"Rushing, pjing, and safing"

Andy

After just being "rushed" in the wild (for you not of a pking nature, rushing is when you run up and spec a person who's talking to a freind/not going to notice you), I thought about this, should I really be angry if someone tries to kill me, I was in the wilderness of my own accord, so should I be angry if this breaks the "rules of honour" of the wilderness? I got quite angry at him, so I pjed him, (attacking him in non mutli while he fights someone else, most times ruining the fight for the other person) and he had hit me pretty good, so I safed (Eating to full hp), I then ran, and I was called a pjing safer. My question is, where exactly did the "rules of honour" come from? Was some guy just walking around in the wilderness and thought, hey, people shouldn't be allowed to eat to full hp, because I won't get any rune armour.

Discuss

C1Geq.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In classic you couldn't run up to someone and spec them out.

You could not safe very well.

When RS2 came about, the wildy became over run with wannabes....so people started following rules of honour. Not every chose to follow them and now look at the wildy?

Well, as someone said, no matter what you would have been flamed. I say, play the game according to the rules set by Jagex, not according to some kids who try to bend rules to suit themselves.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Pjing, safing, rushing.. Bullphooey.

Pjing..what happened to that being "pile jumping? =\ .. Anyway, now you say its attacking him while he is fighting someone else..you can't even do that, unless i'm reading what your trying to say wrong.. (Non multi combat youd get the you cant do that, or someone else is fighting that?)

Safing, eating to full hp..seems like a smart move to me? Why would you run around in the wild with low hp?

Rushing, you just got sneak attacked. Try getting an anti-ninja device.

Making up stupid names for all these is ridiculous.

I do get mad if I'm in the wild for a clue, or trying to get to the mage bank or whatever I'm doing there (I don't pk). But I'm in the wild, i accept that, its a dangerous place.

:wall: I really hate all the stupid names pkers have for people that tele, pray, attack you when your not looking, eat, all that rubbish.

35b9enp.jpg

theres people who ask if they do and then the never follw there word...and then just attack you...now i just think thats plane dishonest...

In almost all video games there is some that is considered "cheap". It it something that is an easy way of doing something usually difficult. People usually like to avoid using cheap techniques because for one its more fun without them, and two because it is very frustrating.

When you far cast, pj, safe, etc. it makes the game much less enjoyableor the other person, and thats the reason we play the game in the first play, to have fun.

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

No matter what, if you do these things, you're some how breaking a rule in the Wilderness.

Eat food. ("safer noob!")

Pray. ("Pray noob!")

Run away. ("Fight me, noob!")

Have a good Defence level. ("Def noob!")

Pj. ("No fair, nub!")

Use Ancients. ("Noob, fight me close up!"/"Ancient nub!")

Win. ("U got lucky, noob!")

Lose. (Rofl, pwnt nub!")

Have a lower level than you're attacker. ("Lol, noob")

Have a higher level than you're attacker. (Lol, get a life, noob")

Bring less than 4 items with you. ("Lol, scared noob?")

Bring a friend. ("Scared nub!")

So, basically, the Rules of Honour are nothing more than a way to irritate you until you do something so they'll shut up, but when you do this you're left vulnerable. Its just something most PKers say because they're at a disadvantage.

Honor Rules...

Safing hurts you, Iv watched countless videos, and people WON because they didnt stop to eat and kept hitting, so, its your problem...

Pile Jumping - Stupid as hell, might work, but, you'll get frowned apon, and the person your pjing now has a full stock of food, pots, and even new weapons to own you...

Rushing - Works I guess.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

do what u want, who cares if some1 insults u in a game that is probably like 10 yrs old. Just ignore them. But like some1 said, tagging noobs and 1 itemers r annoying and stupid. THEY should get flamed to no end.

Ha. I laugh and spit upon these "rules of honor (that make lvl 1 wildy battles possible)". I really think that all these so-called rules take all the wildyness out of the wilderness.

Safing - does this really matter? Aren't your opponents supposed to try to stay alive and maybe even beat you? Are you insulting them for trying?!

Pjing - You're in the wilderness. You're attackable. You're being found with low hp, and you're vulnerable. Maybe you should stay away from places with high concentrations of people just waiting to kill somebody. Pfft @ Edgeville pking.

Rushing - You're standing in the wilderness. Do people really need anything else other than that to attack you?

Truthscape - qeltar's excellent insights into RuneScape and more

Cave Story - Best Free RPG ever

-Retired. Forever-

There are no rules of honor.

Conversation over.

1) PJing is ugly, and he rushed you, but 2 wrongs don't make a right

2) why did you have to be in the wilderness to talk to him. Private chat?

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

there are only rules of honor if someone is losing. if someone got killed because you didn't follow "the rules" they say you're a noob. if they win and didn't follow the rules, they don't care. the wilderness is all about advantage, if you don't have the advantage you try to get someone to follow the "rules", if you do have the advantage you forget all about the rules. basically, in my opinion, since it's a video game anything that isn't prohibited by the makers of the game is legal.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

There are no Rules of Honor in the wilderness. There are just things you can do and things you can't do.

- You can teleport

- You can TB

- You can run

- You can safe

And many other things I can't remember atm. :-k

Rushing is legitimate. You're in the wild, you can get killed at any moment. If you get killed without a fight it's your fault for being unobservant. You didn't PJ him; PJ'ing is pile-jumping, not player-jumping. If he just got a kill and you attacked him, you'd be PJ'ing him. You tagged him. There is nothing wrong with safing - it just ensures that you won't get a kill and neither will your opponent, so it ultimately wastes both of your supplies.

The honor codes were originally created to make PK'ing more fun and enjoyable (e.g., no praying 1v1). However, the untalented PK'ers have started making up new terms such as "rushing" and "farcasting" so that instead of adapting to their conditions, they can blame their death on their opponent being "dishonorable."

77yLQy8.png

the wilderness is just that - a wilderness.

just because some guy complained that he couldn't kill someone because they were more clever than him doesn't mean everyone needs to follow this "code of honor." if you are stronger or can click those monkfish faster than you deserve to win. simple as that.

16574381pm8.png

Well, as someone said, no matter what you would have been flamed. I say, play the game according to the rules set by Jagex, not according to some kids who try to bend rules to suit themselves.

Agreed.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png