What if we could choose the items kept upon death?

ikraz66

It would probably be like the "What 3 items do I keep when I die" Thing that Jagex put in this past week, but you would be able to drag and drop the ones you want to keep into the upper line. if you remove an item in your top 3, the most expensive (Jagex) priced item not protected would move up to your top 3.

nh.jpg

I had a post like this on the Rs forums a lil bit ago. Well, Im pretty sure that the items you keep depends on its shop value, so my idea is that you can click on something in that little thing that shows what you keep to see its shop value. You could also change that shop value.

The alch value or what you could sell it to the shop would not change but if it had a higher shop value in that screen it would protect over things with lower. So, it would only be booted out of that if something with an even higher value got picked up or taken out of your bank. So if you want to keep something over anything else you have, you just assign this a value of like 17 bajillion trillion.

As this could ruin some types of pking, such as people pking in ahrims which you lose over most things, it would probably be good to make it not work in wild. Also, there would be a button on that screen that you could press to change all the values back to default.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

It would encourage luring. A lurer could just wear a blue partyhat into the wilderness and choose that he keeps the blue partyhat when he dies..

that was my overall idea when i saw this topic.

id slap on my santa hat, recruit a team of mages and strut out to the mage bank :mrgreen:

[hide=Teh rather large quote]

People saying it would ruin pking, i'd like to see a few reasons.

Not just pking. Imagine the huge price drop in guthan spears, if you could choose them to protect over anything else.

It would have a rather profound effect on the economy, as the economy does rely on things vanishing from the game. For example, i died yesterday, lost full wizzy t. It didn't protect over my pic and one piece of iron ore. Now i lost that. If it protected over thanks to the system the topic is made about, then i wouldn't have to buy a new set, and one seller wouldn't recieve 470k cash for it. They couldn't spend that on x, etc.

Classic example of the multiplier effect, and this is the point of the current system. Rare TT items, rares and other items considered rare don't protect over everyday items. Things such as this keep the economy cycling over.

The economy would therefore recieve less need for items considered expensive, and the economy would begin to become a bit lop-sided, if my wizzy t (again the example) was to protect over my iron ore and pic.

Thoughts?

However when you lose something, someone usually finds it. Specially with wearable rares this happens. In the other words, the amount of items wouldn't reduce and demand would stay pretty much at the same.

For barrow items it would most likely balance the prices. Of course people would protect the ones with highest street value, like guthan spears for example. However they'd lose other barrow items and thus higher the demand for "cheaper" ones. In other words, guthan spear would fall in price and others rise a bit.

For wearable rares, their prices could actually rise because of this. Rares are more than just invests, they are status symbols. However most people don't want to lose their precious phats. If there was a way to be 100% sure that you can't lose it for a random event, there would be higher demand for them.

[/hide]

Although what you have said is true to most extents, in then backs up what i said about making the economy lop - sided. The first highlighted bold is a statement about the tweaking of barrows item prices. Guthan spear would be protected, spears would take a rapid price drop, to such an extent that spears become very cheap.

The more common barrows items would fluctulate heavily. They're common, but thanks to them not being protected, their prices would be set to rise due to people losing them. This could result in one person selling a t helm for 100k, the guy next to him would be selling for 250k.

People with rarer items usually avoid combat when wearing the said item, and are therefore more at risk from dying by the hand of random events. Since these are random, this could happen at a place which is void of people. They die, the item runs through the allotted time on the ground, and then it vanishes.

Slthough it's a rare occurance, it does happen, as was the case of my wizzy t, and the 1.3m i was carrying with it. Things such as this help balance out the economy, as i would need to make the cash again, and buy the item again, passing on the cash to the seller. He could therefore buy an empty box, and the seller may buy some rune sets.

If it wasn't for these occurances, where people die, and someone takes their death pile, then there would be heavy extremes of rich and poor, with a few people with all the party hats, a group frabtically making the cash for one, and the people at the bottom fishing shrimp.

Although the example i have given is increasingly becoming modern runescape, with the great paranoia of losing rares these days, you can see what i'm saying. If Mr X was not to die and lose rare X, mr Y could not fine it, and sell it etc etc.

So its deaths and people losing rares which keeps a section economy ticking over.

~ Original six ~ 6 99 skills ~ 2b+ bank ~

Retired upon the destruction of the duel arena

End of Pking as we know it.

As well as the majority of pure pking clans, the rants board, and the economy(someone gave an example of this with barrows armor earlier in the thread).

Jagex would never do this, they know that pkers are mad already at them, they wouldn't push them any further. Jagex may have their "bad" updates, but they would never release something like this.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I would like it because I dont pk, but everyone else wont because they like to PK a bit too much...

Why take w whip into the wildy when if you have 99 strength you can hit 40s with a bronze dagger?

8-)

Pasty.png

it wont be the end of pking i think...

i mean a skull means you lose everything anyways so doesnt really matter

and for the unskullled... yes maybe more people with fire cape in wildie but pking wouldnt change to much

RSN:neovenator

proud fire cape owner

proud fighter torso owner

I would like it because I dont pk, but everyone else wont because they like to PK a bit too much...

Why take w whip into the wildy when if you have 99 strength you can hit 40s with a bronze dagger?

8-)

WOW have you seen anyone hit 40 with a bronze dagger insane. Well that brings up another subject people think 99 stats is so insane but there not. Well off to the subject.

I myself PK and I dont really care if they do it or not. In basic I dont attack people who are not skulled, since they in general wont lose any expensive stuff.

I do think thats jagex should make a change so the amount of things you have would count. I mean I dont think its fair that a melee guy keeps his D scim and D dagger, when a mage/ranger loses his arrows/runes. And yes most of the time when I pk i bring runes worth 100k+ atleast, but then again I dont rly care, cause when I enter wildy I get skulled, there is no fun in fighting if you have nothing to risk.

Hmm maybe they should make it so you were skulled when entering wildy?

What do u think?

Although what you have said is true to most extents, in then backs up what i said about making the economy lop - sided. The first highlighted bold is a statement about the tweaking of barrows item prices. Guthan spear would be protected, spears would take a rapid price drop, to such an extent that spears become very cheap.

The more common barrows items would fluctulate heavily. They're common, but thanks to them not being protected, their prices would be set to rise due to people losing them. This could result in one person selling a t helm for 100k, the guy next to him would be selling for 250k.

The price depends on supply and demand. Currently the supply for all guthans is pretty much the same, but demand is higher for spears as they are the ones you lose when you die. If you could protect the spear, it would affect to it's demand a lot and cause a drop in price. However that would also affect to the demand of other same set items, guthans in this case. The increased demand would rise their prices. Eventually we'd be in a state where all items from same set are worth pretty much the same because their supply is equal and demand will stay around the same: people would always protect the 3 most valuable ones and thus boost the demand of the cheapest.

I don't really get your last sentence of 100k and 250k. The prices are set by players and their needs&ownings. They'd be flying like that for few days/hours until they were balanced to a situation where they currently are: everyone selling and buying for equal prices.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

[hide=Quote]

The price depends on supply and demand. Currently the supply for all guthans is pretty much the same, but demand is higher for spears as they are the ones you lose when you die. If you could protect the spear, it would affect to it's demand a lot and cause a drop in price. However that would also affect to the demand of other same set items, guthans in this case. The increased demand would rise their prices. Eventually we'd be in a state where all items from same set are worth pretty much the same because their supply is equal and demand will stay around the same: people would always protect the 3 most valuable ones and thus boost the demand of the cheapest.

I don't really get your last sentence of 100k and 250k. The prices are set by players and their needs&ownings. They'd be flying like that for few days/hours until they were balanced to a situation where they currently are: everyone selling and buying for equal prices.

[/hide]

I completley agree on the what you have said.

In the bit in which you didn't understand, at the beginning, there would be confusion on prices on the more common barrows items. Since these are less desirable and wouldn't be protected, people would need to buy again. This would create some confusion, as the higher supply may result in an price hike at the beginning, and confusion on the set price.

So basically, you were correct in saying they would even out, but at the start, the prices would fluctuate randomly is what i was trying to convey in my final paragraph.

~ Original six ~ 6 99 skills ~ 2b+ bank ~

Retired upon the destruction of the duel arena

You go into wield with ur ranger set and non skulled and u protect then the pker loses. I meen if everyone stayed unskulled and protected they're valuesables then a pkers can't live.

You go into wild with ur abyssal whip and non skulled and u protect the whip then the pker loses. I meen if everyone stayed unskulled and protected they're whips then a pker can't live.

If people would take rangers and robins into the wild you could smite them, free robin for you