Freshmen, how has your school been so far?

fakeitormakeit

Bump as school gets even closer. (Two weeks for me)

Yesterday was my birthday, I turned 14. (Surprised?) Anyway, my birthday always means that school is starting up again. I actually got my list of classes yesterday, but it wasn't a schedule so I'm still unsure as to if I have any classes with my friends.

Anyway, yes, that means I'm going to be a freshman. I have mixed feelings about it...Like usual, I will miss summer vacation like crazy for a bit, and then after a while, I'll hope that school will never end. My sister is a senior, and that's both good and bad, I guess. It's going to be annoying going to the same school as her for the first time since 2nd grade, but she can show me around and give me tips. And she's lazy, so she doesn't walk home. So I can get a ride.

The actual schoolwork has never been a problem for me, I really doubt it will change. My school is [developmentally delayed]ed, we only have two levels of classes for physics (Yay, my favorite science), world history (Also my favorite as it includes ancient history) and English. Math is the only honors that freshman can take, but as math has always been a breeze for me, I plan on attempting to skip the freshman course and take the sophomore course instead. The test is in a few days...Really need to study.

I'm on good terms with basically everyone in my grade, from my middle school, but I don't know how I'll mix with upper classmen and the people from the other middle school.

I'm considering doing tennis team in the spring, my sister's friends are the captains so that would be helpful. I'm pretty lousy at tennis now though, but I think if I practice I might be able to. I'm definitely doing math team though, but I've heard bad things about it. Science team is my backup, maybe I can even drag my sister into it.

My biggest worry is what my reputation is going to be. I don't like meeting new people, and I'm much nerdier now than I was in 6th grade (The last time something like this happened). And not just with classmates, I hope I don't get on any teacher's bad side early on.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky i'm British, i personally think that American universities are pathetic; having to join Fraternities, and all that Freshman crap.

Unless of course being spanked with paddles and Fratboy stereotypes aren't true :P

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

I'm technically a freshman in college, but also a junior in HS. There's this program they're starting called Middle College, where you do college classes and finish up high school credits, all at a university(I wont say which). I only go three days a week, so it's honestly an easier schedule. My one college class I'm taking begins tomorrow, so I can't say what'll happen.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Lucky i'm British, i personally think that American universities are pathetic; having to join Fraternities, and all that Freshman crap.

Unless of course being spanked with paddles and Fratboy stereotypes aren't true :P

Fraternities are optional, and you can be beaten with a paddle anywhere :lol:

I start up tomorrow. Have to change my classes, they switched me from track to golf for no reason.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I don't have to start until after labor day :thumbsup:

A normal school day starts at 7:13 a.m. - 2:10 p.m. Way earlier then i'm used to getting up at.

I don't have my schedule yet as I missed the first day (friday) due to a dentist appointment, i'll be getting it on thursday.

Classes I know I have are:

English 9

Geometry (didn't feel like going into honors :( )

P.E / Computer applications 1 each for half the school year.

Spanish 2

World history or something like that.

I can't remember the rest.

I'm not really looking foward to going to school because there are 3 high schools all right next to each other, (each have like 1000-2000 students total between the 3 schools, or per school :( ) which makes it hard to find classes and get around the school.

Something.png

I'm a sophomore, in University though.

Ahhh, the High School days - I sure miss 'em :lol:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Senior this year.. Classes for 1st quarter are as follows:

Sociology

Computer Applications II

-Break-

Sales

Sociology is the only class I can stand. I could teach computer apps 2 and sales is worthless (3 days and we haven't done anything but sit around and talk). Teachers are all phone nazis this year as well. Which means I get to spend most of my time day dreaming instead of chatting with people.

If its just a general school thread:

Course ID 	Title 	Cr 	Rm 	Bldg 	Time 	Days 	Instructor

*BIOL*113*09 	ENVIRONMENTAL LIFE SCIENCE @ ^ 	4.0 	102 	YH 	12:30pm-01:45pm 09:00am-10:50am TTH

**GIT*230*01 	GRAPHIC DESIGN WL WL 	3.0 	S104 	KTC 	10:00AM-11:40AM 	MW 	OLDHAM, D.

**GIT*450*01 	INKS AND SUBSTRATES 	3.0 	E107 	KTC 	02:00PM-03:40PM 	MW 	YOUNGER, D.

*SOC*100*05 	INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY WL @ WL 	3.0 	413 	RH 	08:00AM-09:15AM 	TTH 	WILSON, G.

**GIT*330*02 	LAYOUT AND DESIGN 	3.0 	E211 	KTC 	12:00PM-01:40PM 	MW 	BACHURA, C.

Just a straight copy of my schedule for this year. Sophomore in college. Pretty much all of my classes are in the same building (Graphic Design, Inks and Substrates and Layout and Design) so it's easy.

All classes pertaining to my major except two :)

Interesting schedule you have there, Nadril.

:P

The only class I'm a little worried about is the inks and substrates. Apparently I can take it for honors, so I'm not sure how hard it'll be. :)

[edit] Graphic Communications Major for those who are interested.

Interesting schedule you have there, Nadril.

:P

The only class I'm a little worried about is the inks and substrates. Apparently I can take it for honors, so I'm not sure how hard it'll be. :)

[edit] Graphic Communications Major for those who are interested.

It's pretty obvious you had to do have a Graphics related major just by looking at your schedule. :lol: