SSBB Tourny 2! *EVERYONE READ PAGE 6 POST 8*

runescapeloser22

[hide=Round 1 Bracket]ssbbbracketbl3.png[/hide]

Deadline = Sunday, June 22nd at 5pm EST (10pm GMT)

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO MANOMAN FOR WINNING THE FIRST EVER TIP.IT SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL TOURNAMENT!

If you don't know what Super Smash Bros. is, where have you been living? It all started on the N64, with only like 8 characters. It then expanded onto Gamecube with Super Smash Bros. Melee, with loads more stuff then the N64 version. Now, on the Nintendo Wii system, the most epic, most anticipated, most awesomeest game of the year is coming to stores everywhere (I think :-w ) on March, 9th 2008!!!!

For the official website for Brawl, please visit this site. Now with DAILY updates!! For the official Tip.It Brawl DISCUSSION thread, Click Here.

marioandsonicinbrawl1kl5.jpg

To apply for this once in a lifetime tournament you need to post here, saying that you want to sign up, AND YOU MUST POST YOUR FRIEND CODE.

You find your friend code by going into the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection section in the game, then go under, "Friend's Roster". If it's your first time going into that section it also says it when you enter.

Here's how you should post:

0258-9945-9861 <--Friend Code

Scott <--5-Letter Name You'll Use

North America <--North America/Not North America

Current American Participants:

"Scott" (Runescapeloser22) - 0258-9945-9861

"Ark" (Lionheart_0) - 3050-7244-8287

"Mac" (Macmaster92) - 4940-5095-1296

"Jesse" (hellbellz) - 4382-1648-9615

"AJK" (ajk822) - 0216-0473-2813

"JJ" (jjrox32) - 1676-3374-9189

"Woody" ([bleep]erkid) - 3609-0690-6877

"RIKU" (riku3220) - 4725-7610-2537

"Logan" (kcdragon8116) - 5026-4110-1435

"Seer" (Seer) - 2878-9305-0986

"Brian" (B_Ryan20) - 0387-8435-9479

"Kite" (PSOfr33k) - 2835-9796-5102

"CAXIS" (Caxis) - 4253-3213-3657

"Maedi" (brandon1023) - 4339-2148-6331

"Nick" (demonreape2) - 2105-8374-4603

"DOM" (kalphiteman4) - 1976-9883-9274

"Who" (Manoman) - 0173-0985-7851

"Curt" (Screechingmu) - 2878-9327-2234

"Apath" (ReapMe) - 2964-8363-1508

"Drew" (beniscool218) - 0860-3009-8863

"Pop" (Alexpop11) - 1203-8895-0058

"Sam" (ShadowSam19) - 1676-3385-5955

"AND" (unknownmasterofnothing) - 0774-3938-3126

"Short" (Shortman422) - 0860-3099-7265

"agent" (agentbravo) - 2148-7984-4445

"Warr" (Warren211) - 5412-9587-2643

"Stan" (MoeSzyslak) - 1203-8890-2852

"Alex2" (Knex2) - 2525-3599-8212

"JJC" (gwasha) - 2664-1895-6670

"Kent" (Inuashakent) - 1289-8051-3217

"Crazy" (SS4Alex) - 2320-5801-2714

"PIE" (istolethepie) - 2578-2782-0487 (Dropped Out)

"Alex" (What980) - 0473-7486-1197 (Dropped Out)

"Conan" (Conan1001) - 3866-7739-2817 (Dropped Out)

"SOMA" (soma2035) - 2449-4332-7220 (Dropped Out)

"Clay" (Gotclay) - 5412-9645-9175 (Inactive)

rushrock - TBA

pikachu54673 - TBA

Misplacedme - TBA

Chocobodude0 - TBA

Current European Participants:

Jaziek - TBA

megakiller32 - TBA

Ginger_Warrior - TBA

Mc90123 - TBA

Potter_Pkr - TBA

PhaperPlane - TBA

zeddude - TBA

TBA means that person has not yet posted their friend code

You MUST add eachothers friend codes!!!

Rules

- Each round will be best of 5, with the first person to win 3 games proceeding.

- You must complete the round with the same character. However, you may change characters between opponents, if desired.

- A deadline will be set for each round of the tournament. If you can not get in contact with your opponent, ten he or she is disqualified. If you are able to contact each other but fail to complete the round by the deadline, a coin will be flipped to determine the winner.

- Each fight is a 5 stock, no time limit, 1 versus 1. Each player may select a stage from the list below, with the online stage randomization doing the rest.

