WoW vs. RS

UnrealBLight

I'm banned from rs so i'm trying WoW now, its a 2-3 hour 3.2 GB download (I'm on optimum online so thats basically the fastest anyone can download it). Doing the 10 day trial just to see what everything is about. (at 2% downloaded after 5 min of waiting+writing this reply). I definately like rs and would play that if i got unbanned, but what else am i supposed to do? Its the #1 rated p2p mmorpg, i need to at least try it while I wait.

hope its good, might play normally if its good enough and I don't get unbanned

btw, still 2%

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Do you know anything about WoW other than that it has good graphics? Its PvE is a thousand times better than the one in RS. The skills are less extensive, but they use a system that makes grinding like we do nearly nonexistent. The monster battles are far from monontone, they actually require skill and they are very fun and challenging.

I agree on the rest, but I think you should just face that WoW is the better game. If it weren't for the 12 dollars a month I'd play it.

A matter of opinion, you can't make anyone say WoW is better than RuneScape because its' their opinion. Understaaaaand?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm banned from rs so i'm trying WoW now, its a 2-3 hour 3.2 GB download (I'm on optimum online so thats basically the fastest anyone can download it)

2-3 hours for 3.2GB and you think your internet is fast -.-

Comparitng RuneScape & WoW is stupid they are both different in to many way

WoW is graphic based game for people that need graphics.

WoW = boring after a while 75% PK based

RS = Can get boring, but like 50% more things to do..

with less cost and no downloading times..

Its an argument that will never be settled, comparing RS to WoW is stupid, comparing it to games like FlyFF and Conquer Online would make more sense.

RS is browser based and WoW if a full install game....

They are in a totally different class.

community - world of warcraft

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

............. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

I really don't think it's possible to say World of Warcraft has a better community. Sure the RuneScape community has some people that drag it down. But. Well.... To be perfectly honest most of the people that drag the RuneScape community down are WoW players.

community - world of warcraft

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

............. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

I really don't think it's possible to say World of Warcraft has a better community. Sure the RuneScape community has some people that drag it down. But. Well.... To be perfectly honest most of the people that drag the RuneScape community down are WoW players.

and we drag down club penguin players? get over it. the community in runescape is targeted at a much lower age and less knowledge. explain perfectly that why do we have to add the ditch in the wilderness and more tutorial advice.

If it weren't for the 12 dollars a month I'd play it.

I really don't mind the price of WoW, but the only reason I don't play is because my computer sucks at the top-end games, even WoW. Heck even my computer struggles a little trying to load up the WoW homepage. I did actually try out WoW, but I had to wait like a few minutes for anything to happen ingame. My computer only has 256MB ram and I think for WoW you need over 1k MB for it to run smoothly.

But as for now the only good MMORPG I can play is Runescape, which is good enough for me. But if Lord Umega gets banned or hacked, I'll buy me a better computer for WoW.

That's reason number 2 for me, we have a good computer and a bad one and I don't get to play enough on the first one to make 12 dollars a month worth it.

WoW community? From what I've heard it's a very mature community with of cours the occasional idiot. Unless you play Alliance. Apparently half the Alliance players are idiots. And in every server Horde is outnumbered 3 to 1 by the Alliance :P .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

If it weren't for the 12 dollars a month I'd play it.

I really don't mind the price of WoW, but the only reason I don't play is because my computer sucks at the top-end games, even WoW. Heck even my computer struggles a little trying to load up the WoW homepage. I did actually try out WoW, but I had to wait like a few minutes for anything to happen ingame. My computer only has 256MB ram and I think for WoW you need over 1k MB for it to run smoothly.

But as for now the only good MMORPG I can play is Runescape, which is good enough for me. But if Lord Umega gets banned or hacked, I'll buy me a better computer for WoW.

That's reason number 2 for me, we have a good computer and a bad one and I don't get to play enough on the first one to make 12 dollars a month worth it.

WoW community? From what I've heard it's a very mature community with of cours the occasional idiot. Unless you play Alliance. Apparently half the Alliance players are idiots. And in every server Horde is outnumbered 3 to 1 by the Alliance :P .

