell them to afford that expense because many people itemize now adays.

So Jagex would never do this.

But....................

I do like the idea kind of rough but hey the concept is mainly good.

Support :thumbup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012