What if we could choose the items kept upon death?

ikraz66

In the bts this month, Jagex clearly said that we would be able to clarify the items kept upon death. Apparently most players (not me 8-) ) assumed that we would be able to CHOOSE the items we keep. I personally think it was a brilliant update. Now I know which untradeable items to risk in dangerous situations. Also, quest capes would alch for 27k if we could alch them.

I was just wondering, what would happen if we could actually CHOOSE the items we kept upon death. Would this destroy runescape? Would everyone stop pking? Would this take the danger out of everything? or would the effects actually be good for us?

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

End of Pking as we know it.
why is that? the most valuble thing that most pkers take is a whip, and that protects over everything except fury, crystal bow, dark bow, and df shield, and mostly no one takes those to wild anyway.

I just realized, if we could choose the items to keep, then all pieces of guthan, dharock, and verac armor would cost the same. For example, everyone would protect the guthan helm and spear, and they would decrease in price while they lose the legs/tops and they increase in price.

Also, people would be more likely to risk rare items in the wild, so if you smite well enough, you can pk a ranger set or even a santa.

regular players would bring lots of valuable stuff into the more dangerous areas.

it would be a bit better as we could choose to keep our fire capes, fighter torsos and defenders but it really takes all the danger out of runescape.

ruadorksiggy.gif

Thanks SkyFleet for the awsome siggy!

why is that? the most valuble thing that most pkers take is a whip, and that protects over everything except fury, crystal bow, dark bow, and df shield, and mostly no one takes those to wild anyway.

let's not forget mystic robes, dragon battleaxes, etc...

In my opinion that ends this discussion. It's done right there.

Unless perhaps choosing what you keep works only if you get killed my a NPC. Although it would be interesting to see how they would incorpereate that system into the game.. Would we have to re-pick your kept items everytime we changed something were wearing?

Nothing about this idea seems logical to me right now..

35b9enp.jpg

let's not forget mystic robes, dragon battleaxes, etc...

mystic robes don't protect over whips anymore. That scam ended over a year ago. Even before I joined p2p.

it would kinda be stupid, because the person who killed us would have to wait as we chose which items to keep, or they would lose out on some items that have higher player value than shop value. Not a great idea.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I never do pking, so it wuld be great for me, because I could fight things with a santa on or something, and not be paranoid about dying. Also, the same goes fro rich people who have phats, they could walk around without the fear of lagging and dying.

Maybe we could be allowed to choose the items we keep after death, when we aren't in the wilderness?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

i'm not sure it would do anything if u were skulled -.-

But people would prly pk with their santas and ranger sets and keep them and totally ruin the rewards of pking. The whip does proctect but thats not the point.

You go into wield with ur ranger set and non skulled and u protect then the pker loses. I meen if everyone stayed unskulled and protected they're valuesables then a pkers can't live.

But since the closest to the wildy i've been was oziach 2 years ago it might have changed.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Perhaps you could just choose to protect your non tradeable items over others, such as a fighter torso over a whip. Because even if you get pked and lose your torso the pker doesnt get it so there wouldnt be much difference :-k

Omega.gif

Thanks Yaff2 for the sig^,^

People saying it would ruin pking, i'd like to see a few reasons. Already the average pker has a whip which protects, no one would change that because they want to keep their whips, people only bring in their best item so they can try to protect it. It wouldn't ruin pking as people would pick their best item which will be their most expensive item which would protect anyway.

The update would be for those skillers walking around in a party hat and dying but keeping the hat, its another step to making rs more idiot friendly but its not by any means a bad update. I might be missing something here so the people saying it would be a really bad update please give me a reason because i have a feeling im missing something glaring :P

Imagine it from a lurer's view: take full rune+phat, choose to keep the phat and run around single wildy areas and drag people to your team. Jagex has said it in their rules that this isn't against the rules either.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I just realized, if we could choose the items to keep, then all pieces of guthan, dharock, and verac armor would cost the same. For example, everyone would protect the guthan helm and spear, and they would decrease in price while they lose the legs/tops and they increase in price.

Also, people would be more likely to risk rare items in the wild, so if you smite well enough, you can pk a ranger set or even a santa.

I've pked a santa way before smite came out, I'm that good I guess.

What's wrong with the current system? Why would they change it?

There's no way it could be put in without causing problems.

Just died in the wild? No problem! Keep the item select screen up while you tell your friend to go to the wild where you died and get rid of the person so he can get your loot!

Things such as that make it impossible to implement if you picked the items on death. If you picked them pre-death then you'd have to change it every time you picked an item.

What's wrong with the current system? Why would they change it?

There's no way it could be put in without causing problems.

Just died in the wild? No problem! Keep the item select screen up while you tell your friend to go to the wild where you died and get rid of the person so he can get your loot!

Things such as that make it impossible to implement if you picked the items on death. If you picked them pre-death then you'd have to change it every time you picked an item.

you have a weird way to see it... of course it couldn't work at all that the items would drop on delay, and if you picked the 3 items (or 4) before, as it logically would be in this scenario, then just change the items if you pick something else which you want to keep, you don't need to change it every time lol

People saying it would ruin pking, i'd like to see a few reasons.

Not just pking. Imagine the huge price drop in guthan spears, if you could choose them to protect over anything else.

It would have a rather profound effect on the economy, as the economy does rely on things vanishing from the game. For example, i died yesterday, lost full wizzy t. It didn't protect over my pic and one piece of iron ore. Now i lost that. If it protected over thanks to the system the topic is made about, then i wouldn't have to buy a new set, and one seller wouldn't recieve 470k cash for it. They couldn't spend that on x, etc.

Classic example of the multiplier effect, and this is the point of the current system. Rare TT items, rares and other items considered rare don't protect over everyday items. Things such as this keep the economy cycling over.

The economy would therefore recieve less need for items considered expensive, and the economy would begin to become a bit lop-sided, if my wizzy t (again the example) was to protect over my iron ore and pic.

Thoughts?

~ Original six ~ 6 99 skills ~ 2b+ bank ~

Retired upon the destruction of the duel arena

People saying it would ruin pking, i'd like to see a few reasons.

Not just pking. Imagine the huge price drop in guthan spears, if you could choose them to protect over anything else.

It would have a rather profound effect on the economy, as the economy does rely on things vanishing from the game. For example, i died yesterday, lost full wizzy t. It didn't protect over my pic and one piece of iron ore. Now i lost that. If it protected over thanks to the system the topic is made about, then i wouldn't have to buy a new set, and one seller wouldn't recieve 470k cash for it. They couldn't spend that on x, etc.

Classic example of the multiplier effect, and this is the point of the current system. Rare TT items, rares and other items considered rare don't protect over everyday items. Things such as this keep the economy cycling over.

The economy would therefore recieve less need for items considered expensive, and the economy would begin to become a bit lop-sided, if my wizzy t (again the example) was to protect over my iron ore and pic.

Thoughts?

However when you lose something, someone usually finds it. Specially with wearable rares this happens. In the other words, the amount of items wouldn't reduce and demand would stay pretty much at the same.

For barrow items it would most likely balance the prices. Of course people would protect the ones with highest street value, like guthan spears for example. However they'd lose other barrow items and thus higher the demand for "cheaper" ones. In other words, guthan spear would fall in price and others rise a bit.

For wearable rares, their prices could actually rise because of this. Rares are more than just invests, they are status symbols. However most people don't want to lose their precious phats. If there was a way to be 100% sure that you can't lose it for a random event, there would be higher demand for them.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm