good assignments bad assignments, what are the odds?

Star_Fox

ok before you rush into flaming, im just ranting about how the system is treating me. im on a 85 slayer rush and i've burthroped over 20 assignments

before getting brine rats which was a satisfying task that ended the streak. the 20 burthroped assignments, 14 of them were metal drag related so im concluding that these assignments are a lot more common then other assignments, so im asking why are they making these assignments more common when most players burthropes them? i should expect a fair amount of tasks as much as other assignments. i've also noticed that im getting more kalphites and warped assignments way more then fire giants. i've only gotten one of them out the 10+ warped and kalphites. is jagex purposely doing this to prevent 85 slayers from overpopulating? my biggest theory is sheer luck. i dont understand that how many amount of these assignments i get when only a very few assignments that i satisfy.

suggestions on slayer masters would be nice, im using Duradel atm.

It seems to me that every now and then the slayer masters just like to pick some random monster and stick em to the people for a bit. It was Black Demons constantly for a while back

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Someone Jagex stated they were switching up the Assignments abit and making stuff more common so I guess thats why.

But which master do you use?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You're using Duradel, who is supposed to be challenging for the high level player (100+). Jagex' way of handling that is obviously giving out tasks to kill high level monsters.

You don't say why you don't like doing the dragon tasks: are they too challenging (doubt that), not worth the effort (for 15 steel drags), not quick enough xp?

In my experience, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me, is that after you do one dragon task, you won't get them for a while. Or, try Chealdar the elf for a bit, maybe those tasks suit you better (level 67 lunar spell highly recommended).

DutchDreams.png

I'm mad at them too.. today tasks:

1st. 130+ harpie bugs

2nd. 160+ cave horrors

3rd. 130+ jungle horrors, burthorped for some ice fiends.

4th. 160+ cave horrors.

5th. ???

AND I HATE CAVE HORRORS

VIX VIX VIX

Yeah, I have been getting some tough assignments. I got a Turoth task and Burthorped it, the got another Turoth task and Burthorped again. Then I got a Shadow Warrior task. Remember though, you will never get the same assignment twice in a row, so if you get a task you like, go to Burthorpe for another one then go back to the other Slayer master and you could get the good task again.

Babyshambles.png

1st. 130+ harpie bugs

2nd. 160+ cave horrors

4th. 160+ cave horrors.

5th. ???

AND I HATE CAVE HORRORS

tip: black dhide and high def imo

ontopic: to you they may be bad but to others they're good.

wow..i dumped vannaka because i got 3 consecutive 110 bronze dragons :shock: so i got chalader or whatever :oops: and i got 172 basilisks 8-)

Nah, even chaeldar doesn't give that much.. and i think max dragons vannaka gives is green not sure tho.. but still can't be 110

VIX VIX VIX

That does sound pretty sucky...

Off Topic: Addysal whip, weren't your account deleted or something like you menshend (sp?) on another topic?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Off Topic: Addysal whip, weren't your account deleted or something like you menshend (sp?) on another topic?

good ol albosky managed to recover it. he collapsed my pms, posts, and topics all into this profile. so im good to post again. :thumbsup:

1st. 130+ harpie bugs

2nd. 160+ cave horrors

4th. 160+ cave horrors.

5th. ???

AND I HATE CAVE HORRORS

tip: black dhide and high def imo

ontopic: to you they may be bad but to others they're good.

i have d hides on.. BUT when i start healing with guths it occurs only per 3 kills.. >_<

VIX VIX VIX

good ol albosky managed to recover it. he collapsed my pms, posts, and topics all into this profile. so im good to post again. :thumbsup:

That's great! :) Good ol' tip it mods. I'm glad your account wasn't deleted :wink: Good luck on getting 85 slayer m8.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

You Burthorpe Kalphites :shock:. You're not really on a Slayer rush then because if you were, you would be cannoning Kalphite Soldiers. I skip them now too because I'm not in a rush for Slayer exp. But for both my 85 and 90 rushes, I cannoned almost anything I could. It paid off too, I got from 70k away from 83 to 85 in only 8 days and from about halfway between 88 and 89 to 90 in a week.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Kalphites are very good experience.

1st. 130+ harpie bugs

2nd. 160+ cave horrors

4th. 160+ cave horrors.

5th. ???

Thats quite interesting because the only task that annoys me there is jungle horrors (I do them occasionally though)

A tip for the guth healing if you're getting hit to much by the horrors is to heal on the bats, another tip is to take a lobby as emergency food.

And it's quite interesting how yo had 14 metal dragon tasks, because since I decided to do iron dragons because of some antifires I have and the posibility of a visage drop I've only gotten one iron task out of about 30-50 other tasks.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Mmyeah, seems to me you're being slightly picky.

No kalphites (fast + great xp), no harpie bugs (ultra fast), no cave horrors, no metal dragons,... What monsters do you like? Seems to me you're not fully appreciating the skill and just want access to abyssal whips :shame:.

Mmyeah, seems to me you're being slightly picky.

No kalphites (fast + great xp), no harpie bugs (ultra fast), no cave horrors, no metal dragons,... What monsters do you like? Seems to me you're not fully appreciating the skill and just want access to abyssal whips :shame:.

I dislike getting to kalphites :/

and i like harpie bugs. metals aren't good imo.

i mostly kill the little lvl kalphites.. but sigh *back to 99 rc*

ps, i like most of tasks. only cae horrors are getting boring, 1stly i liked them

VIX VIX VIX

The best way to handle the frustrating tasks from Duradel is to learn to do them.

for instance, I now do Iron Dragons (which accounts for 50% of the dragon tasks). I also do the Dark Beasts and Zygomites (because doing them is actually quicker than having to Bunthorpe)

I know it's too late for you, but I have intentionally avoided doing the new quest so that I wouldn't unlock the new Warped monsters. I only wish I'd thought of that before I did Mourning Ends 2 and unlocked Dark Beasts (which I get really often)

Jungle Horrors, Steel Dragons, and Black dragons are the main ones that I skip.

I've gotta say though... Slaying would be made too easy if any further adjustments were made. I like it the way it is, and hope Jagex don't tinker with it too much futher.

Harrington.gif

The best way to handle the frustrating tasks from Duradel is to learn to do them.

for instance, I now do Iron Dragons (which accounts for 50% of the dragon tasks). I also do the Dark Beasts and Zygomites (because doing them is actually quicker than having to Bunthorpe)

I know it's too late for you, but I have intentionally avoided doing the new quest so that I wouldn't unlock the new Warped monsters. I only wish I'd thought of that before I did Mourning Ends 2 and unlocked Dark Beasts (which I get really often)

Jungle Horrors, Steel Dragons, and Black dragons are the main ones that I skip.

I've gotta say though... Slaying would be made too easy if any further adjustments were made. I like it the way it is, and hope Jagex don't tinker with it too much futher.

Well said, well said.

Personally, I like slayer the way it is. I just do like harrington; actually do the assignments my masters give me. Consider this: All that time you are burthroping assignments, you could have gotten some great slayer experience from the first monster durael assigned you.

Slayer, I think, was meant to be hard and annoying to train. The good side of slayer, though, is that at higher levels you can fight better monsters with considerably better drops(abyssal demons, dark beasts, ect.).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

The only way to enjoy Slayer and train it efficiently is to find something positive about every task and an efficient way to kill them. Obviously that's a lot easier to do with some over others, but just use your imagination. If you just want to mindlessly kill the same monsters that you choose over and over, than don't do Slayer.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done