Daily Sketch Thread-It is BACK!- topic: angels @@@@@@@@@

tttia

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we stick random sketches in here among the daily works?

I've got one which looks er..... interesting :wink:

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104

Could the original pencil-only version be posted? I just really like RL pencil drawings more than PC art.

I'm guessing that's pretty close to the original, Prismamarkers are really good at getting very realistic details if you use them right...

yeah I have to find that link to that photo realistic color pencil guy. He had some limited tutorials, but some awesome work.

I don't know if she is going to post it or not, but the primary difference was that she had to go back in and put a few more white highlights. The only way to get them in pencil is of course to leave whithe space, which she did, but there were some others she wanted to enhance.

A couple of old mammal sketches I did a couple of years ago. I just found them :) I would like to paint the otter one if I can just fine the reference now! The shading was dark in the body, but don't remember the rest.

otter4in.jpg

wolfcub2yb.jpg

A bit of an experiment in using un-blurred pencil lines to enhance things....

It isn't anything before you ask, just a handy shape which happens to look as if it ought to be something

demonxxthumb2ws.jpg

demonxthumb9le.jpg

Oh and a banana.

bananathumb5uz.jpg

Sketched it, shaded it, ate it :wink:

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104

As cheesy as this sound is there any way to get bbetter at drawing art with pencil? :oops:

Practice. Draw your best however it is, then look for mistakes by comparing your drawing to the real object. Show people your work and see if they notice mistakes you didn't notice. Experiment different techniques and ways to fix or improve parts of your drawing, because the best ways are usually found through lots of trial and error. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

YUp! in fact...I used to have some drawing lessons on the old scape..i will see if I can dig them up or retype them. But the key is, as mrx said, do, redo, redo again.

The biggest thing you can do to improve drawing is to improve your OBSERVATION. Learn to see the details.

As cheesy as this sound is there any way to get bbetter at drawing art with pencil? :oops:

Practice. Draw your best however it is, then look for mistakes by comparing your drawing to the real object. Show people your work and see if they notice mistakes you didn't notice. Experiment different techniques and ways to fix or improve parts of your drawing, because the best ways are usually found through lots of trial and error. :)

Thanks man, i think ill get a sketch pad, and start drawing :oops: :P ive always wanted 2

Thanks man, i think ill get a sketch pad, and start drawing :oops: :P ive always wanted 2

Pencil on paper is the greatest thing, so simple and free. You can sketch freely and learn so much from simple these simple tools. In fact, I use a regular number 2 pencil for my pencil drawings or else I lose focus and my mind is clouded with what utencil I should use rather than what move I should do on the paper.

For the little things:

paint90ey.th.jpg

It's a small T-rex origami I made with paper, then used it as reference for drawing it in black and white pencil on a yellow background a while ago.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Pencil on paper is the greatest thing, so simple and free. You can sketch freely and learn so much from simple these simple tools. In fact, I use a regular number 2 pencil for my pencil drawings or else I lose focus and my mind is clouded with what utencil I should use rather than what move I should do on the paper.

For the little things:

paint90ey.th.jpg

It's a small T-rex origami I made with paper, then used it as reference for drawing it in black and white pencil on a yellow background a while ago.

:shock: :shock: :shock: you own my drawings :(

i love drawin on paper,i usually use a mech pencil for outlines and a lil set of pencils i have for shadin and stuff

infact for my art project this year we had to re-create a pic of our choice and shade it and stuff, and i drew ur dragon thing, wer the dragon is breathing fire on the little dude, that is one of my fav pics (hope u don't mind :? )

kc32dx4.gif

thanks to Etexbleu for the sig

I probably won't post the original pencil drawing. It's really quite similar to the finished version. The only differences really are in the depth of color and the enhanced highlights. I also softened the appearance of the fly's wings a little bit. I don't do a lot of digital art, so it's really a traditional piece that just looks a little bit bettter with a few small enhancements.

I am working on some more stuff, so I'll post something else soon, I hope. I don't have a lot of free time, so I can't always post a daily sketch.

For the little things:

paint90ey.th.jpg

we can post origami? thats an art i can do really well. i made a t-rex head but i couldn't get it folded over right. it was near perfect til i ruined it in the last step.

nice looking t-rex there. do you still have the folded one so we can see in comparison to the drawing.