The future for the Runescape Community?

Shlaymoed

Everybody on these forums will agree that there is way too many autoers, beggars, scammers, hackers, and overall annoying people. Considering how much the community has declined already, what do you think it will be like a year or 2 from now? Please discuss.

Unless Runescape is removed from Miniclip and there is a reliable way of stopping under 13s from playing, then it can only get worse.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

chingchongchai001, chingchongchai002, i r hax0rs, chingchongchai003, chingchongchai004...Wootcannon, chingchongchai067, chingchongchai068, l337c00ldude666, chingchongchai069...zeng412, chingchongchai612 and so forth...

*just f2p mind you*

Economy is run on a simple theory of Supply and Demand. As long as there is a supply of something that equals the demand for it, nothing should happen to the economy. It should remain stable. Now, whatever your oppinions, you have to think about those autoers you talked about. Are the fulfilling a much needed supply? or are they creating surplus, which will lower prices because of a lower demand?

with essence autoers around, we can see that essence has become stable at 80-100 ea. this creaters profit for the runecrafters, which in turn sell the runes to the fletchers/mages that train on alching bows (most of the time). this will break the fletchers even (most of the time), and if not only set them back a few gp on their own accord.

However.... because of essence autoers, we have seen a drop of about 30 gp in essence prices since they became stable after the update. this could make prices of runes go down, yew logs and bowstrings to go up, and change the economy, but not necessarily kill it. There are yew autoers that keep the prices low as well, not to mention the autoers that pick flax and spin it. So of course, all of these items should, in theory, stay at the same price they are at right now for a while, unless something else unexpected happens.

of course, I am just using a little window to explain a large world, but i think you understand what I mean. (and if anything does happen I think jagex would impliment something that fixes the economy. they arent 5 year olds with a computer program you know :XD: )

polarbeardaveyz9.png

imaerehw14, community, not economy.

Unless Jagex does something, Runescape will become a place for kids to learn bad language, bad attitude, etc. I don't think Rs will stay popular if it stays on the track it's currently on. Nobody likes games in which everyone insults and are being insulted constantly.

2480+ total

With all these little 10 year old girls who whine and report everytime they get insulted.

Teh community will be full or little kids who are fighting each other like babies. So the community will fall apart lose it's "hardcore" members and die out.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

In about 2 years the economy will be so bad that Jagex will completely wipe the system and start over. They will totally rewrite the RuneScript and make their own version of Java so autoing programs cannot be made unless they work for Jagex and know the code for their Java version (which will be known only to Andrew Gower and those closest to him).

Every account will be deleted and the game will be reset. All people, destroyed. All GP, melted. All items (even phats) will be burned. The 144 worlds will close down permanently.

The game will be closed for quite a while before being reopened as 'RuneScape 3' and it will be free of noobs, autoers, and Zezima. The ultimate paridise. The old servers will be destroyed and new ones will be built on the new Jagex Java. There will only be 3 worlds, 2 nonmember, and 1 members.

That is the future, The PastyGangsta has spoken!

Im not kidding, this will happen soon.

Pasty.png

I don't think it will happen, but here is another possibility:

As stated in this thread, nobody likes games in which everyone insults and are being insulted constantly. In time Runescape will grow less popular. People keep leaving the game, it isn't interesting enough to be on miniclip anymore and slowly rs seems to be dying. In the end, there will be only enough members to fill up to 10 worlds and because of that most servers will go offline. What you are left with is the extreme core, the real fans. They start growing into a tight-knit community, a bit like it has been on rs1 all those years ago.

Then as the people that still play invite their friends, slowly the rs population begins to grow again. Untill it reaches its peak, the majority of runescape consisting of people insulting each other over everything. In time Runescape will grow less popular. etc etc. :-s

best-guide-ever.jpg

I just think that a process of attrition denude the older (hopefully more mature) players, until all that are left will be the children. Then subscriptions will fade away and RS2 will die. By then, of course, Jagex will have releaed RS3 - subscription only of course.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

I hate the talk of a declining community. The community is the same as it was 4 years ago. I remember 4 years ago people talking about how the community has declined. I thought it had also, until recently, I've decided that some aspects of the community sucks. These certain aspects have hardly got worse or better. There are still plenty of good people out there.

SO PLEASE QUIT TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH OUR COMMUNITY SUCKS, BECAUSE IT'S NOT MUCH WORSE OR BETTER THEN IT WAS BEFORE.