Horde mature eh? Explains a bit for Idiots Square in Stormwind. :P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

wow is impossible without friends.. i kept dieng so yeah.. its annoying

Most true thing about WoW. The reason you need a friend/s is the reason i'm not playing it ATM. When I ask my guild they all say "i'm busy" or "sorry i'm in outlands grinding to get and epic mount" it disheartens me that they're level 70 and have loads of money ajn dstuff and i'm only level 23 dieing all the time

Meh the only thing I like with runescape are mini games and woodcutting yews.

Meh... i'm fussy.

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader

ArchSupport.png

"The walls shook at the noise of the horses, and of the wheels, and of the chariots.

What walls? We don't need walls! WE ARE SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

erkid"]WoW is to complex, RuneScape is nice and cosy. Plus if you have a life and you play WoW than you don't get your moneys worth.

I know double post...

^^This is so true.

When I see my fellow guild members talking about thier level 70 party and i think "you may have loads of stuff on WoW but atleast I have a life.

I mean I made friends with this level 18 when I was level 20. when i got level 23 he was level 40 and i'm like "what the hell!!".

I hate no-lifers.

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader

ArchSupport.png

"The walls shook at the noise of the horses, and of the wheels, and of the chariots.

What walls? We don't need walls! WE ARE SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

Ill always play runescape even though i got money for WoW. Its that i dont like WoW...its just that runescpe was my frist MMORPG, and im going to stick with runescape till the end (or as long as i can). Nothing wrong with WoW...but runescape better fits me :D

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Lol

when i read the graphics for that section i laughed.

You should NEVER judge a game by its graphics.

If shouldn't even be thought about EVERYTHING beats Runescapes graphics, do you really think graphics makes me play that game.

The wildy i like RS wildy compared to WoW, i have the CHOICE to pk whenever i want.

WoW,

I can either NEVER pk

or

I must ALWAYS pk, and if i dont people will try and kill me i would get annoyed.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

Guild Wars vs Runescape

I made a break from runescape for year and a half and in that time i played Guild Wars

I will post some facts essentionally upon your comparation schematics:

Price:

Both Runescape and Guild Wars come to about same price

If you attend to buy all Guild Wars expansions (and they came out each year but no longer because new Guild Wars 2 is comming out and it wont have anything to do with old one),

and pay for runescape membership every month on the other side

Introduction notes: Guild Wars is mostly about skill of playing game,Runescape is pretty much about everything and it is mostly about training certain "game skill" - not game playing skill

Graphics:

Guild Wars graphics are far better than WoW graphics,animations are much better also.From than point you can note that it is uncomparable for a simple reason - games are made in two totally diffrent interfaces.It is sure runescape graphics will not be improved by far in soon future of technology development in that kind of "java" interface,but there is 1 thing for sure : Jagex is a powerful company that does everything possible to makes it best possible for most of internet users,since java is pretty easy to run.

From this point of view I would say bad graphics have it's good side

PvP

Guild Wars is all about pvp,because i heard it has extremly bad PvE which i personally find very boring,since it has Storyline ,and that is what its all about

In PvE people attend to buy very expensive armours they can show in PvP,it takes quite long to obtain some of those armours and weapon "skins"

Comunity

No matter what most of people say "runescape is for kids" , its not for a simple reason - you will find mature and imature people on both sides.

Thing that makes people say sutch things is level of expression . In guild wars you can say absolutley anything,while runescape is full of rules. Even 70 years old person would turn into kid when we come to in-game conversation.Again - this can be both good and bad thing,depends how you take it.

Since runescape is an older game and games sutch as WoW and Guild Wars are new ones,most of people who recently played runescape moved to those "new" games to test them out, (like they r going to test every new game that is going to come in future)

That is jus My personal experience:

I can say that changing game was pretty interesting,at start guild wars was fun,in the end,it was less fun.

Runescape was always fun to me,but every game gets boring as you play it over and over...even best game ever...

However im sory to hear about sutch things as it has worse pvp than warcraft does

I dont play warcraft for a simple reason - i cant find money for it.Maybe i would find money if it came out first,but too late - i lost my interest in "new" stuff to the point where i dont want to "fire out" 30$ for 2 months.But i believe it is worth each $.Game owners are there to make it worth it.