Final Destination

Battlefield

- The results of the match must be posted on this thread or PMed to me.

- Failure to follow these rules may result in immediate elimination from the tournament.

RULE CLARIFICATION:

A round consists of ALL FIVE MATCHES played between you and your opponent. You may NOT change characters until those five matches are complete, or you or your opponent have won 3 matches, whereupon the match is over.

If you continually PM or post, searching for your opponent, but he/she does not respond, he/she is disqualified. However, if you are able to contact, but unable to find a suitable time, one or both of you may be disqualified (at my discretion).

Everyone give Fakeitormakeit, creator of the Tip.It discussion thread a HUGE cookie for thinking of the tournament and letting me make this post!!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd try contacting misplacedme about this. He's setting up something of his own in regards to SSBB, so maybe he might wanna help or something?

I'm in anyway, except I live in the EU so I'll be waiting longer than you for the game. :cry:

I'd try contacting misplacedme about this. He's setting up something of his own in regards to SSBB, so maybe he might wanna help or something?

I'm in anyway, except I live in the EU so I'll be waiting longer than you for the game. :cry:

Me too, but i'll get it when it's out.

Ginger: True, by all means organize it here - then (assuming mpm and his team get the ladder completed) the TIF tourny can be run through that if runescapeloser22 and/or fakeitormakeit feel like it has to.

The origanal had 12 characters, with only 8 availible from the start

And you should all join my team that has a few people from the nintendo forums, here is a sig

teambrawl.png

[img=http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa56/lavamage/teambrawl.png]

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Will love to take part in this tournment. However I am in England so thus the game wont be released here until early 2008. Oh well, I still got Pokemon and eventually Mario Galaxy until Brawl is released.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

count me in for this. i'll get my code sometime.....when i remember lol

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

And you should all join my team that has a few people from the nintendo forums, here is a sig

teambrawl.png

Off-topic slightly, but aren't the Nintendo official US forums closing down? I go on there if I need help with The GIMP (some truly inspirational tutorials there), and it has a message at the moment saying the NSider forums are gonna be removed from public display on Monday.

teambrawl.png

Off-topic slightly, but aren't the Nintendo official US forums closing down? I go on there if I need help with The GIMP (some truly inspirational tutorials there), and it has a message at the moment saying the NSider forums are gonna be removed from public display on Monday.

Yup. Right now all the topics are locked, but you can still read them. They'll disappear on Monday.

p2gq.jpg

so is brawl using the wii console number or a seperate friend code. Also isn't online play only between regions.

Brawl is using a system where you "add" someones Console Number as a friend, then you chose "With Friends" and you invite your friend into a match. And since EU gets it in early 2008 (Probably mid January, early February), we'll have a mini-tournament with only the US players when it comes out, then later a tournament with EU and US.

TO EVERYONE WHO SAID THEY'LL POST THEIR CODE LATER, DON'T FORGET!! :lol:

That system should give you a chance to just test out the tournament's organisation and structure before jumping straight into the big thing, so that sounds like a good idea to me.

And I'll post my Wii number thing when I next get on the Wii. Which should be after United vs. Chelsea finish. :P

*reserved for friend code*

And yeah, Nintendo is awful at translating their games. Sure, there's a lot of different languages they'd have to make trqanslations on, but come, it's Smash; it's not exactly a 40-hour story-heavy RPG. Yeesh, get on the ball Nintendo, are European friends deserve the game the same time we do. <.<

*reserved for friend code*

And yeah, Nintendo is awful at translating their games. Sure, there's a lot of different languages they'd have to make trqanslations on, but come, it's Smash; it's not exactly a 40-hour story-heavy RPG. Yeesh, get on the ball Nintendo, are European friends deserve the game the same time we do. <.<

Their excuse isn't actually translating. When the Wiis weren't getting on the shelves in time for Xmas last year, their excuse was a problem in that canal that runs through Saudi Arabia (Sluice Canal or something like that).

I don't understand why they don't build a factory and just submit the data over the Internet personally... or maybe it'd get hacked on the way or something? But anyways, that's their official line.

Above all else, if it is translating, why can't the UK just have the American version with a few tweeked words here and there and then the rest of Europe can have a later release date, or they can import it through NoE if they speak English? It's the same language, only things like 'noob' don't appear in the EU versions.

Take it from a VIP 24:7 member on Nintendo of Europe's website... Nintendo have always treated Europe second-rate, except for when we got the DS first.