Is Jagex supporting auto buyers?!

swordb88

There are a few reasons i am led to belive this.

1) The door is stuck!

When ever you lure a monster into the shops to kill auto buyers you close the door. They open it. You strugglew to keep it closed. THE DOOR IS STUCK!? After multiple openings and closing you cant close the door anymore. THEY DID THIS TO STOP DOOR SPAMMERS? WTF I NEVER KNEW THIS WAS A BIGGER PROBLEM THEN AUTOERS :shame:

2) Why wont they kill them!?

Now it seems the monsters cant attack them while the trading windows open. Why would autoers close this window!? lAST TIME I CHECKED AUTOERS DONT BUY STUFF TO LOOK AROUND.

3) They dont premote anti autoer days.

Jagex even said on the forms they dont want parties of people going to popular autoer spots. They said they dont want innocent skillers reported, BUT THEY HAVE AN ELITE TEAM TO REVIEW IF YOUR AUTOING...HMMM....NOT TO SMART EH?

if you read this whole thing plz comment...and for flamers and spammers take it somewhere else

READ THE WHOLE THING BEFORE YOU COMMENT. I AM REPORTING ALL FLAMING AND SPAMMING :D

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

the door gets stuck so idiots cant keep closing it on people that try to get out of the bank..

innocent people trading shouldn't be interrupted by an autoer when in the trade screen.

People don't go to auto spots because then you could get confused with an autoer.

their review team is for bots.. not innocent people, why have a huge group of people go to a spot if its an "autoer" spot?

You, my friend, are hmm.. oblivious to actual reasoning. :uhh:

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

well...the things is some autoers level there combat up a bit but so people kill the mugger and since you said they aren't trying to promote anti gold buying you certainly haven't been read BHS :shame:

also, if they wanted "autoers" they'd immediately kill all the rules, kill random events, and take away mods.

The point of the fact of the matter is, they are trying to stop them.

It's really quite simple

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

also, if they wanted "autoers" they'd immediately kill all the rules, kill random events, and take away mods.

The point of the fact of the matter is, they are trying to stop them.

It's really quite simple

basically yea they took out the axe head because the autoers had spares with them...and to me the exams are better to trap autoers because if they go through the wornge door there some where else

Jagex wants to deter macroing activity as much as possible without overly interfering with activities of normal, everyday Runescape players. If you even think about this for a second, you'll realize it's a hard thing to do. For example, how can Jagex determine whether one's using a macro program, or a level 3 skiller training a specific target skill? Going around and banning everyone with Chinese names? I think that already has a name, and it's called stereotyping.

Now you get what I mean.

1. The "stuck door" update prevents door spamming. Have you heard of stories where someone is attacked by a random event (Evil Chicken anyone?) or is poisoned and had the chance to escape, only to be killed when he couldn't get out of a door because other people were there constantly closing it?

It doesn't even pertain to autoers at all.

2. Why would autoers trade? Trading implies human interaction, all autoers do is train their skills. This update was implemented because an interrupted trade due to NPC attacks is just annoying. Trust me, this helps normal players by far.

3. Anti-autoer days do nothing but promote a mob vigilante-style of policing. Think about it: Jagex supporting a whole bunch of people going around reporting level 3s and level 4s? Not only is this irresponsible, the sentiment of the mob can easily be directed to someone innocent. They have people reviewing if you are autoing because they don't want to make the mistake of banning innocent people.

off topic warrior....bye bye to post

It wasnt off topic it was on the topic of the door spamming that you metnioned.

If you dig a little deepre alot of thier updates do make a big difference to autoers. But jagex do have to keep a balance between destroying macros and harming regular playing. I don't think any of us would play if every 5 seconds we got a message asking if we were macro's or not and HAD to answer it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Jagex could take a big bite out of autobuyers simply by limiting how much you can buy from a store in any 24 hour period.

It's clearly not a priority for them.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

That would also hurt all of the mages who were trying to buy thousands of runes. Also, to the topic poster, you are acting extremely childish, I'm surprised you HAVEN'T been "flamed." People on the internet think up such interesting words...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

off topic warrior....bye bye to post

You know, the rule called "Misuse of customer support" in Runescape? It's the exact thing you're doing...

Jagex promoting autoers...

Andrew: Hey, Paul, what do you want to do today!?

Paul: Let's lose money!

Really, there would be no need for Jagex to promote auto-buying.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Actually somebody does pay for the autoers' accounts, so Jagex is actually making money off of them, but they are doing there best to kill them off which actually loses them money. I bet that the mass bannings are always at the beginning of the month, though :)

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Jagex could take a big bite out of autobuyers simply by limiting how much you can buy from a store in any 24 hour period.

It's clearly not a priority for them.

~q

In addition to wineo's comment I would like to point out the fact that most autoers have multiple autoing accounts, even if they introduced a limet it wouldn't hurt the autoers. But it would be devistating to everyone else. Honest mages wouldn't be able to buy as many runes as they needed, as a result demand would rise and prices on runes would skyrocket.

