Daily Sketch Thread-It is BACK!- topic: angels @@@@@@@@@

tttia

This is part of a piece I hope to complete at some point. I won't tell the rest of it for now, but suffice to say this is a man eating plant :)

Does it look hungry?

showdown4resbw3qv.gif

plant3vd.jpg

Next topic: fabric...anthing with fabric

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say it looks too alive at the moment

It looks like two halves of a slightly furry bud casing at the moment.....

....and not a single bloodstained fang in sight? :o

Tsk tsk.... must have some at least, even the whatsit in 'the little shop of horrors' had some evil looking teeth :P

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104

yup, as I said, unfinished...not sure how much I will go with the blood stained fangs...but maybe :)

Of course...I might not even bother completing it. I have to say I mainly only posted it to fulfill my plant obligations!

I wanted to get something done for the daily sketch even if it was not a complete work. Afterall it is a daily SKETCH.

Nice potted plant, MrX.

And Keiph, holy [bleep], markers? What kinda markers? Please tell me it's not the box of 12 crayola's, cuz you're [bleep]ing inhuman if it is.

I've never tried a still life actually, of objects rather than people, which would be a portrait and not a still life, I guess, but still, I have to try one of those one of these days.

~witty

Well I didn't get to this one..sorry to say. As for the next topic, who knows, maybe I will be more motivated tomorrow. Since none of us actually did this one...I guess it stays. Some are saying they are too often anyway.

Incidentally this is not an admission that daily is too often. It is just a recognition that we are all to apathetic and lazy to make an idea work for long. But hey, I will try again tomorrow! Daily practice is still a good thing. But I think perhaps I will scale back my own personal expectations. Some might get the idea from some of my posts, and from keiphus' marker post etc. that you have to submit a full finished work. That is not the idea.

Not bad :)

I would suggest having the upper part of the toga go closer to his neck..the area between the neck and shoulder support that type of a garment. Then when it hangs down to the other side it would not likely be that tight...it should flow a bit.

The overall shape though is pretty decent. it looks like a greek male in his 50's with a bit of a weight issue. Not that uncommon among philosophers I suppose!

[OT]On the subject of the Gimp... I think the old layout of the program was nicer... V2 has too many exposed buttons now....[/OT]

Back to the toga though.... same as tttia and why are you showing him from behind?

sig16xk.jpg

Aaaaaaw!

Loookat the cute widdle wabbit :D

ahh...

Anyhoo :wink:

The trap's half thats facing us sideways looks a little strange towards the bottom tip I think and the flys wings seem to be unusually pointed and joined to its body along its whole abdomen. Its left middle and hind leg also have the appearance of sharing a knee...

I like the picture though, a nice amount of detailing up to the veining on the flys wings and the shadows on the stem.

Venus fly traps are great fun to play with.... if you poke them too much they stop working though :(

sig16xk.jpg

The fly's wings actually were pointed like that in the photo I used for reference. The legs are exactly the way they were in the photo, which looks weird, I know. I don't know if they're supposed to look broken or what. Maybe I should have made them look more normal to prevent confusion. And the tip of the leaf actually looked that way in the photo, too. The wings are actually supposed to be kind of tucked under the body up to the point where they are attached. That is the one thing I think could be improved. I didn't quite get the attachment point right, but I am just practicing painting on the computer. It's not perfect, but, hey, it's a daily sketch, not a masterpiece. :)

I haven't done a lot of these kind of things, so overall I am glad it came out as it did. I would make some changes doing this again, especially to the overall plan, but I like the atmosphere and shading, which was one of my big goals.

keep1ea.jpg

This is a Prismacolor pencil drawing that I touched up with Corel Photopaint. I am just learning how to paint on the computer; I am more used to traditional media. This was done with reference.

venusflytrappaintingsm0xy.jpg

Keep forgetting to post my comments, but that is way awsome for color pencil. Great use of different colors and their shades, lots of contrast and all proportions are kept well. It looks like an illustration you'd see in a nature or biology book.

Could the original pencil-only version be posted? I just really like RL pencil drawings more than PC art.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art