Read - Proposed Board Changes for the Clan Category

the_tallest1

I'm sure a lot of people cringe when they see topics like this, but I promise you we don't make them to annoy everyone. A lot of discussion has gone into these proposed changes, and many people have voiced their opinions on the extent and direction of the alterations, so don't think these are random and not well thought out.

The changes affect mainly the Clan Recruitment board and also include the (re)addition of a War/Run-in board. Here's a short outline of how it would be.

• CTET Board

Clan Recruitment: Clan Recruiting Sub, Looking for a Clan sub

Clan Discussion: Clan Archives Sub

War/Run-In Board

The clan recruitment board would be reduced to two sub-sections: one for recruiting members and one for people looking for clans, regardless of the type of group/community people are recruiting for.

The War/Run-In Board existed previously but was removed when the several other boards were removed. In an effort to correct that mistake, several people have brought up having it recreated.

The point of these, like any changes, is to increase the usability of the boards and also to provide things based on need. This is part of a process to revitalize the clan boards here and is not meant to be a change unto itself. I'm sure there are concerns and comments about the changes proposed here, so please voice them. Just remember, no change for growth is a perfect fit from beginning to end. If something changes over time, we can augment the proposed setup to accommodate it.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Changing this topic from an announcement to a regular post just so it's not hidden amongst the others.

No one is required to post here regarding the proposed changes but please remember that silence indicates consent.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

As generally I'll be one of the few who doesn't agree. :P

If the idea is to get tip.it clans section more active, forget it by changing the content. You got to change the staff. Attract people from big clans. The-clan has 168 members, DI about 100 and Gladz, TRWF etc. have also over 100. If you could get about 10% of the people to here, you'd have already about 60-70 more active people. Mission impossible? No. Just CONVINCE the people that tip it is worth it. With what I see now, I'm not convinced. The staff works hard etc. bla bla but I never see something innovating. Ofcourse giving critisism is easy, if you don't give solutions. Therefore I'll give you some:

- the clan board as it is now is quite Ok, although I keep not liking the CTET idea. I'd get rid of it.

- the only big clan (or let us say, known clan) who posts here now and then is TF. Contact Josh1391 and ask him if he couldn't arrange it that THE posts their events here too.

- about other big clans, in the Dutchs Angels subforum I seem to remember there are a few TRWF-ers, search them or contact the leaders of TRWF to post their events here too.

- Contacting clans is a good start, but one thing I don't understand is that there are no risks taken. What is a hot topic in clan worlds these days? That's right, honour and no honour. Couldn't you do something with that? Organise something or make topics where people can vent their opinion and say what they want. Moderate it smoothly and people might say: hey! tip it is not as severe as I thought!

- Why is RSCommunity so popular? Don't ask me, I find some of their moderators seriously stupid. Don't copy RSC, that won't work. But do something people will remember tip it! I bet I could get about 300-500 members within the month. Not with serious discussions about things, but what is the only thing people would be interested in? That's right. Money. Organise tip it competitions. Make HUGE price pots (millions of cash, atleast 25-50), give great rewards but make the job easy. For example, a signature competition. Reward? 30 million gold coins. Whose gonna pay that? Well, the top 3 of the sig competition will add the name of the so called sponsors (the people who decide to pay 30 mil) to the sig and they can use it. Make it popular!

- Clans? Organise a big clan fight. Although you can only do this if big clans are interested. The winner gets an advert place on the forums to recruite until the next competition...

I could think of a lot of more things to get it active here. It's not that hard, it just involves risks.

signature4s.jpg

- Clans? Organise a big clan fight. Although you can only do this if big clans are interested. The winner gets an advert place on the forums to recruite until the next competition...

That's what the CTET was meant to organise: big events for big Clans. But they're lost at the moment.

You've got some good ideas. You should re-think being included into the forum that I PMed to you.

Offline and unavailable.

- the clan board as it is now is quite Ok, although I keep not liking the CTET idea. I'd get rid of it.

As Loge_05 started, CTET is pretty much closed right now. CTET has a lot of improvements to make with all the feedback they've received.

The advertisement place on the Recruitment board is already here. In fact, it's been here for quite a while. It's just that not many people bother to scroll down & see what's new.

- Why is RSCommunity so popular? Don't ask me, I find some of their moderators seriously stupid. Don't copy RSC, that won't work. But do something people will remember tip it! I bet I could get about 300-500 members within the month. Not with serious discussions about things, but what is the only thing people would be interested in? That's right. Money. Organise tip it competitions. Make HUGE price pots (millions of cash, atleast 25-50), give great rewards but make the job easy. For example, a signature competition. Reward? 30 million gold coins. Whose gonna pay that? Well, the top 3 of the sig competition will add the name of the so called sponsors (the people who decide to pay 30 mil) to the sig and they can use it. Make it popular!
Would the prize money be given to only one member, two members, three members, the entire clan? Or would competitions be for all clans but only a few winners are selected. I personally don't like the idea of prize money unless it's only for one or two players. It's obviously not a good idea for an entire clan to share.

