tttia

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:? It looks traced...

Whatever, it looks great.

~witty

how does that look traced, if you think its really good thank you, but i dont see how it looks traced??

I wouldn't be surprised if it was traced. You also "drew" those flowers :roll:

Seems I'm a bit mentally challenged.

Here's my sketch for "little things":

littlethings27uw.jpg

I sorta rushed through this one. Drawn from my imagination, might have some flaws. Also very small pic (about the size of your palm), so even the devart version is not very detailed.

~witty

wow.....beautiful. even though it's only a simple sketch, the picture really tells a story and i immediately drew a scene in (heh pun intended.......im hilarious) my head. great job. i'd love to see this finished.

panoramiadk9.gif

how does that look traced, if you think its really good thank you, but i dont see how it looks traced??

The lines look traced, either that or you have the oddest technique ever. Around the eyes is the area that looks the strangest.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

portrait3bp.th.gif

Theres my portrait. Ge gentle...I'm just doing this to try and get into art, hopefully I will get better as I keep doing these.

Cmon tttia! Don't let this die! I needs it for inspiration! :D

So...any comments on my sketch?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

please yall i sit there and draw these and look for help getting better and all yall tell me is YOU DIDNT DO THAT OMG IM AN UBER NOOB THAT SAYS EVERYTHINGS TRACED!

:roll:

please give me tips what i did wrond not if you thinmk i did it i dont give a [bleep] is you think i did

monkeys.jpeg

thanks everyone for the sigs!

I didn't say you did anything wrong, nor did I acuse you of anything, it just LOOKS traced. Thats the only way to describe the look. The lines are all crooked and junk like you held the pencil vertically and just made one line on everything.

Myweponsgood.gif

Look, there's nothing wrong with tracing something. You just gotta use it for learning, it can't be the final product. If you traced that, then you probably learnt a [cabbage]load of stuff about placement of features when looking at angle, but at the same time, you didn't draw it a 100%. Please understand that there's nothing wrong with that. When you use a mouse to paint something, you didn't paint it, but who cares, it's still good, isn't it?

And the reason it looks traced is because there are too few lines and the lines that are there are outlines, especially the lips. There is also evidence of sketching, the hair and so on, but I'm pretty sure it's a traced templace with a bit of thumb-shading and whatnot.

It is STILL very good.

Try drawing from scratch or from imagination next time. That'd be cool too.

wow.....beautiful. even though it's only a simple sketch, the picture really tells a story and i immediately drew a scene in (heh pun intended.......im hilarious) my head. great job. i'd love to see this finished.

Heh, thanks, glad you like it. As for finished product, I have no patience with that stuff. A sketch is a finished work in itself.

Who'm I kidding, I'm too lazy.

~witty

hatsmoothlightearm33tu.jpg

Just finished this one up that I started a while back. this is not a proper portrait as I didn't use reference for the face. I hope to do one still.

Here is one done from reference a long time ago...just touched up. One of my favorite pencil drawings.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3178397/

Crank out some good work folks just in case the competition with rsc happens!

turley, that is a great painting. Can you show us some progress shots?

Also...do you still have the layered version? Because I think it would be 100 times better if you changed those boots...they are killing the delicate feel.

Look, there's nothing wrong with tracing something. You just gotta use it for learning, it can't be the final product. If you traced that, then you probably learnt a cabbage of stuff about placement of features when looking at angle, but at the same time, you didn't draw it a 100%. Please understand that there's nothing wrong with that. When you use a mouse to paint something, you didn't paint it, but who cares, it's still good, isn't it?

And the reason it looks traced is because there are too few lines and the lines that are there are outlines, especially the lips. There is also evidence of sketching, the hair and so on, but I'm pretty sure it's a traced templace with a bit of thumb-shading and whatnot.

It is STILL very good.

Try drawing from scratch or from imagination next time. That'd be cool too.

Heh, thanks, glad you like it. As for finished product, I have no patience with that stuff. A sketch is a finished work in itself.

Who'm I kidding, I'm too lazy.

~witty

very true, and a good post, however it want traced at all...i had a reference for the hat thats all....... :D

monkeys.jpeg

thanks everyone for the sigs!

Again, can only draw portraits if the person is in front of me, and those I don't have any scanned, only one which was distorded on purpose to have a weird effect. Here's my entry for this category:

misterxmanavagreatv32ai.png

While I wouldn't use a PC program, specially Paint, for a portrait, this one was a request order. Had to remake everything from blank by looking at a huge pic. Didn't resize or trace.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

monalisa0ps.jpg

Not satisfied with this one, but meh.

Info at devart, C&C appreciated.

~witty

Nice man, that's some really cool (pencil?) shading, good variations of values with your hatching. Looking great so far, hope to see finished version. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art