What is this? A Rs dog?

nomadmike

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a strong feeling that dogs will make their way into the game as a player-pet very very soon.

Ever since this picture was discovered on the knowledge base, hundreds of threads have been posted on the official RuneScape future updates forums, discussing pet dogs and using the bulldog picture as proof.

The thing is, no J-mod has stepped in to tell everyone that the bulldog was not intended to be a hint of pet dogs, and that nobody should get the wrong impression. A j-mod will always say something like that if people are getting the wrong impression, just as one did just this month. I believe it was Mod Mark(?) that replied to a forum about this months up-and-comming runecrafting update, which was anticipating the blood and soul alters. He clearly stated that the update will not involve these alters, but "that doesnt mean Jagex forgot about them".

We can all expect pet dogs... :D

picture7eo0.png

that's Andrew's dog by the way <3:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Much rather have a pet falcon or hawk from the hunter guy that I can use as a free telegrab :D.

But I wouldn't mind having a pooch.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Here is fragment of animated advertisment for knowledge

basepy1.png

So it looks as if this was a joke then :( too bad, I really wanted a bulldog too :(

If you watch that ad then you will see what the message seems to actually be.

The people who work on the knowledge base make notes on 3 things.

1. Magic

2. Playing gnomeball

3. A cat turning into a hellcat

Then it tells you to look up Bulldog in the kb.

To me that is saying that they are working on a magic update, a gnomeball update and the dog update (in relation to the cat in the ad).

Or it could be portraying the different ways that Jagex fits different out-of-game aspects into the game itself. In this case, the Knowledge Base is written by a company in Gielnor, that sends researchers to every part of Runescape to find out how things work (hell cats, gnomeball, and magic in this case) and it is all compiled on an easy to access platform.

You're stretching speculation a bit too far. None of the other things they've shown were new, except for the bulldog page.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png