The publicity of a clan is probably a much better prize. Instead of just having a winning thread on a board, it could be showcased on the homepage, etc.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Gamerr, I agree with most of what you said, but unless I missed something you didn't actually list reasons for disagreeing with the forum changes.

As Tallest said, this is only a small piece of a larger process for revitalization in Tip.it. After too much debate, I think the CIC is moving in the right direction, and the forum structure update is only the tip of the iceberg.

Igna.gif

on behalf of corruption clan, i would like to suggest a few ideas.

first off, a little about myself. my name is gkitti and i have been playing rs for about 5 years. about a year and a half after discovering runescape, i joined anarchy, my fist clan. i was promoted to high council after a short time there then to head council/ co-leader soon after. i remained a head council member for approximately three years. during that time i spent most of my time on admin duties, application management and clan and public relations. i was very involved with most of the top clans. then i went inactive for about 7 months. upon returning to activity, i rethought my goals and what i wanted in a clan and i parted ways with anarchy.

i then joined corruption, which at the time was ranked number 5 on rsc forums. due to rl issues (moving house and changing jobs) i had to go inactive a few months after joining cor. since then, i have become active more than ever and i now continue to offer my advice and help to corruption.

myself and others have recently been advocating a change of public forums for cor. rsc has become over run with biased moderators due to a conflict of interest between us and divine forces. we are both ranked the two top clans and most of the clan discussion and senior mods on rsc are in divine forces. every time cor has a victory or a loss, the topic turns into over 20 pages of flaming and insults from df and df supporters.

therefore, you will be seeing more topics concerning corruption on tipit forums and i will be pushing even more for corrutpion members and others to start using these forums.

that said, i would like to offer some suggestions to make these forums a little more welcoming:

1. first off, allow the use of signatures. a top clan's greates pride is in creating/showing off signatures that promote their clan.

2. admins should set the forum to allow people to see who is viewing the forums. it promotes more activity when people see 20+ people viewing or replying to a topic.

3. never let more than a few clan discussion mods to be from the same clan. mods are only human and will become biased and cause ill will within other clans.

tallest, your original suggestions are fine and adding those changes will be beneficial imo. if i think of anything else, i will definately let you guys know.[/i]

get corrupted

Thank you for your suggestions Gkitti.

now I would like to comment on some of your suggestions if I may. Please keep in Mind that I do not have the same powers as the Admins and can't make changes without their support.

First off: TipIt does allow the use of Signatures, they may be abit Limited by your Standards however other Clans have been able to use them.

Secondly you can see who is veiwing the Forums and the Forum Index. I belive you ment topics in place of fourms.

as for Mods: We have a very strict policy about being Biased. for Instance if some one did something that offended my Order (Clan as people call us) I would have to ask anouther mod to deal with it and not do anything myself save in the interest of protecting the general Public from a Vulger Post. Although I can understand where your comeing from.

Thank you for your Recomendations, Although to some extent we do follow them already.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Thank you for your suggestions Gkitti.

now I would like to comment on some of your suggestions if I may. Please keep in Mind that I do not have the same powers as the Admins and can't make changes without their support.

First off: TipIt does allow the use of Signatures, they may be abit Limited by your Standards however other Clans have been able to use them.

Secondly you can see who is veiwing the Forums and the Forum Index. I belive you ment topics in place of fourms.

as for Mods: We have a very strict policy about being Biased. for Instance if some one did something that offended my Order (Clan as people call us) I would have to ask anouther mod to deal with it and not do anything myself save in the interest of protecting the general Public from a Vulger Post. Although I can understand where your comeing from.

Thank you for your Recomendations, Although to some extent we do follow them already.

yes, now i see some signatures. however, i added a text sig and it doesnt seem to be appearing. also, slighty larger sigs could be allowed in the future.

and yes, i meant the topics insteads of forums when referring to seeing users. this is just a personal preference for me.

and as far as biased mods, i have done some research and posted an unofficial ad on cor and several other clan forums as follows:

tip.it. the original rs fan site, is looking for more traffic from top rsc clans to enhance their clan discussion forums.

http://forum.tip.it/viewforum.php?f=39

tired of biased df mods and df [wagon] kissers on rsc? i know i am. corruption has had two major victories in the last few days over two excellent clans, DI and Gladz, as well as a fun event at castle wars including rsd and a few others. cor leaders decided against posting on rsc for fear of ridicule by biased parties on rsc forums. this is utterly ridiculous. when clans begin to feel that they have to hide their accomplishments or losses rather than see 20+ pages of negativity towards their clan while moderators sit by and do nothing to stop it or even go so far as to join in, then it is time to make a change. let the nazi's have rsc.

