How do you introduce people to the game?

Nopheo

I have played for idk over 4 years now and I have had friends start and quit. I was wondering. How do you think is the best way to start someone into the game?

I have just let them do their own thing.

Went to where they are whenever we are both on.

Given them lots of advice they didn't understand.

Given them items they did not appreciate.

I have a friend who still plays that I helped get a really good mage/range pure.

My brother showed interest in playing and I am trying to carefully choose an approach.

So What do YOU think?

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

IMO you can't talk someone into playing and enjoying Runescape. They either want to on their own from the beginning or they're just putting up an act because you asked them to *try it*.

I am the only person I know irl who plays Runescape, and only 2 other people actually know that I play Runescape. And in all frankness I'd like to keep it that way. ;P

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

So What do YOU think?

Please don't capitalise the You bit.

However, I think the best way for someone to introduce the game is to describe the things you can do in F2P and members, then just let them create their own account. I think that it's hard to understand what RS is about until you've played it.

Also insure them of the RS Rules lol.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

I don't know a single person in real life who also plays Runescape.

I have mentioned and recommended it to a few mates, but only one has joined and since quit.

Anyway, I started him off by recommending a few skills to work on and gave him a guided tour. I then gave him some start up cash (about 100k i think). He only stuck the game for a few weeks to be honest, so maybe my advise isn't very good lol.

Harrington.gif

Ive had friends that have played the game and quit. I have a while back showed RS to a friend, and he took to the game a fish to water. I gave him some advice,5k, and full iron. Told him you can do whatever you want to do. 3 days later i check on him... 33k in bank and 30+ fishing cooking and wood cutting... may not be the best way to show people how to play runescape, but thats how i did it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

i go to lumbridge and say when someone spawns.

hi welcome to runescape the world under rule by giant ants :)

they log out 2 seconds later hehe \'

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

This is what I did the other day. My friend on msn; I just said; http://www.runescape.com (in a link), then I said, if you play then I'll start you off (give him free stuff). Thats basically what I do :P

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

IMO you can't talk someone into playing and enjoying Runescape. They either want to on their own from the beginning or they're just putting up an act because you asked them to *try it*.

I am the only person I know irl who plays Runescape, and only 2 other people actually know that I play Runescape. And in all frankness I'd like to keep it that way. ;P

Agreed that I like to keep things like RuneScape to myself, but I was introduced to it by some of my ex-friends that I now hate, I told two of my other friends about it and they both quiet but sometimes one of them still logs on to see whats changed.

This reminds me of something that happened yesterday in class: I was quietly doing stuff on the PC during a lecture while the guy next to me said, "So you play Runescape?". I was like, "How did you know? o_O;" and he was like "What's your level?"... The chat went on for a while. XD

People join particular games for one main reason: Friends. It was friends that got me into Runescape in the first place and I get friends to play after they see me play it. It's gaining quite the popularity here. :-$

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Show him all my stuff and tell him he can have it just like i have it if does(insert money making way).

Then give him a set of Full Iron+rune andmake he train towards the rune.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I have introduced friends in the past, who have all played for a couple of weeks and quit.

All they did waas train combat with the armour, food and money i supplied! :x

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Ok, the first stage of getting him interested is letting him do it on his own.

To him runescape is probably just "another game." To most dedicated runescapers who play, they have discovered it is far beyond that and have loved and played the game. You have to give him time on his own to see if he likes the 'feel' of the game or not. Never try to force anything on him at this stage; if you feel you want to say something don't use a forceful manner.

For example, you wouldn't want to say something like "Hey you should stop killing men! I know a better way to get money!" They usually aren't doing it for pure profit, rather just exploring the game. I suppose you could call the first stage "exploration."

Once he's past this stage(usually when he knows his way around f2p runescape without looking at the map at all), he should have a good understanding of runescape. Only then can you spill all the secrets of runescape; high level armor, high level weapons, super hard quests, awesome rewards, cool minigames.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

You can't introduce them, they have to find it on their own, and choose the 'create a new account' all on their own. If not, the chances they will actually play, and be dedicated are like 1 in 10.

I know no one in real life who plays, though over the years, I've known several who've started then quit. Only like 8 people know I play Rs, so I wouldn't introduce it to anyone.

Though if a new player asked me stuff, I'd help them. =/

Well this is my experience for when I was introduced. My boyfriend told me to join for some reason and I was like "ew this game has horrible graphics" but i kept going on it just to talk to him and stuff. Eventually, I just wanted to become better than him, and I did ( he was like level 20-30) and by then I already liked the game a lot. Even if I was still killing goblins for training lol. So maybe something that appeals to the competitive side of us all. but if it weren't for friends I doubt that many people would stay.

p5hngmeawy19.png