Once an opinion is formed the truth is irelivant.

watergodff0.jpg

All they have to do to stop 90% of these autoers is run a simple script on their character database that flags all the people that have lvl 90+ in woodcutting, fishing, mining and 10k + green hides or dragon bones. Now before you get your underware in a twist read this next secentance. Then they have to put the warden (their bot tracking software) to watch thoes accounts so only the cheaters are caught. Then ban them. Problem solved.

A moron like me could write that script with a pearl or sqlserver 2k textbook. Its not rocket science.

Fools_Taco.png

Here's a very general idea as to why we still have autoer/macroer problems:

1. People buy gp from illegal real-world trading gold-farmer websites with real money.

2. People use their illegally optained gp to buy raw materials from autoer/macroer ringleaders, which the gp goes back to the gold-farmers.

3. Raw materials are made into various end products.

4. End products are usually High Alched back into gp.

5. Steps #1 and/or #2 happen again, thus perpetuating the problem.

Now, the real money that the ringleaders receive through their illegal real-world trading websites are used to pay the people running the autoers/macroers and to also pay for whatever maintence fees to keep their operation running. The gp that people use at #2 ironically goes back to the same people that are destroying the spirit of the game.

The only way to "save" the game is not Jagex coming up with a better mouse trap, but instead people must stop buying gp from gold-farmers. Once people realize this, the autoers will have no reason to continue.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

omfg omfg omfg *spams* omfg omfg u dum *flames*

Nah, JK, yea, I got pretty angry when I coudln't door spam the autoers... Does this also mean we can't kill autoer's anymore?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

All they have to do to stop 90% of these autoers is run a simple script on their character database that flags all the people that have lvl 90+ in woodcutting, fishing, mining and 10k + green hides or dragon bones. Now before you get your underware in a twist read this next secentance. Then they have to put the warden (their bot tracking software) to watch thoes accounts so only the cheaters are caught. Then ban them. Problem solved.

A moron like me could write that script with a pearl or sqlserver 2k textbook. Its not rocket science.

Unfortunately, the problem doesn't seem to be as clear cut as you stated or else TB@JT would have done that by now, if not much much earlier like back in RSC. Your suggestion would inadvertently ban a lot of innocent and honest skillers that may happen to have trained only those resource gathering skills and may have also spent all their money buying green dragon hides and dragon bones to train their crafting and prayer.

Indeed it isn't rocket science, but rocket science is another ball of proverbial wax.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

1. I believe the door was there to stop people from closing the door on you like a bunch of jerks. And besides, are you relly going to stand there all day closing the door on an autoer when they can just as easily open it right back?

2. I don't understand what you're trying to say here :/.

3. They are telling level 3 skillers to not go near autoing spots so that they don't get banned accidentally when Jagex goes around banning autoers.

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

Now before you get your underware in a twist read this next secentance. Then they have to put the warden (their bot tracking software) to watch thoes accounts so only the cheaters are caught. Then ban them. Problem solved.

Unfortunately, the problem doesn't seem to be as clear cut as you stated or else TB@JT would have done that by now, if not much much earlier like back in RSC. Your suggestion would inadvertently ban a lot of innocent and honest skillers that may happen to have trained only those resource gathering skills and may have also spent all their money buying green dragon hides and dragon bones to train their crafting and prayer.

Indeed it isn't rocket science, but rocket science is another ball of proverbial wax.

Did you even read what i wrote? They have software that can detect who cheaters are smart guy.

Fools_Taco.png

Now before you get your underware in a twist read this next secentance. Then they have to put the warden (their bot tracking software) to watch thoes accounts so only the cheaters are caught. Then ban them. Problem solved.

Did you even read what i wrote? They have software that can detect who cheaters are smart guy.

Fools_Taco.png

Jagex wants to deter macroing activity as much as possible without overly interfering with activities of normal, everyday Runescape players. If you even think about this for a second, you'll realize it's a hard thing to do. For example, how can Jagex determine whether one's using a macro program, or a level 3 skiller training a specific target skill? Going around and banning everyone with Chinese names? I think that already has a name, and it's called stereotyping.

Now you get what I mean.

1. The "stuck door" update prevents door spamming. Have you heard of stories where someone is attacked by a random event (Evil Chicken anyone?) or is poisoned and had the chance to escape, only to be killed when he couldn't get out of a door because other people were there constantly closing it?

It doesn't even pertain to autoers at all.

2. Why would autoers trade? Trading implies human interaction, all autoers do is train their skills. This update was implemented because an interrupted trade due to NPC attacks is just annoying. Trust me, this helps normal players by far.

3. Anti-autoer days do nothing but promote a mob vigilante-style of policing. Think about it: Jagex supporting a whole bunch of people going around reporting level 3s and level 4s? Not only is this irresponsible, the sentiment of the mob can easily be directed to someone innocent. They have people reviewing if you are autoing because they don't want to make the mistake of banning innocent people.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream