Help and advice FAQ

meb

Well my suggestion is a help and advice faq, some questions keep coming up every 2 pages (or 2 times per page) so it would be nice to have a faq. Before people post they should have to read the faq.

A couple of questions that coudl be added:

Is Slayer dart affected by mage bonus?

When are my levels good enough to DK/ KQ/ etc.

How do I make money with skill X

Sorry if this has been suggested before or if there already is a help and advice faq.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

No one would read it.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

No one would read it.

There's that point.

AND, there's the fact that Help & Advice was changed to the format that it currently is so that people could post a topic, get an answer, and get out. I think the way Help & Advice currently runs is great. There are many helpful answers, and people are getting their help very quickly.

IMO it isn't needed.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

Oh well, it's just very tiresome when you see 'Is slayer dart affected by mage bonus' for the 5432nd time.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Oh well, it's just very tiresome when you see 'Is slayer dart affected by mage bonus' for the 5432nd time.
Just tell them to search and dont post the answer. People will soon learn that its quicker to look for the information themselves than to post and wait for a response.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I agree with aaron, the way its run, or how it seemed to me was to help the person, then move on to another person.

No one would read it since some of the questions there, would imply to me, that the person doesn't really care about reading stickies, and just wants answers, and is too lazy.

Merci on his last post makes the solution very clear there on his last post, though.

People are very, very lazy, so I doubt they'd read a F.A.Q. even if it was extensive and up-to-date :( It would be great if people would actually read it, but I doubt that they would. Besides, two people may ask the same question, but be in a slightly different situation. So the answer could vary (even if only a little bit), depending upon the circumstances.

Right now I think our 'system' works pretty well. I rarely see a question go unanswered. Even if the question is repetitive, there's almost always someone willing to help out :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

People are very, very lazy, so I doubt they'd read a F.A.Q. even if it was extensive and up-to-date :( It would be great if people would actually read it, but I doubt that they would. Besides, two people may ask the same question, but be in a slightly different situation. So the answer could vary (even if only a little bit), depending upon the circumstances.

Right now I think our 'system' works pretty well. I rarely see a question go unanswered. Even if the question is repetitive, there's almost always someone willing to help out :)

Excactly, Help&Advice is pretty active anyway, so yeah.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Introduction

Recently, I have noticed that people ask the same question, over and over, thus I decided to create a "Most common questions" thread, which contains all answers to the most common questions.

It is hard for me to keep up, which questions are asked the most, so if you please bare with me, you could submit questions that are frequently asked. Hopefully, the majority finds this useful, as I would.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the best place to mine iron ores?

Free to play

The best place to power mine iron ( Mine the iron, and drop them at the same spot ) is in the Scorpion Chasm in Al Kharid, it has three rocks next to each other, which means you can mine the iron ores very fast.

However, if you wish to bank the iron ores, the best place to do so in Free To Play, are the rocks in the South-East Varrock mine.

Pay to play

In members, the best place to powern mine iron, are the rocks south of Ardougne.

However, if you wish to bank the iron ores, the best place to mine the iron rocks, would be the rocks north-east of Yanille.

How can I get an obsidian cape?

•  
    Buy it from the TzHaar store for TokKu.

Get it as a drop from the monsters in the fight caves.

Or either you could buy them from a player for about 300,000gp. ( Price could have changed )

I just became a member, what should I do first?

You could do a lot of things, when entering the member world, you could do quests, train on special monsters, earn money, etcetera.

Important Member Quests

•  
    Lost City

Monkey Madness

Plague City

Hero's Quest

Druidic Ritual

Dwarf Cannon

Priest in Peril

Tears of Guthix

Ways to earn money, in a member world

You could do several things to earn money in a member world, including; merchanting, using your skills.

I suggest using your skills, before merchanting, as merchanting takes a lot of patience. You could train the following skills, to make a lot of money.

Skills you can train, as a member

•  
Construction

Slayer

Fletching

Farming

Herblore

Agility

Thieving

Hunter

Skills you could train, to earn money fast

•  
Runecrafting

Fishing

Mining

Crafting

Also have a view, to one of the Tip.it guides on what to do when you just became a member: here

How do I get a dragon item drop?

The best way to get dragon items, are to kill;

Dragons

Dust Devils

Fire Giant

What are rock crabs, and why do people train on them?

Rock crabs are level 13, with a high hitpoint level of 50. These beastiary are easy to train on, when having a low level character on RuneScape. Mostly, this place is crowded. Also, these beastiary drop level 1 clue's, which may contain items of value.

These creatures can be found at: Rellekka, Waterbirth Island and Sven the Helmsmen's Cave ( Olaf's Quest required to enter this cave ).

More information: click here

How can I make teleportation tablets?

To make them, you will need to have soft clay and the runes required to cast the desired spell on them. Then, use a lectern, and choose to make the desired teleportation tablet. This may be done with anybody's house. Different lecturns can make different levels of teleportation tablets. To use these tablets, simply click on them and they would activate similiarly to how you would normally use the magic menu to cast the spells.

To make these tablets, you will have to have the appropriate magic level for the tablets. However, when using them, anybody can use them.

Still under construction!

Good luck,

Spenjoman

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me

Security Manager Expert

I made this Suggestion about 5 months ago, but it was passed as taking too long to maintain and the relentless need to keep editing all the posts.

However, this forum is to ASK for Help and Advice.

Feel free to PM a Moderator if you feel this is 'Sticky-able', but expect a similar response i recieved.

I say every1 that thinks this should be sticky'd post saying I support, this forum needs a thread like this :-)

I support

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

You should add Tears of Guthix to the list of quests. It's simple and very useful, especially since all their member skills will be low.

shadow7.png

You can find loads of information, such as mini-guides I have written, my laws, and links to my stories here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=696442

This is a link to the story Council of Oblivion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695628

You should add Tears of Guthix to the list of quests. It's simple and very useful, especially since all their member skills will be low.

Thank you for the suggestion, I have added it to the list.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me

Security Manager Expert

If you REALLY wanted to make this useful, you'd need to add thousands more things to that list.

I post here often, and i always see threads on;

Barrows

Manage Thy Kingdom

Daggonath Kings

God Wars

Construction - how to do it.

Hundreds of posts on what to woodcut.

Whats more is, if this were sticked and locked, only a moderator can edit the post, not the forum user.

This has been suggested many times before. The Help and Advice system works perfectly as it is. A person can ask a question and he/she can quickly get a response.

A sticky would rarely be used in that forum. We reworked the Help and Advice forum not to long ago. The main reason for this was to get people in and out as fast as possible. To do this, we had to increase traffic. So, we eliminated the subforums. Now, there is a lot more traffic and a lot more people get answers to their questions. A sticky would just complicate things more.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg