Favorite game series?

goldphishies

Title says it all.

I'll name two of mine:

The first 3 Jak and Daxters, only ones made by NaughtyDog.

And the Doom series.

So, what are yours?

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Weeeeelllllllll...

I love the Zelda series, and of course, the Kingdom Hearts series. Those are my two favorites...'Nuff said. :-w

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Technically this could be a part of the "best game ever thread", but whatever.

I would say halo, but it isn't complete yet (halo 3).

I think the series that showed the most improvement would be Burnout. From Burnout 1 to Burnout Revenge, they never failed to disappoint, always evolving the gameplay.

Then it would be Metroid and Zelda. Honestly, the Zelda series is undoubtedly the greatest, or at least one of the greatest game series of all time. But i like sci-fi better, so i would tie it with Metroid.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Baldur's Gate, of course only counting the 2 good ones with expansion.

Baldur's Gate 1, with Tales of the Sword Coast

Baldur's Gate 2, with Throne of Bhaal

The Mario games, especially SMB3 and Super Mario World, hopefully Galaxy will bring it back to some semblance of former glory, but I doubt it.

The only series I've seen done nothing I didn't like...Konami's Football games. I didn't play the NES game, but normally that's not a part of the series. International Superstar Soccer and ISS Deluxe for the SNES, ISS 64, '98 and '00 for the N64 and the Pro Evo Series for the PC (and some crappy consoles). Each one was the best Football game made when I first played them.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

The Mario games, especially SMB3 and Super Mario World, hopefully Galaxy will bring it back to some semblance of former glory, but I doubt it.

The only series I've seen done nothing I didn't like...Konami's Football games. I didn't play the NES game, but normally that's not a part of the series. International Superstar Soccer and ISS Deluxe for the SNES, ISS 64, '98 and '00 for the N64 and the Pro Evo Series for the PC (and some crappy consoles). Each one was the best Football game made when I first played them.

I'll have to agree with the Baldurs gate series as well. Too bad it was so short lived. :(

Half life series, with sonic closely following.

Half-life, i would agree. But Sonic? You must mean the earlier games and not the more recent ones (so half the series).

Half-life, i would agree. But Sonic? You must mean the earlier games and not the more recent ones (so half the series).

Well, the sonics up to sonic adventure 2 to be exact.

Well, the sonics up to sonic adventure 2 to be exact.

I can agree with that ::'

I'll have to agree with the Baldurs gate series as well. Too bad it was so short lived. :(

Yea, I didn't really try the Baldur's Gate on any console, but all I've ever heard was that they were crap, and I didn't want to ruin my good old memories.

Also, just as a little side-thing, if you ever dreamt about taking your Sorcerer, Wild Mage or Berzerker through Durlag's Keep or to beat Davaeorn and flood the Cloakwood mines, it is now possible, with EasyTuTu.

Just something I missed for years, but now means I've dusted of the old CDs and am now heading straight for Sarevok with Korla the Mighty, a Neutral Evil Kensai and his band of fellow evil-doers. He will later meet Irenicus in BG2.

Anyway, it's a port of BG1 to BG2, and BG fans should check it out, makes BG1 sooo much more user-friendly IMO.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Pokemon and Mario Party :D

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

There's nothing wrong with a series that doesn't run all the way up to a seventh installment, as games tend to these days. =)

There's nothing wrong with a series that doesn't run all the way up to a seventh installment, as games tend to these days. =)

True. The good thing is the series ended in a very satisfying way.

GTA has always been my favourite series... each game was awesome for its time.

The Guild Wars series was excellent as well with Factions and Nightsfall

Yeh they were good now there is a new guild wars coming out - Eye of the North

SIGYTTT.jpg

Someone I know of had a dolphin tattooed on her chest. She got fat and the dolphin turned into a whale...