tip.it is not a fly by night community forum. it has been around longer than rsc and i remember the days when tip.it was used just as much, if not more for clan discussion than rsc. tip.it is also in the process of making positive changes to their clan discussion forum and they would truly like to see more of the top clans making use of what they have to offer and they would like more feedback from the veterans of rsc.

so i encourage everyone to register and start being proud of your clan again. post you events, wins and losses with pride again. offer your advice to tipit staff and users and get back to the basics of attracting new recruits with fresh attitudes! i look forward to seeing everyone there.

gkitti~proudly corrupted

i got a few positive responses, but i also got several negative ones such as the pop ups on tip it and the lack of skins and the biggest complaint was that tip.it used to have majorly biased mods when it was more widely used and that at one point in the past all major clan leaders were banned.

if i may make another suggestion?

have clan discussion mods collaborate a welcome topic to post on other clan forums. address the issues from the past and assure people that things have changed and tipit is willing to welcome the top clans back and be more open to suggestions and changes.

i will also continue to work on getting invites out. i have already posted on gladz and vr forums and will hit some more this weekend. if u guys can offer me any more suggestions please feel free to contact me:

[email protected]

get corrupted

As leader of Corruption, I will definitely be encouraging my members to post on tip.it boards a lot more. With 150 members and another 30 or so FA's - hopefully we can be on of those 'larger clans' to help revive these forums to their former glory.

You will be seeing a lot more of topics about our PK trips/miniwars - I think that providing a separate forum for these events is a great idea and will only help in promoting wider use of the clan boards here.

My only fear is that in us posting here, we will attract a contingent of DF (rival clan) who will not take these boards seriously and more than a few arguments take place. I am unsure if the mods have experienced anything as fierce as a DF/CoR flame war, and do not want this to break out.

As gkitti said, we are tired of the bias moderators as well as the select few clans that govern RScommunity. Looking forward to being apart of the changes here :thumbsup:

Leader of Corruption

http://www.rscorr.com/forum/

I feel these changes will help Tip.It forum's Clan area.

Sub-boards are inactive compared to basic boards. Therefore there will be more activity if there are less sub-boards. To see what I mean, look for the various sub-boards located across Tip.it forums. You'll see a major difference in activity. The only exception to that would be the "Looking for a Clan" sub-board.

This "Looking for a Clan" sub-board will make it easier to view the people who are looking for a clan instead of looking through the horde of Clan Recruitment Topics. This may also improve the number of people who use the Clan Recruitment section to look for a clan because people's topics won't be bumped out by clan's individual recruitment topics.

j0xPu5R.png

have clan discussion mods collaborate a welcome topic to post on other clan forums. address the issues from the past and assure people that things have changed and tipit is willing to welcome the top clans back and be more open to suggestions and changes.

If you still need someone to help with that welcome topic, then drop me a PM.

Offline and unavailable.

Whoever thought of this new layout sure did a good job.

Roffle.

I'm laughing tons along with you :lol:

tip.it. the original rs fan site, is looking for more traffic from top rsc clans to enhance their clan discussion forums.

http://forum.tip.it/viewforum.php?f=39

tired of biased df mods and df [wagon] kissers on rsc? i know i am. corruption has had two major victories in the last few days over two excellent clans, DI and Gladz, as well as a fun event at castle wars including rsd and a few others. cor leaders decided against posting on rsc for fear of ridicule by biased parties on rsc forums. this is utterly ridiculous. when clans begin to feel that they have to hide their accomplishments or losses rather than see 20+ pages of negativity towards their clan while moderators sit by and do nothing to stop it or even go so far as to join in, then it is time to make a change. let the nazi's have rsc.

tip.it is not a fly by night community forum. it has been around longer than rsc and i remember the days when tip.it was used just as much, if not more for clan discussion than rsc. tip.it is also in the process of making positive changes to their clan discussion forum and they would truly like to see more of the top clans making use of what they have to offer and they would like more feedback from the veterans of rsc.

so i encourage everyone to register and start being proud of your clan again. post you events, wins and losses with pride again. offer your advice to tipit staff and users and get back to the basics of attracting new recruits with fresh attitudes! i look forward to seeing everyone there.

gkitti~proudly corrupted

That's a great ad in my opinion. You've definitely done some nice work.
As leader of Corruption, I will definitely be encouraging my members to post on tip.it boards a lot more. With 150 members and another 30 or so FA's - hopefully we can be on of those 'larger clans' to help revive these forums to their former glory.
We appreciate it. Of course Corr is one of the larger clans; I don't know anyone who could possibly disagree.
My only fear is that in us posting here' date=' we will attract a contingent of DF (rival clan) who will not take these boards seriously and more than a few arguments take place. I am unsure if the mods have experienced anything as fierce as a DF/CoR flame war, and do not want this to break out.