Since im not that happy with what runescape has to offer i came to conclusion: Since totally new Guild Wars is going to be realised in 2008 ,and it is going to be like WoW ,but totally free instead,however it will probably have it's bad sides,but new things usually have more good than bad sides.... but i alredy tried that kind of stuff,and came back to Runescape, i dont want to fire my money on new game again,just like that

Im going to wait untill i find some kind of job and get 20-30 years old in real life,get a bit more stabilised and find a job. Technology is going to develop ALOT by that time,i will have more money,and there will be both free and pay 2 play games that will be 500% better than WoW is,and than it could ever be.Only thing thats going to be diffrent is I will have less time for games,but why would that be a problem as long as i could enjoy it?

zzZZ [- Glory From Beyond -]ZZzz

Dracula_Magic.gif

Hm...

Apples vs. oranges...

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 vs. Chess...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I like Rs better, but then again i'm a Lord of the Rings fan, so i'm pretty much all about storyline :D . WoW has a backstory, and a fairly good one at that, but RS builds upon it's own, as the quests are more intricate and detailed (yes, even Tower of Life is more complex) than the generic "fetch/kill quests". I must say though, WoW has a better combat system, much more interactive than RS, with a good PVP system in place as well.

Its like comparing a high end FPS against the original Legend of Zelda, one's more graphics and processing power, with a good combat system, the other, more puzzle oriented albeit with a simple combat system. Both are classics in this case, but for different reasons, there's really no comparing the two.

Why have i heard so much about sigs in messageboards? Who are these sigs? Are they some type of group of people all named sig taking over?

Do you know anything about WoW other than that it has good graphics? Its PvE is a thousand times better than the one in RS. The skills are less extensive, but they use a system that makes grinding like we do nearly nonexistent. The monster battles are far from monontone, they actually require skill and they are very fun and challenging.

I agree on the rest, but I think you should just face that WoW is the better game. If it weren't for the 12 dollars a month I'd play it.

A matter of opinion, you can't make anyone say WoW is better than RuneScape because its' their opinion. Understaaaaand?

No matter how many ways you have to kill a monster WoW is still repetitive in PvE... I play it and i just cant grind because im clicking the same three buttons over and over and seeing less results than the work should give. Runescape has less abilities but at least you dont have to wear yourself out killing a room full of monsters like WoW

erkid"]WoW is to complex, RuneScape is nice and cosy. Plus if you have a life and you play WoW than you don't get your moneys worth.

I know double post...

^^This is so true.

When I see my fellow guild members talking about thier level 70 party and i think "you may have loads of stuff on WoW but atleast I have a life.

I mean I made friends with this level 18 when I was level 20. when i got level 23 he was level 40 and i'm like "what the hell!!".

I hate no-lifers.

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader

Let me make this clear and simple: If you have one hour free time, does not mean everyone else has one hour of free time. In anything: RS, WoW, football, Chess...

K?

EDIT: Max, wrong quote? :P

siggy3s.jpg

You'd have to take into account some of those things are worth more then other. Like: Graphics > Quests

I think you got that backwards...

I think I would prefer doing a quest like DT over having "pretty" graphics, but doing the same thing over and over again in monotonic quests.

Quests>Graphics

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I know double post...

^^This is so true.

I hate no-lifers.

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader

Let me make this clear and simple: If you have one hour free time, does not mean everyone else has one hour of free time. In anything: RS, WoW, football, Chess...

K?

EDIT: Max, wrong quote? :P

too lazy too find original post :lol:

I dont see how you justify saying that, if you know what your doing and have friends your level, you can easily get a days solo work done in a couple hours.

I have a life, i hangout with my friends about every day, and i feel i get the most out of WoW just playing a couple hours.

and complex? lol i fail to see how WoW is so complex, you dont need runes to cast spells, you run out to a monster, and attack it, you just get more spells to do it.

it pressing "3, 4, 5, 1" that complex?

i say 3451 cuz im a warlock in wow, 345 are my damage over time spells, and 1 is my wand :D

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar