Best barrows set

Brollygerman

Hard to say. Guthan is the best for Slayer and lower level training for its healing. Torag is best for cheap yet excellent defense. Verac is awesome for bosses, like the Kalphite Queen, and staking. Dharok is great for strength training. They all have about the same defensive values, though.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

depends on what you want to do as they all have different bonuses which are better at different things

best def bonus: torag

slayer / dk: guthan

high hits / pking: dharok

kq / assorted boss monster killing: verac

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

can some1 clalc for me repair cost? im 54 smithing...(i prepair at house)

if its only 20% is ther on 20% of the protection..or is full protection but nearly destroyed?

It's not like crystal, even at 25% is has the exact same stats as when full.

I don't know how the smithing level thing works; i'd assume since 99 smithing is half price, with 51 smithing you will be paying roughly 75% of what it would normally be, but that is nothing more than an assumption.

As for the best barrows set, it depends entirely on what you do with it. With the exception of the full torag set (the armour alone is very good though), they are all "best" under certain curcumstances. I wouldn't want guthans for kqing, or veracs for slayer, but switch the use and they're the best there is.

cool.. i think i buy..omg idk what to buy...im not a staker or pker so no dh i think...

omg i realy donk know what buy.. and can t buy all 4 cuz my bank is too full..are there no barrows shields?

No, there are no shields. I would go with verac. Great looks, awesome special, great prayer bonus and useful for lots of things. (Kq, Barrows, slayer (when using prayer) staking and just all around owning.)

Hope this helps,

~Saru

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

If you're going for training just in general...ugh, well, you probably don't want dharoks, because dharoks owns completely for strength training, and it's a great thing to have when going to something like dagganoths, but guthans is great for training in general, along with torags and veracs.

If you're short on cash, get torags for sure, if not verac/dh/guth

omg i realy donk know what buy.. and can t buy all 4 cuz my bank is too full..

Hmm, I don't think that's the real reason why you can't buy all 4 sets. Also in your sig is says you're 65 defence, so you should train to 70 before you buy any barrows sets. Guthan is best for slayer, bandits, monster camping etc. Veracs is mainly used in Fight Pits/KQ/Armour On Staking. Dharok is for either noob 4 item Edge pkers, or crazy people who actually skull and then say "oh noes" when they get farcasted :\. Torags Hammers are useless, the armour is the cheapest and yet the best defence bonus for nubs :)
coza17.png

It all depends on what you want to do. Each barrow set is tailored to some unique purpose.

Torag: useless as a set, but has really strong armor stats and is fairly cheap for those stats. You can use torag legs and plate for good defense and then mix it with other weapons/armor.

Dharok: used to be good for training since it can hit so high, but only under very limited circumstances (so limited that you would have to be training, basically). I've found that a whip with a black mask (if you're doing slayer) is stronger though, so fairly useless.

Guthan: can be used to heal you. I don't like this set either; I've found that in MOST situations, you would be better off spending a couple minutes to bank for more food than to waste time healing while using a weapon that's weaker than a whip. Despite that, there are some times where the healing is essential, such as Fight Caves or Morning's End 2.

Verac: this set is very good for killing high-level monsters and players (as long as you don't need a shield). It gives prayer bonuses, which is important in these situations. It pierces through defense, which is very important as it's hard to hit strong levels. Also, it can pierce through prayer, which is good against players and the KQ.

shadow7.png

You can find loads of information, such as mini-guides I have written, my laws, and links to my stories here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=696442

This is a link to the story Council of Oblivion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695628

To calculate how much you save on repairing your own barrows armor use this formula:

Round up Smithing lvl to even number then divide in half

Ex:

For 99 smithing: 99 up to 100 / 2 equals 50% off normal rates

For 50 Smithing: 50 / 2 equals 25% off normal rates

For 25 Smithing: 25 up tp 26 / 2 equals 13% off normal rates

85pbfja.jpg

Geaux Tigers ! Congrats on a great year !

if u get dh= go pest control im lvl 87. i get 870gp per game, after 100 tickets from novice boat my repair costs usually even out @ 55 smithing. and it's fun 2 test ur max. [novice boat always wins]

i got veracs first

owned in duel arena.

owned house parties.

sold and got dh.

owned pc, parties and some duels.

sold and got guthans

great for slayer,

im happy w/ guthans.

its free food, less bank trips.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

To calculate how much you save on repairing your own barrows armor use this formula:

Ex:

That's not actually true; it's just lvl/2 %, there's no rounding involved. I'm 99; I can verify that it's not actually quite 50% off.

shadow7.png

You can find loads of information, such as mini-guides I have written, my laws, and links to my stories here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=696442

This is a link to the story Council of Oblivion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695628

omg i realy donk know what buy.. and can t buy all 4 cuz my bank is too full..

Hmm, I don't think that's the real reason why you can't buy all 4 sets. Also in your sig is says you're 65 defence, so you should train to 70 before you buy any barrows sets. Guthan is best for slayer, bandits, monster camping etc. Veracs is mainly used in Fight Pits/KQ/Armour On Staking. Dharok is for either noob 4 item Edge pkers, or crazy people who actually skull and then say "oh noes" when they get farcasted :\. Torags Hammers are useless, the armour is the cheapest and yet the best defence bonus for nubs :)

its funnierr have a set before..i think its easier to train up if you have a new set u can use

and i cant buy all 4 sets cuz my bank is too full

brollygerman.png

brollygerman.png

Goal Reched Sep 10th 2007

Ex:

but what is normal repair cost?

brollygerman.png

brollygerman.png

Goal Reched Sep 10th 2007