Close Encounters With The Famous Kind.

Craiglowery

I've seen many very famous people. Prince Andrew a few times, Sir David Attenborough came to my school. When I was younger I bet a famous illustrator who drew a lot like Quentin Blake, can't remember his name... I've met quite a few other authors. I've seen the ex-Chelsea Player Arjen Robben many times as he lived next to my grandad up until recently, when he transferred he moved almost straight away to Spain. I've also seen Ian Wright (ex-football, now appears on TV a lot) quite a lot as his son goes to my school.

sig5235ro7.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Mike Hart at a party at the University of Michigan. He was bumpin' and grindin' with some chicks. I talked to his friend and asked if that was him (it was dark), and he gave some lame name and tried to cover it up. I got closer and it was definitely Mike Hart. Him and Alan Branch (i think) were at Chi Phi during welcome week. It was awesome.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

I met, shook hands, and talked with Doug Mientkiewicz (New York Yankees 1st Basemen), Julio Lugo (Boston Red Sox Shortstop), Kevin Youkilis (Boston Red Sox Third Basemen), Joba Chamberlain (New York Yankees Pitcher), and Dustin Pedroia (Boston Red Sox 2nd Basemen).

All at the 9/25 Red Sox vs. Yankees game :D

EDIT: Oh, I also met Dennis Eckersley (Baseball Hall-Of-Famer) once and see him a lot, as he lives in my town and goes to my local supermarket a lot :)

I met Sway (UK garage artist), Amerie, Kano (UK Garage Artist), Nathan (some Uk guy again), Jazzy Jeff, Some loser from Busted asked me for my number, some other loser from Blue who got a pair of toy binoculars thrown at him in which he proceeded to cry, Harry Hill, Minty from Eastenders, Stingray from Neighbours, bare other rock bands but I don't know who they were. I am strictly reggae, rock does not agree with me. Yeah I meet basically Z-list.

Comes from working at SU bar and my ex being a DJ.

Did you touch amerie's butt if yes what did it feel like please describe

wwidas6.jpg

Not much really. But Chad Johnson came to our pep rally for a varsity football tournament game 8-) And I've seen RHCP in concert.

(Chad Johnson is an NFL player, f̮̼̉̉tbol americano.)

p2gq.jpg

Well, Ive met Lance Armstrong in a drugstore before, he was in line in front of us and the clerk was amazed when she read his credit card. Ive also met Neil Armstrong at the party for the naming of a building after him at Purdue university. I also saw Keith Richards at a restaurant in Toronto once.

So lots of Armstrong's.

Hmm, famous...

Well, I met Angela Gossow <3: from Arch Enemy after one of their concerts

Pic%20of%20Angela%20Gossow

I think I have to hate you now. I plan on staying behind after the Black Crusade in Manchester, it'd be brilliant to meet her/ Mike Ammot/ Rob Flynn of Machine Head or maybe the Trivium guys.

I'm planning on doing the same, but for the Birmingham show.

Hmm..met the guys from Ill Nino, they were walking about the town before they played..also know SpeedTheory, an up and coming metal band from the Midlands..

I met Sway (UK garage artist), Amerie, Kano (UK Garage Artist), Nathan (some Uk guy again), Jazzy Jeff, Some loser from Busted asked me for my number, some other loser from Blue who got a pair of toy binoculars thrown at him in which he proceeded to cry, Harry Hill, Minty from Eastenders, Stingray from Neighbours, bare other rock bands but I don't know who they were. I am strictly reggae, rock does not agree with me. Yeah I meet basically Z-list.

Comes from working at SU bar and my ex being a DJ.

Did you touch amerie's butt if yes what did it feel like please describe

Ooo. I'd like to rub vaseline all over her hiney and tell her that it's special and different from everyone elses.

uhm, hmm...

I saw neil armstrong one time giving a speech somewhere, and alan arkson (sp) is like my grandmothers 2cnd cousin.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I lived next door to Matt Damon's mom until I was 10.

He visited sometimes, so they had to build a high wooden fence to keep out reporters, but she (the mom) taught me how to get into their yard because she was cool =)

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I met, shook hands, and talked with Doug Mientkiewicz (New York Yankees 1st Basemen), Julio Lugo (Boston Red Sox Shortstop), Kevin Youkilis (Boston Red Sox Third Basemen), Joba Chamberlain (New York Yankees Pitcher), and Dustin Pedroia (Boston Red Sox 2nd Basemen).

All at the 9/25 Red Sox vs. Yankees game :D

EDIT: Oh, I also met Dennis Eckersley (Baseball Hall-Of-Famer) once and see him a lot, as he lives in my town and goes to my local supermarket a lot :)

Kevin Youlkillis is a first basemen.

And you call yourself a Red Sox fan... :shame:

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

nobody at all. nada .zip. zero. oh well but my time will come..hopefully

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

Justin Chancellor from Tool, Andy Powell from Wishbone Ash, Roger Glover and Ritchie Blackmore from Deep Purple/Rainbow/etc. Most recently I met Andy Gorham at the airport.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

my uncle is rowan atkinson aka mr bean

no joke.

:shock: :shock: :shock: YOUR UNCLE IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Bob Weir (meet and greet at a concert with signed guitar), Bill Clinton & Arnold Schwarzenegger came to my school in like... 1993, my brother smoked with 311 at a concert over the summer :shock:, Neil Peart (another meet and greet over the summer), my dad is really good friends with Wags & Elliot (really popular radio dudes around here)its how I get so many concert tickets, my neighbor was Maggie Grace until like 2001

I've probably met more people, just don't remember :oops:

Roger Glover and Ritchie Blackmore

Wooow, where'd you get to meet them at?

Last year my friend was visiting from another state, so he had to fly back home and in the airport, up walks Franco Harris (the Legendary Steeler). It turns out that he was riding on the same plane as my friend, and once they got off the flight my friend got Franco's autograph on his plane ticket :XD: .

And i'm good friends with Aaron Smith of the Steelers, got my 360 from him back a month after they came out. Really nice guy.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I've met and shook hands with...Mr. T.

Win.[/thread]

Sadly, it was back in the mid 90's when he was having a lot of trouble with his cancer (ironically, T-Cell cancer) so he wasn't wearing any gold and looked considerably older than he does now.

I should also mention that Chandra West stole my taxi in San Diego 4 years ago. I'd be offended, if she wasn't so hot. I mean, the queen of B-movies!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Met Prince Philip and Gordon Ramsay at a DOE award ceremony.

Met a few other semi-famous people in Scotland too, like Di ck Campbell who came into my work the other day.

sig2ho7.jpg