Tip.It has become RuneHQ!!

RayOxide

The problem with Tip.It Forums is not its maturity level (although it is pretty low. Who really thinks that it is mature to say "1337", "pl0x", and "kthnxbai"?). The problem with TIF is that no one on this board will trust any picture or opinion you post unless you have one of the following:

A) A high post count

B) Many well-known friends on Tip.It

C) A stunning amount of proof

Took the words out of my mouth of the OT. Unless you're a old-schooler, friends with old-schoolers, WoW'er, RS hater with high post count or old-schooler, or Bubsa, anything you say can and will be flamed, locked, ignored by the people I mentioned above. I bet a million dollars if I created the REAL LIFE PICTURES thread it would of been locked for spam. However, because Paperclips did it, someone who is friends with 'old-schoolers' of the OT, it lived.

I'm not sure whos ego is bigger: List of people's I wrote or your average RuneScape noob. Oh, I just insulted them bigtime with their hatred of RuneScape as well! Two n' one!

Hmm I agree. Also add to that list people with very long blogs in blogscape, but im not trying to hate.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i've noticed a small decrease in average maturity.(to many stupid 'Z0mg i didnt git wat i wanted 11!!!1one11!!!!!!1111elevenone) rants. but hey thats just one the things that is going to happen. As the pop of RS increases the maturity will seem to decrease because with more people your chances of running into a mature person decrease.

signature.png

When I first saw this thread I thought that Tip.It had ads for party hats and santas and selling gp and all that...whew, good thing that wasn't it...

It does... :?

Took the words out of my mouth of the OT. Unless you're a old-schooler, friends with old-schoolers, WoW'er, RS hater with high post count or old-schooler, or Bubsa, anything you say can and will be flamed, locked, ignored by the people I mentioned above. I bet a million dollars if I created the REAL LIFE PICTURES thread it would of been locked for spam. However, because Paperclips did it, someone who is friends with 'old-schoolers' of the OT, it lived.

Lmao. That's funny. =D>

Personally, I have no more discussion from this, since I've posted my frustration, so... Posts go on =p

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I don't think that Tip.it is nearly as sterile as RuneHQ, or I'd have never shown up here to rant my head off. But, I have a way to fix it.

First, define "mature" within yourself. Of course, using Merriam-Webster, we find it as having completed natural growth and development. Let me tell you that we don't stop maturing physically until we're 18 (or 20, depending on if you're male or not), and we won't stop maturing mentally. If you think you do, let me know what golden age it is that you can be called a good politician. :P

The stereotypical definition of being mature can be perceived as, "generally well-mannered, not one to yell at others, willing to help and/or guide [a player] along the way, or ready to thoroughly or analytically discuss matters [pertaining to in-game content, updates, et. al.] in an open forum. Of course, we'll expect one person in three-hundred to act a damn fool, but does that mean that the place is really all that bad? Sure, it gets worse when it snowballs, but calling them immature is something that one should do with tongue-in-cheek. Name-calling was something we did in grade school. The majority of us are teenagers or young adults (18+) now.

My solution to you is to simply take what displays of both random idiocy and immaturity you encounter here with a grain of salt. Sure, those people are acting foolish, but is the entire basket of apples ruined by one rotten one at the very bottom? [Above all, you dare compare said basket with that of RuneHQ's caliber?]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

[hide]

The problem with Tip.It Forums is not its maturity level (although it is pretty low. Who really thinks that it is mature to say "1337", "pl0x", and "kthnxbai"?). The problem with TIF is that no one on this board will trust any picture or opinion you post unless you have one of the following:

A) A high post count

I'm not sure whos ego is bigger: List of people's I wrote or your average RuneScape noob. Oh, I just insulted them bigtime with their hatred of RuneScape as well! Two n' one!

Hmm I agree. Also add to that list people with very long blogs in blogscape, but im not trying to hate.
[/hide]

Let me add those to the list then:

A) A high post count

D) Friends with Old Tipiters or an Old Tipiter yourself

E) Have a popular blog

i donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think it's changed all that much. i think your forgetting that you have probably matured a lot in the last year you have been here, so what once seemed mature to you now seems immature.

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

Even though I agree with RayOxide, it's no more than logical that the community happens to be immature.

The game Runescape is most popular with 10-15 year olds. Hence, the forums about the game attract that kind of public. Not much to be done about it, and something the other users can only accept. Or start a board of their own with strict entry rules.

As for Off-Topic, much as I love posting there, from time to time it derails into an in-crowd of people patting themselves on the back, pushing non-regulars out and telling each other how fabulous and awfully mature they are, while in fact, a rather big chunk of the discussions is very puerile for a twentysomething user like me. But, as I am a minority here, I accept that and don't participate in topics that don't interest me...

well, i for have not seen many immature ppl on tip it, mabey your too busy looking for the immature ppl that you dont notice all the mature ones

Well, I don't exactly go patrolling for immature people, though when you think about it, I know numerous Off-Topic'ers that are very mature. I will not mention any names. Except for one...

The game Runescape is most popular with 10-15 year olds. Hence, the forums about the game attract that kind of public. Not much to be done about it, and something the other users can only accept. Or start a board of their own with strict entry rules.

As for Off-Topic, much as I love posting there, from time to time it derails into an in-crowd of people patting themselves on the back, pushing non-regulars out and telling each other how fabulous and awfully mature they are, while in fact, a rather big chunk of the discussions is very puerile for a twentysomething user like me. But, as I am a minority here, I accept that and don't participate in topics that don't interest me...

I'm 13...

But I completely agree with you also, Sumpta. I would just like to know... If they're so immature, why are they attracted to Off-Topic, sometimes?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Oh, give it a year for the OT. This influx of immaturity into the General Board is having a slight time delay in it's movement towards the OT Board, but when it hits, it's gunna hit hella hard.

And I tend to agree Sumpta. Personally, the OT is becoming a little spammish as of recent :-k . Not immature, just... less intellectual, if you get what I'm saying. Maybe it's just 'cause all the intelligient people are tired of arguing the same dang things over and over :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Oh, give it a year for the OT. This influx of immaturity into the General Board is having a slight time delay in it's movement towards the OT Board, but when it hits, it's gunna hit hella hard.

And I tend to agree Sumpta. Personally, the OT is becoming a little spammish as of recent :-k . Not immature, just... less intellectual, if you get what I'm saying. Maybe it's just 'cause all the intelligient people are tired of arguing the same dang things over and over :-w .

The Off Topic forum has gone from things like "the bible" to "help me with [problem]" to a totally random random non-RS board. I think the same old debates and such just got old. I really like it, it always has new things that aren't questionairs and is not chock full of spam like this one:

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?23,24

I don't get it. Every time I type tipit into google, it keeps coming up with this site. I think you're wrong about tipit turning into runehq. :notalk:

Seriously though, I like to read these forums as it gives me a pretty good general idea of the maturity level I'll be facing ingame, and I do a lot of grinning and slow head-shaking believe me! ::'

Bring it on.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

The mod's here need to stop being so damn soft and do their jobs. People spam repeatedly without getting banned or having any serious action taken. Especially in the Off-Topic section, it's just ridiculous. I used to come here just to read what was in OT, now I don't even bother. All of the topics there are about news (which people can read themselves, no need to make a topic about it) or about religion (seriously tired of talking about it and seeing it). Most people have crappy grammar too, which makes it even worse.