mining soft clay made easy

Vincent

Introduction:

Soft clay is used for pottery and other things but with the addition of player owned houses soft clay is highly desired for making teletabs for use when on ancient or lunar magic or for general uses such as abyss runecrafting and barrows. Want a use for the sapphires you've accumulated in your bank? make sapphire bracelets.

New method added: use several combat bracelets to teleport to the champion's guild. mine the clay there and bank using a glory amulet. equip the bracelet of clay for mining. drop 1 soft clay, mine your last soft clay, equip the combat bracelet. pick up the soft clay you dropped. bank using the glory or bank at warrior guild with combat bracelet teleport.

And another method: the balloons you can take to the crafting guild after you've done enlightened journey. bank at castle wars with a dueling ring. you will need logs to take the balloons.

Method:

Teleport to the crafting guild, mine 28 soft clay, teleport to castle wars and repeat. For my method you will need at least 4 skills necklaces, the more you have the better, if you dont have at least 4 it will be much more difficult. you will also need a large number of dueling rings as well as enchanted sapphire bracelets. any other method will require more walking or dropping of a soft clay; the idea is to make full use of the sapphire bracelets ability and mine a full inventory of soft clay. for the crafting guild you are required to wear a brown apron thus eliminating the possibility of using the cooking guild to bank; as well if you dont use a skills necklace you will not be able to teleport to the crafting guild. so to bank use dueling rings and bank at castle wars. there are 2 good spots for clay at the guild; if they're both full, change worlds.

the red x's are the best places to stand when mining. spotsir9.jpg

Inventory:

Here is what your worn equipment should look like: cape optional boots optional; enchanted sapphire bracelet, brown apron, skills necklace, dueling ring, pickaxe required. and an empty inventory.

inventoryly6.jpg

emptyinvjf5.jpg

Tips: put the soft clay and dueling rings and sapphire bracelets at the bottom of your bank so that when you bank that section will come up; you may also put charged and uncharged skills necklaces at the bottom of your bank for the same reason.

For collecting gems to make into bracelets and dueling rings: you can use the safes in Rogues Den if you have 50 thieving. another way is to mine gem rocks in shilo village; completing shilo village quest is required for that, 2 mines if you have karajama gloves3. other ways are random events and mining. wear a charged glory amulet to increase your chance of mining a gem or to increase your speed while mining gem rocks.

Closing Comments: To recharge your skills necklaces or combat bracelets either teleport to ardougne and walk to the legends guild or use the fairy rings at edgeville and the code blr for legends guild. legends quest completion required to recharge the necklaces yourself. This method is mainly used for collecting soft clay but can be altered for any other uses you have for the crafting guild such as mining gold and silver or tanning hides etc. there's also a spinning wheel upstairs. for things like spinning or tanning hides you may want to sacrifice 1 spot for a glory amulet and easy teleport to edge or draynor bank. the guide is not hugely complicated and this method makes mining soft clay a breeze.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Nice guide, but you could one thing: If you get a gem and you want to keep it, it's best to mine an extra clay and drop one, so that you won't have a bracelet with only 1 charge left.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

An interesting read. I also have another thought. If you wanted to accumulate a lot of Braces with 2 charges left on 'em :lol: you could do Enlightened Journey and bring the correct logs/a tinderbox and use the rocks by the Crafting Guild and Castle Wars. Might want to look into this :wink:.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

the method i'm using saves you the hassle of carrying logs and dropping soft clay etc. no need for payment for balloons. although if someone wanted a cheap way to make soft clay, all mine costs is dueling rings and clay bracelets, but even cheaper would be to take the balloons and bank at cw. then after you've collected all your clay, go to shanty pass and buy jugs of water and make the soft clay. my method makes use of the clay bracelet with no wasted time and if you try this method it's very fast and efficient.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

i remember following this technique some time ago and this high level (relative to me) was asking what teleport i was using since it went so fast, yeah, it made me feel good

anyways, on to my suggestion:

since your staying in one place while you're mining all the clay, you don't need to wear a spottier cape, your energy should easily catch up with the little running you are doing

instead, wear ava's attractor/accumulator for free arrows, just be sure to drop the non-arrow stuff

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

i dont know how much gp you can make per hour. if someone wants to find out how many soft clay is possible in an hour that'd be great. i looked on the rs forum and 350 per soft clay is generally the selling price. it's interesting because rich rich people cannot be bothered to mine clay; and they buy in the k's so, yeah you could earn some money with this if you like doing it. or you could make into tablets and sell.

a trick for making tablets is to note your soft clay and use your butler to unnote. take coins and the noted soft clay and the runes you need and you're set.

i mine soft clay for my own use but there is definately a market for them in the Construction forum on runescape official forums.

Good Guide

Clay/hour?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

bumping this old guide for the people that havent seen it. you could argue that mining clay isnt worthy of your time but you'd be surprised. the bracelet of clay does half the work for you. you will mine soft clay; how cool is that? also good for training crafting at the guild.

i'm wonderign if jagex will ever make a use for pot lids besides their use in quests. in the meantime, soft clay is best used for teletablets. ::'