Whats the Profitable Part of high lvled <skill>?

nicrune007

If you are talking about lvl 90+

Smithing

Crafting

Farming

Herblore

which is the best?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Smithing

Crafting

Farmng

Herblore

which is the best?

Hmmm, I'll just explain how you can profit from these skills, high leveled or not.

Smithing - Smelting your own iron and making iron knives (if you smelt the bars yourself, you'll profit; buy the bars and you'll lose a tiny bit), smithing cannonballs from steel bars, or making rune items at 85+. Only some of the rune items will yield you profit though, it can be hard unless you know what you're doing.

Crafting - Really the only way to profit besides making bow strings would be to make jewelry if you can buy everything cheaper than you can sell. This would work with glories and furies, things like that. It's hard to profit in crafting.

Farming - You really can't profit from farming trees. You can however profit very well from herbs and some of the allotment and flower (limpwurt) seeds. If you were to plant 4 or 5 ranarr or snapdragon seeds every 75 minutes, and played 5 hours a day, you can easily yield a couple hundred thousand profit, without much work.

Herblore - Honestly, the only way to profit would be making super sets. It's hard with this skill as well.

I would say planting herbs while smithing would be the best.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Hmm smithing should be the best is it?

nope, dont think so anything u smelt/smith = loss of profit, unless im worng..

What if i got 99 smithing?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Smithing yeilds High profit only if you have the 85 mining to go with it to mine your own rune. Other wise rune ore/bars are very expensive.

It shoudl be noted that cannonballs are about 4 times slower to smelt than other things, so while you can turn a profit with them buying the bars (the only way to profit from steel I think), it will take a long time.

They're all very valuable skills.

Smithing-cannonballs, knives, arrows, and other such things are useful.

Crafting- Black dragonhide sets :o :o :o Incredibly good. 24k for 6 dragonhides, and you can sell them for 30k each relatively easily. And the occasional fury sale is nice ;)

Herblore- High leveled potions like super restores and Saradomin Brews sell well :)

Farming- Unless combined with Herblore, Farming is relatively worthless-profitwise, at least.

Have fun :)

CraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCrafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Farming- Unless combined with Herblore, Farming is relatively worthless-profitwise, at least.

Have fun :)

CraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCraftingCrafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, going to have to disagree with you here. 1 ranarr seed = 30k, average yield of planting the seed is around 6, so 6x8 = 48k. 48k-30k = 18k profit per ranarr planted. Similar profits from snaps too.

chumley.png

People always say oh smithing always = loses

The fact of the matter is this: GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND DO THE WORK YOURSELF, that way you get far more xp and make pure profit. Just because buying in ores to smith makes a lose doesn't mean it isn't a profitable skill for thoose who aren't lazy.

This wasn't directed at thread maker,more certain repliers.

Anyway for money making.

Cannonballs work quite well with smithing for money.

Crafting can make money if you kill black or blue drags to make the armours, or dstone/onyx jewellery is good money if you have the stones.

Farming herbs make good profits largely, as longas u get expensive herbs (eg rannar) and get a gd yeild per patch.

Herblore is hard to make profits, unless u farm your own herbs and seconds

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hmm crafting sounds good.. i DONT want to get the mats myself..

just need to get more opinions

twss.jpg

Farming - You really can't profit from farming trees. You can however profit very well from herbs and some of the allotment and flower (limpwurt) seeds. If you were to plant 4 or 5 ranarr or snapdragon seeds every 75 minutes, and played 5 hours a day, you can easily yield a couple hundred thousand profit, without much work.

You can get a profit from fruit trees (coconuts are 2k ea)

You can get a profit from fruit trees (coconuts are 2k ea)

How long does it respawn?

twss.jpg

These skills are used to spend money on more than get money from.

99 smithing is not a big moneymaker either, it use to be but the times have changed. It's not of much use in the way of money. The big moneymaking skill now is runecrafting.

Of the skills you mentioned, however, farming is interesting because you can work on other skills while your plants grow. So it's a bit of an add-on to other moneymaking methods.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

How about rune knives.. rune axe .. are they good money makers?

And full black dhides.. are they high in demand?

Also how many cocnut tree can i plant and how fast do they respawn?

Lastly any high lvl potion which will bring profit.

twss.jpg

I'm pretty sure that sara brews are expensive, and super sets probably are, too. but I sadly don't know the selling or material prices :( Anti-dragonfire potions take level 65 or so(I think) and they sell for around 3kea. I don't know the material prices, though.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

With Sara Brews you will lose money, no doubt. They're roughly 2.5k each and the materials for them are around 3-3.5k I think. The only way to profit with Herblore is sell some of the pking potions higher than normal to pkers, but it takes forever to sell. So it's extremely hard to profit off of this.

And with Farming, you maybe able to profit off of picking coconuts, but they take a long time to respawn and you have to pick 40 from each tree just to break even. Palm Tree Seeds cost roughly 80k each (what Farmers buy at) and 80k/2k = 40 coconuts. So I wouldn't recommend this method... Plus you could plant a number of more fruit trees in that time so you're just losing xp really. Herb planting is the way to go to profit from Farming.

Smithing will only yield profit if you make cannonballs or knives really, or maybe an efficient rune shop on the forums at really high levels, but you have to know what you're doing. I'd recommend either making cannonballs from steel bars or smelt iron ores and smith knives from them. These methods maybe slower, but they yield profit.

And lastly, I forgot about making armor for Crafting. Yes you can end up making a lot of profit after selling 50 red dragonhide sets on the forums for a couple of days... But it's kind of hard. I'd suggest once you get to 84 Crafting to make a Crafting store where you sell everything and have a price for everything. You could also switch it up and say they can bring you hides and you'll make things for them. Or whatever, but this and jewelry is the only way to profit from Crafting really. If you get it down right and don't mind getting slower xp (you could technically have a shop going while doing something else like FMing or WCing (something close to a bank)), then you can profit easily.

Hope a few contradictions to people's responses and a bit more information will help.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

How about rune knives.. rune axe .. are they good money makers?

une knives are around 2.5k each, rune bars 14k each, you lose money. Rune axe ain't good since not that high in demand and people don't buy them in bulk.

And full black dhides.. are they high in demand?

Rcers would want them, but again its a buy and use like rune axe, so people don't buy in bulk.

Also how many cocnut tree can i plant and how fast do they respawn?

Total of 4 fruit tree patches, each fruit takes 30-45 mins to respawn.

Lastly any high lvl potion which will bring profit.
Most potions can beprofitable if you use farming (in seeds) to bring down herb cost so total cost of potion for you falls below street price. Doing it this way is rather long term though.

Like solidus said, these skills aren't good moneymakers.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Hmm then whats the point of training these skils lol..

ANyways which is the best?

twss.jpg

I think master_smither said in one post that he made 500k an hour smithing full sets of rune.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

well, a lot of good ideas were said here, and i agree with them all. there are ways to use those skills to make money indirectly. for example, smith steel bars to cannon balls and go to the dags. there is a chance that you could get a lot of really good herb seeds there to use for farming. from there, use those herbs into potions and either use those or sell those. i cant think of a way to use crafting as a great money maker though. if you can get cheap enough green hides and p ess, you could craft nats and bodies and alch those. again, not direct, but is still profit.

a different skill you could try is rc. at 91, as you probably know, you can craft double nats. that is an easy 600k+ per hour.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

I think master_smither said in one post that he made 500k an hour smithing full sets of rune.

Really?

with his own bars or what?

twss.jpg

That is really impossible. Full sets of rune consists of 13 bars, assuming bars at 14k each, using his own bars would cost 182k, a profit of 3k per set assuming each set to sell for 185k. :?

500k profit/hr is like selling 167 sets of rune in one hour, that's 2171 bars. What's more you can almost hardly buy a big bulk of rune bars from RSOF.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.