Daily Sketch Thread-It is BACK!- topic: angels @@@@@@@@@

tttia

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all, but if you looked at the Moda Lisa side by side with this, you'd see it's very badly done. Yes, it is pencil, I just tinted it with my scanning program. No, there won't be a finished version, I'm too lazy. And also, the real Mona Lisa does have a stray line across her forehead, that I never really understood.

~witty

WOW Witty. You are very talented. The expression is nearly IDENTICLE to the real mona lisa. minus the stray line across the forhead which is really bugging me.....great job. ((i think im just OCD or something...no offence to those who are))

if you look at the mona lisa , which is not finished itself) it also has lines acrosse the forehead where lenoarde was going to finish the hair line but didnt get to it...

monkeys.jpeg

thanks everyone for the sigs!

I haven't been able to post much lately, being busy at work, and trying to do an art project that didn't work out. So I figured I

would put up some progress shots on this portrait which is my current project.

For now I am going for just the locations of the various parts, tones, etc. and overall shape before refining.

The hair is just a scribble to help frame the face.

port0hs.jpgport3progress8gb.jpg

port3res0lo.jpg(reference)portreference8ph.jpg

May I try this? I'm afriad it will take a few days for my scanner to work again, but maybe I could pixel some stuff? Also, I'm confused about the topic, are we doing really big stuff, or portaits?

Can do anything here, pixel is welcome.. And it doesn't have to be on what the topic is.. This isn't my topic but I guess that's probally close to what Tttia would say :P , i'm waiting for next update to do something, big things doesn't give me inspiration :) .

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

Lowgravity, that is about right :)

the topic list is at the first page. We are on really huge stuff...elephants, buildings, that sort of thing.

But I am still doing the topic before because it appealed to me more :)

we are not slave drivers here. We throw out ideas for people to try and they can do any they want, or any other for that matter.

Pixels, brushing, pencil on paper, anything is acceptable.

The idea is just to get more art on the boards :) and to help people learn.

Nice mammoth, interesting start for something surely pretty cool. :)

For this theme, click my sig for dragon drawings. :wink:

Well here's a pencil drawing of a dragon I made a while ago for GSW which I haven't posted:

dragon046se.png

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

It's been a while, but I finally have something new to post. This is my first attempt at a completely digital painting. Just got a Graphire tablet, so I am practicing. I did it in Corel Photo-Paint, with reference. (Actually, I referenced two different photos.)

moosepaintingrevisedresized1ru.jpg

• 4 months later...

A mellowed out, collasaly tall, punk rocker settles down and marries a nice country girl, who enjoys riding on his arm. Even as an aging man, he still reminices about the good ole days on tour...

punk7bm.png

Quick work slayer.

I re-opened this one

a. to give it legitimacy

b. to give examples of how it works :)

I find it gives it a better start that way.

And yes Venomai, hop on in