Nervous, Someone please Calm me Down...

wakka102

So I'm home alone this weekend. Parents left Friday through Sunday evening. My friend wants to party. I expected to go somewhere else to do this but about an hour ago he asks if we can do it at my house. Now I usually love to party but I've never done anything at my house before. So after about 30 mins he persuaded me that everything was going to be fine, nothing would get broken, and that there would be nothing to worry about. Theres about 15 people, including girls, coming to my house in the next 2-3 hours or so and I'm literally freaking out. I don't know what to expect or whats going to happen. Can someone help me calm down so I can enjoy myself tonight??...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off all, try to go soft on the alcohol, that way it'sll be easier for you to keep things under control.
well the main thing I'm worried about is that my parents have a close relationship with the people on all sides of my house, and they are home, if they see tons of people at my house they will get suspicious.

another thing is that my parents are really against smoking, and I know a few people coming do that stuff (I don't, its nasty) my friend says they will not do it on my property and they will spray down with axe and stuff before they come back on it but I'm really not sure if that will hold true... Maybe I'm just thinking too much.,...argh!!!

Just calm down. Say no to the booze, and it should be okay. If it gets too much, you can say that they need to leave because you think it could be potentially dangerous.
I'm not really worried about alcohol, if it was just that I'd probably be alot calmer, its smoke smell getting in my house that I'm worried about, if my parents smell it at all they will find out.

Get completley wasted now and deal with the consequences tommorow.

Tell them to smoke outside. Most people do at these things anyway, common courtesey.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

thats how a typical teen would deal with it, I think waaaay too much for my age...I also have never been on my parents bad side, I haven't been grounded since 5th grade. Any partying I do is far from home.

Tell them to smoke outside. Most people do at these things anyway, common courtesey.

good short term problem solver for sure.

Ever see that episode of malcolm in the middle where reese tries to throw a house party and guys end up making drugs in the garage? thats whats gonna happen :twisted:

Tk5SF.png

its not that, its the smoke getting on there clothes, then getting on my furniture. Have you been in a heavy smokers car or house? it reeks of smoke...

Yeah but really, I've rarley seen anything broken at a houseparty with 50-100+ people there. I doubt anything will happent thats to bad. Just enjoy it, and remember keep the smoke outside.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I think that if you set the ground rules, that they should be decent enough people to follow them. If you dont know them, then dont let them in. In the end, its your house.
I know most of these people but there are several I've only met once.

When the party is over, open all your doors/windows and wait for a few hours. Do the same thing all the next day. If anything still smells, empty a few bottles of axe (or fbreeze since it "absorbs" oders instead of covering them up), and tell your parents that your had 2 friends over and that they went crazy with axe. Oh, and make sure you dont have any smoked joints laying around the property.

I wouldn't worry too much about smoke. As long as they smoke outside, you'll be fine. Just spray furniture down with something. NOT AXE! Febreeze or something should do much better. You see anyone who's completely out of control, kick them out. Also, I'd recommend not getting wasted. Doing so will prevent you from keeping any kind of control inside of the house.

Just say no to your friend, if he wants you to risk getting in trouble and damage your house then get some new friends.
My friends are awesome, they aren't bad kids, we just like to enjoy ourselves sometimes, I'm just very new to hosting a party, I've never done it before and I don't know what to expect, I've done it plenty at other people's homes but never at my own. My friend said if anything went wrong that he would take full responsibility for it so I'm holding him to that. I sit around all day, its time to make some memories. Looking on the bright side, if I do get in trouble, it would give me a story to tell and something to remember when I get older. I've semi calmed down now, but my heart is still racing a little bit.

I wouldn't worry too much about smoke. As long as they smoke outside, you'll be fine. Just spray furniture down with something. NOT AXE! Febreeze or something should do much better. You see anyone who's completely out of control, kick them out. Also, I'd recommend not getting wasted. Doing so will prevent you from keeping any kind of control inside of the house.
I will do these things. thanks.

When the party is over, open all your doors/windows and wait for a few hours. Do the same thing all the next day. If anything still smells, empty a few bottles of axe (or fbreeze since it "absorbs" oders instead of covering them up), and tell your parents that your had 2 friends over and that they went crazy with axe. Oh, and make sure you dont have any smoked joints laying around the property.
That seems a little over the top. wouldnt this be for only if people are smoking inside? nobody will smoke inside, I'll make definite sure of that, none of these guys smoked inside at other homes anyways so I'm not worried about them doing that.

Oh yah, a few more tips:

1. Make sure someone is sober enough to have a general idea of what is going on.

2. Make sure nobody with depression gets too drunk. Keep all knives hidden.

3. Cover any pools/hot tubs.

4. Keep any medicine/toxic substances hidden.

5. Make sure you have something to make people throw up incase they have like 15 beers.

That seems a little over the top. wouldnt this be for only if people are smoking inside? nobody will smoke inside, I'll make definite sure of that, none of these guys smoked inside at other homes anyways so I'm not worried about them doing that.

This is just incase the house smells like smoke, and you cant get it out.

Oh yah, a few more tips:

1. Make sure someone is sober enough to have a general idea of what is going on.

5. Make sure you have something to make people throw up incase they have like 15 beers.

we've never had a problem with that before, we usually only have one person who gets seriously drunk and they usually just throw up once or twice in the bathroom and then they are fine. We always take care of this person and keep em safe.

I'd say that your biggest problem is your neighbors. I have had really bad experiences with my gf's neighbors being friends with her parents -.-

Qft. They can call the cops on you and/or talk to your parents later on. No amount of Febreeze will cover them up ;)

summerpngwy6.jpg

[hide]

Oh yah, a few more tips:

we've never had a problem with that before, we usually only have one person who gets seriously drunk and they usually just throw up once or twice in the bathroom and then they are fine. We always take care of this person and keep em safe.
[/hide]

Oh, ok. Last time I went to a party one of my friend has like 13 beers, and he was all suicidal. I managed to take the knife out of his hand before he could do himself (or anybody else) any harm. Although after I took the knife away, he would talk about how he was to much of a [insert another word for sissy here] and couldn't do it. He also tried jumping in the deep end of a pool. And he wasn't any lightweight either. He's 200+ pounds. Then we put him in a room without anything dangerous, and came back to find he drank half a bottle of vodka. Then he passes out and we had to take him to the hospital.

Btw, I notice you changed your avatar.

I'd say that your biggest problem is your neighbors. I have had really bad experiences with my gf's neighbors being friends with her parents -.-

The people who live next door to the people who I was talking about above call the the police if the music is too loud at 8:30 at night, or if we jump on my friend's brother's trampoline at 11:00.