As gkitti said, we are tired of the bias moderators as well as the select few clans that govern RScommunity. Looking forward to being apart of the changes here :thumbsup:[/quote']A little flaming is all right, but the posts that are too extreme will disappear magically. It will keep most situations under control.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

thank you dbz. i have also taken to posting on other clan forums whenever cor has a fight with another clan and encouraging them to check out the results here. i have just posted on trwf forums and i also see that VR has posted a victory topic here also.

and our concerns over attracting enemy clans here are more complicated than you can imagine. we have no doubt in the mods abilities here, but things tend to get a little hectic when you have top clans with an intense rivalry who arent seeing eye to eye on wins and losses. certain clans on rsc are aware of cors boycott of rsc and our intent to move to tipit, and we are concerned it might cause some problems coming this way.

we are making this switch in hopes to create a more mature and friendly envirnment here even with our enemies, and we want mods here to be aware that we will work in conjunction with tipit staff to ensure that it stays that way.

get corrupted

I understand how crazy things can be when rivalries heat up, I remember quite a few crazy Wanderer/BDK threads from way back in the stone ages :P

I look forward to corr and all clans coming here, and look forward to working with you and others to give the game a clan forum area that you and all clan leaders can enjoy and benefit from using.

I am thrilled to read your posts and I look forward to working with you, If you like, PM me for my messenger.

Thank you for your suggestions as well, They will not fall upon deaf ears.

~DaS

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Oh, and one thing I'd just like to add, to the clans that frequently do use these boards.

Please don't view us (Corruption) as people who are simply coming here to take over or something. We're just here to enjoy the community, as everyone else is. There's no reason to feel intimidated or anything, since we're here to help build (or rebuild in this case) a once great clans forum.

Hopefully by supporting your board we will be able to attract some more of the larger clans of Runescape, and bring this community back to what it used to be.

Like I said in a different topic before, don't be afraid to go to larger clans boards and ask them to use Tip.It, it can't do any harm.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

well I do have a suggestion..

But it's a rather big one, something which would certainly attract many clans, but would require lots and lots of work - I don't even expect it to be here :P.

anybody plays UTassault? - well something like done at their site: http://utassault.net/leagues/index.php?leagueid=1 would be cool to have.

If tipit would create such a tournament (it doen't even have to have a rating/ranking function and stuff like that) and would allow the the results to be at a sub page from the homepage instead of somewhere burrowed in the forums, it would attract many clans!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

the thing with rankings is that ranks generally cause most of the tension and rivalries on a community clan forum. rsc had a rankings list and it was the major cause of much of the flaming and arguing there.

get corrupted

Well, I've noticed that one of the draws towards activity on RSC, is the rank of "CL" or "Community Leader." You probably know what that is, but for those who do not, it's a regular member of the community that has the ability to moderate a certain group of forums. It can be compared with the "Assistant Forum Moderator" at RuneVillage. It's basically the step before becoming a moderator. The chance that, by good posting, a person may be considered for modship goes a long way. It promotes activity, thoughtful posts and some healthy discussion.

I'm fairly sure that Tip It wouldn't do that, so that's one thing that RSC will have over Tip It. The easy step up for ranks.

Oh yeah, I'm an ex-CL on RSC and I don't really play that much. I just want to get the community back to where, like Gkitti said, people can post a topic and not have it locked 5 minutes later. I'm not expecting to be active here, so yeah.

RuneVillage to the core (H)

Well, I've noticed that one of the draws towards activity on RSC, is the rank of "CL" or "Community Leader." You probably know what that is, but for those who do not, it's a regular member of the community that has the ability to moderate a certain group of forums. It can be compared with the "Assistant Forum Moderator" at RuneVillage. It's basically the step before becoming a moderator. The chance that, by good posting, a person may be considered for modship goes a long way. It promotes activity, thoughtful posts and some healthy discussion.

I'm fairly sure that Tip It wouldn't do that, so that's one thing that RSC will have over Tip It. The easy step up for ranks.

Oh yeah, I'm an ex-CL on RSC and I don't really play that much. I just want to get the community back to where, like Gkitti said, people can post a topic and not have it locked 5 minutes later. I'm not expecting to be active here, so yeah.

RuneVillage to the core (H)

why am I not surprised you use Runevillage, the board for true newbs, just like you <3:<3:

I dont know if you would really want people sucking up to be CL's though, it's real annoying on RSC, im sure it'd be bad here too.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

I agree whole heaterdly in what my fellow clan mates said, especially in reference to Gkitti. I think it would seriously help improve Tip.it and I can see myself posting here more in the future.

115+

Corruption Clan Member

100% F2p

If you're going to try to increase clan activity on tip.it, you might need to add a sticky for a clan directory to prevent a ton of topics asking for links to certain clan forums and other information.