New Seers - Coincidence or Laziness ?

Whilst browsing RSOF i saw this post, it has made me realise are jagex being lazy?

Read and discuss please?

NOTICE - This thread was originally my ranting about the new look of Seers Village.

The New Seers.

There is now exactly one difference between Seers Village and Varrock.

What is it, you ask?

THE WINDOWS!!!

I think you'll agree that Varrock, the busiest city in Free-to-Play, and Seers Village, the busiest Members town, should have more differences than the Windows!

Now I'm not a graphical designer, and I sure don't claim to be, but this update looks like it was plastered on at the last minute. And even if it wasn't, it says a lot that it looks that way.

When they used the exact same graphic for Falador as for the Wilderness buildings I was okay with it. Why? They changed the color! It at least shows some degree of effort.

But now...

It's a disgrace, really. I typically ADORE graphic updates. Rimmington, Varrock, Falador, Port Sarim - I think they're beautiful now!

But Seers Village doesn't look like anything at all. Here Jagex had a chance to show their true creativity, like with the Lunar Isle, TzHaar, Falador...but instead they copy/pasted a few graphics and said "Meh. Good enough."

Wouldn't it be neat to have nonsensical writings scribbled all over the city by eccentric Seers, with a few funny NPCs trying to clean them off? And perhaps a few of these writings could be examined to hint at future updates?

Why not give Seers original architecture? I mean HONESTLY! Why not just pile the whole game into Varrock if you're going to make everything look the same...

Again, I typically LOVE graphic updates but this is just ridiculous. Seers is NOT Varrock. Don't make it look like it is.

And that's all I have to say. Thanks for reading

~orb

What do you guys think of the seers update?

I though it was good, but now i see its like varrock? Confidence or lazyness ? discuss

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

The windows are the same!?!?!?!!?!? That's a total outrage, i think i'm gonna go down to the offices and give them a piece of my mind. It's the end of the world!!!!!! -End sarcasm-

No no see, the windos are the only thing different.

LAZY SUNUMA*********!!!!

Whould any other iummature kid say. I say

YOU ****** HOW COULD YOU *********** DO THAT YOU ********

Joke.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I do agree it doesn't have too much creativity to it, but at least it looks better then before. This is one fight that is not really worth fighting for. :P

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

The windows are the same!?!?!?!!?!? That's a total outrage, i think i'm gonna go down to the offices and give them a piece of my mind. It's the end of the world!!!!!! -End sarcasm-

LAZY SUNUMA*********!!!!

Joke.

Listen, if you have nothing constructive to contribute to this THEN GET THE HELL OFF MY THREAD!

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

I personally think that Jagex saw how much people loved the Varrock update and the graphical designs and wanted to implement those designs somewhere else. Maybe they were being lazy but maybe they were just trying to please us.

I like the way seers looks now and it makes using high detail a lot more worth while. I am happy with the way Seers looks right now but then again, each to their own.

Ok I' ll say something real.

Whell, Varrock being almost the same as Seers can be a coincidence. Maybe there were two teams, one making Varrock, the other making Seers. When they saw that they were almost identical, there wasn' t enough time to make something new.

But, that is highly unlikely. They were probably just lazy. Wich cannot happen if you' re at work. Nobody knows what the graphic designers were thinkink, but they sure have to start playing runescape to see what really needs an update.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

There isn't that much to update in seers if im honest, people only use the bank and the woodcutting areas so jagex probably didnt see the point in revamping the entire place. I haven't been to seers or looked at the updates but i'm sure its not as bad as everyone is going on. How you can call jagex lazy when they've been releasing good stuff for the past few months is beyond me. Some people can't be pleased.

At the risk of you throwing another temper tantrum i'll say something real too.

I can tell varrock and seer's is a bit the same. Kinda darkish and really decorative but good. To tell you the truth i like both and i can't wait to see what they do to lumbridge, al-kharid, edgeville, etc.

oh noes! :cry: why cant jagex be perfect? i sooooo wanted this new update to be awsome, i mean, seers is so much more important than the new mith drags or god wars dungeon! why cant they be perfect!

cmon, get a life, they didnt want to spend an extra 3 days desighning a whole new script from scratch. give them a break. it looks better than before, thats all that should matter.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

I find it hard to believe that any update JaGeX brings us is laziness, honestly. For someone to actually realize this, to me, means that they were mad at JaGeX and looking for something to get mad at.

We've heard them say it tons of times, JaGeX has written their own code that the game engine runs on, which is a huge task - and the tasks within that include finding the code to update, updating it, and testing it.

JaGeX plans these updates months in advance, which can be proved by the Development Diaries. One showed how there's many looks of skeletons and how they made them - Would you call drawing and 3D generating 85+ designs of something lazy? And this was just one monster! Imagine a whole town!

~Rcty

Rcty

I noticed in the new Seer's that there is hardly enough of that long tufty grass that they usually add to new areas. This new area still has a lot of that old short grass around.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Someone just made theirself look like a complete tard :D. But yeah, looks like total lazyness by jagex.

Danightsword.png

LAZY SUNUMA*********!!!!

Joke.

Listen, if you have nothing constructive to contribute to this THEN GET THE HELL OFF MY THREAD!

Well you do sound like a whiny kid that's making a big deal out of nothing and still excepts to not be made fun of. Seriously, theres nothing constructive to say about this. And you have nothing to complain about. Unless your a millionaire that donated 5 million dollars to a charity, you shouldn't complain about not getting enough "bang for your buck".

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

All the human settlements in rs virtually are built of the same grey stone.

Varrock's update created the new look grey stone and roofs

It makes perfect sense that all other locations, unless special, built of the basic grey stone will get that look when they are updated.

Plus its more realistic, houses are virtually all red brick anywhere u go irl (uk anyway) each city/town/village doesn't look totally unique, so why should they in rs?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Someone just made theirself look like a complete tard :D. But yeah, looks like total lazyness by jagex.

And in my sentence where do i sound like a "tard"? It isn't a big deal that the windows "MAYBE" are the same.

LAZY SUNUMA*********!!!!

Joke.

Wow, I would support this thread because it's a cool idea, but when the topic creater flames someone, then cusses them out. It makes me NOT want to even read the rest of this topic. If you really want to get this past the "Hey look at this what I found out."

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

The guy that posted that (orb master44) was an arrogant butt hole, since when has each building in each city or town been completely different?

It takes them a lot of time and hard work to do this type of reconstruction as for copy and past someone should have explained to him its not MS Paint they are dealing with, yeah it looks the same as Varrock just like it did before....

With this years updates they are hardly getting lazy...

this update looks like it was plastered on at the last minute.

People said the same thing about the hunter skill and the construction skill, but through the development diaries, you can see they were obviously planned months ahead. Like the kid said, he isnt a graphic designer, so he should not just decide what looks last minute and whats not. Seers looks just like Varrock, yet its rushed. His logic astounds me.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^