If you quote this thread, please take out the size and boldness, THANK YOU

w4M8t.png

I hate the talk of a declining community. The community is the same as it was 4 years ago. I remember 4 years ago people talking about how the community has declined. I thought it had also, until recently, I've decided that some aspects of the community sucks. These certain aspects have hardly got worse or better. There are still plenty of good people out there.

SO PLEASE QUIT TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH OUR COMMUNITY SUCKS, BECAUSE IT'S NOT MUCH WORSE OR BETTER THEN IT WAS BEFORE.

its not technically "declining" but it is getting worse since there are more and more idiots because there more and more people playing

clansig7.gif

In about 2 years the economy will be so bad that Jagex will completely wipe the system and start over. They will totally rewrite the RuneScript and make their own version of Java so autoing programs cannot be made unless they work for Jagex and know the code for their Java version (which will be known only to Andrew Gower and those closest to him).

Every account will be deleted and the game will be reset. All people, destroyed. All GP, melted. All items (even phats) will be burned. The 144 worlds will close down permanently.

The game will be closed for quite a while before being reopened as 'RuneScape 3' and it will be free of noobs, autoers, and Zezima. The ultimate paridise. The old servers will be destroyed and new ones will be built on the new Jagex Java. There will only be 3 worlds, 2 nonmember, and 1 members.

That is the future, The PastyGangsta has spoken!

Im not kidding, this will happen soon.

It is not physically possible for the frikking Runescape economy to crash, so everyone needs to stop talking like it is, and like it's imminent or some other crud like that -.- .

Seriously, give me one frikking realistic scenario that would result in a crash, or the "economy going bad". Honestly, I dare you.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If there is one more thread about how much runescapes economy/people/updates/whatever sucks, I'm gonna jump off a bridge. serously. can't people just stfu already? runescape doesn't suck anymore then it ever did. who cares if there's autoers? don't wc. that simple. :evil:

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

If there is one more thread about how much runescapes economy/people/updates/whatever sucks, I'm gonna jump off a bridge. serously. can't people just stfu already? runescape doesn't suck anymore then it ever did. who cares if there's autoers? don't wc. that simple. :evil:

Everybody cares that there is autoers. And there are autoers for almost every skill out there. So, using your logic, we shouldn't train any skills.

you sound like a typical auto owner, autos have killed prices of things people use to make money, they drop the prices of yews, mages, sharks, coal, iron, and lots of things i cant think of right now. Dont tell genuine hardworking people to "stfu" while they see there profits go down as greedy pixel hungry auto owners profits go up.

clansig7.gif

Economy is run on a simple theory of Supply and Demand. As long as there is a supply of something that equals the demand for it, nothing should happen to the economy. It should remain stable. Now, whatever your oppinions, you have to think about those autoers you talked about. Are the fulfilling a much needed supply? or are they creating surplus, which will lower prices because of a lower demand?

with essence autoers around, we can see that essence has become stable at 80-100 ea. this creaters profit for the runecrafters, which in turn sell the runes to the fletchers/mages that train on alching bows (most of the time). this will break the fletchers even (most of the time), and if not only set them back a few gp on their own accord.

However.... because of essence autoers, we have seen a drop of about 30 gp in essence prices since they became stable after the update. this could make prices of runes go down, yew logs and bowstrings to go up, and change the economy, but not necessarily kill it. There are yew autoers that keep the prices low as well, not to mention the autoers that pick flax and spin it. So of course, all of these items should, in theory, stay at the same price they are at right now for a while, unless something else unexpected happens.

of course, I am just using a little window to explain a large world, but i think you understand what I mean. (and if anything does happen I think jagex would impliment something that fixes the economy. they arent 5 year olds with a computer program you know :XD: )

only problem is, autoers ruin the market for those people that actually want to make money off of it. now that more autoers are being banned, yew prices have gone up over 50 gp. that's good for honest wcers. shark prices went up, now they are actually a feasible way to make money, 800gp for something that takes a long time to fish isn't reasonable. if ess prices go up, that will be good for beggining players who make money off of it. overall, you're thinking about one group of people, the things you usually do. but all of those skills except runecrafting are just sitting in a bank. and if more autoers are banned, that will get rid of rune shop autoers, in turn making rune prices go up to make up for the increase in ess prices.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I agree.

There has always been autoers, scammers, hackers and generally annoying people. And they will be with us forver.

killa870yt.png