Does RuneScape needs 1000+ lvl monsters?

the_murder21

We need a monster that goes through prayer, drains prayer, goes through armour, and hits up to 85s, on multiple opponents.

Could turn food into rotten food, after an attack, regains hp, has 3 lives, and could possibly take 5 trips to kill it.

Reward?

That you killed it.

That's what most of us want to see, we really don't care about the drop, we want something we can't kill, to test our limits. If no one could kill it in one trip, there would be competitions to kill it in multiple trips, who could kill it in the least amount of trips?

And finally the person who comes the closest to soloing the beast would get a lot of fame, which a lot of people would chase after.

Luck, and skill would be the only things that matter if a monster like that was implemented. ^_^

I like that :D , but it should be placed for a quest with a good reward tho i mean like 4-5 items kept every time u die accept safe places :-k

The+Murder21.png

Masters jadder The Murder21 Vids:

Jad + rubber chicken = fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1EpLely_Q

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would make a new minigame. Something that you need to do with 5 players:

There is a dungeon with 5 different tunnels, and each player must take one. The first tunnels needs to be done with Melee, the second with Ranged, the third with Mage and so on. Each tunnel has it's own monsters and at the end of each tunnel, the player needs to defeat the "boss" of that way. Once the player did that, he'll get an item from the boss. When he took that item, a door will open leading to another room where the players meet each other again. That room has only one door, to open it each player must use their "boss item" on the door. Once the door opened, they have completed the minigame and they'll receive a rare item :D

Like I said, it won't become an easy minigame, each boss has the same level of the God Wars Bosses (I don't know their levels, since I've never been P2P <3: )

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

There is a dungeon with 5 different tunnels, and each player must take one. The first tunnels needs to be done with Melee, the second with Ranged, the third with Mage and so on. Each tunnel has it's own monsters and at the end of each tunnel, the player needs to defeat the "boss" of that way. Once the player did that, he'll get an item from the boss. When he took that item, a door will open leading to another room where the players meet each other again. That room has only one door, to open it each player must use their "boss item" on the door. Once the door opened, they have completed the minigame and they'll receive a rare item :D

Like I said, it won't become an easy minigame, each boss has the same level of the God Wars Bosses (I don't know their levels, since I've never been P2P <3: )

I like that, but they need to be a bit stronger then god wars bosses :P

The+Murder21.png

i have a pretty simple answer...NO!

jad is the strongest monster in the game and the people who have beaten him and have the fire cape will not want a higher level monster so that the glory of jads death will go down.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

i have a pretty simple answer...NO!

jad is the strongest monster in the game and the people who have beaten him and have the fire cape will not want a higher level monster so that the glory of jads death will go down.

A monster being beaten by a rubber chicken? wow u can really really be proud of that.... :?

The+Murder21.png

The monsters that exist need to be stronger first. How can a level 104(me) solo the level 695 zammy boss, and entire room, twice in one trip. I have even killed the 695 without useing any food (rare, but it happens).

Sure, players have prayer, food, and pots. I still feel the monsters that exist now should have been made stronger. I do not think Jagex should update them, it is a bit too late for that. Looking at it from a combat stats point of view, level 695 monters should have 200+ def, att, and str? If a player had those stats, he/she would be far stronger then the current monsters. At level 104, I would never try to pk a level 120+ player. I would not stand a chance. Yet I can kill the kq, god wars bosses, kbd, dks, etc. It is pretty unbalanced.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Well, Artemis, it's that way in most rpgs. Players can only have 999 or 9999 HP, but bosses can have several hundred thousand.

Also, I agree with the concept of a boss that requires everybody to work together, using strategy to beat a boss, rather than just the same old "pot, eat, hit, eat, hit, hit, eat, hit hit, eat, kill."

However, Jagex has backed themselves into a corner. They cannot release a weapon more powerful than the Godsword, because of the 99 hp limitations. The current system they use limits monsters at a max of 255 HP, which means the only ways monsters' difficulty can expand is defensively and offensively. We already have a boss that can hit up to 69 in a 'dangerous zone'(General Kee'ara), so what's next, a boss that can one hit any player for their items? There is really nowhere left to go, because of the system limitations. They need to revamp the system to give more HP than 1 per level, and possibly factor defense levels into how much maximum damage a player/monster receives.

td2sig.jpg

I'd like to see a monster that drops multiple items for different people, using the lootshare system. This would be nice for a monster that absolutely requires a team of 10-20.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

No. Runescape is a game where death means something, in most other MMORPGs when you die there's hardly any penalty.

Did you even play other mmorpgs? Deaths do mean something. Usually, when you die you lose exp. When you are a high level, dieing once often means losing hours of exp.

Umm, I have. I have played WoW(hated it) and you don't really lose anything dying, just walk back to your body and get back into the fray.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

I really like that idea but if each player is supossed to solo each of the bosses I'd say that there should be a strong boss in the end and the single bosses shouldn't be as strong as the GWD bosses.

16185_s.gif

Well, Artemis, it's that way in most rpgs. Players can only have 999 or 9999 HP, but bosses can have several hundred thousand.

Also, I agree with the concept of a boss that requires everybody to work together, using strategy to beat a boss, rather than just the same old "pot, eat, hit, eat, hit, hit, eat, hit hit, eat, kill."

However, Jagex has backed themselves into a corner. They cannot release a weapon more powerful than the Godsword, because of the 99 hp limitations. The current system they use limits monsters at a max of 255 HP, which means the only ways monsters' difficulty can expand is defensively and offensively. We already have a boss that can hit up to 69 in a 'dangerous zone'(General Kee'ara), so what's next, a boss that can one hit any player for their items? There is really nowhere left to go, because of the system limitations. They need to revamp the system to give more HP than 1 per level, and possibly factor defense levels into how much maximum damage a player/monster receives.

I agree, but I do not think Jagex should raise the 99 cap yet or any time soon. The 99 cap is one of the most important parts of the game. Besides, there are 1m(?) members, 6m(?) f2pers, and only 28 have the max skill total. Just 15500 have 99 hp, which seems like alot, but not when compared to the total number of players.

Jagex could halve the hp damage of each hit. Instead of hitting 1, you hit .5. There are many possible answers though. I still think 1000+ level monsters are over kill. There is something too....game boysih about it, not sure what it is. I just don't like the sound of it.

Edit- And I REALLY do not like the idea of losing exp when you die. Losing items is a nice penalty, even though Jagex is making it easier and easier to regain items (rol, 1min item spawn, instant teles, etc). At least with gwd, you need a 40 kc to go back in, so your items are gone if soloing.

not a higher lvl... just way stronger :D the god war bosses are easyer to solo then the kq... but still twice the lvl...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I agree, but I do not think Jagex should raise the 99 cap yet or any time soon. The 99 cap is one of the most important parts of the game. Besides, there are 1m(?) members, 6m(?) f2pers, and only 28 have the max skill total. Just 15500 have 99 hp, which seems like alot, but not when compared to the total number of players.

Jagex could halve the hp damage of each hit. Instead of hitting 1, you hit .5. There are many possible answers though. I still think 1000+ level monsters are over kill. There is something too....game boysih about it, not sure what it is. I just don't like the sound of it.

Edit- And I REALLY do not like the idea of losing exp when you die. Losing items is a nice penalty, even though Jagex is making it easier and easier to regain items (rol, 1min item spawn, instant teles, etc). At least with gwd, you need a 40 kc to go back in, so your items are gone if soloing.

Halving damage would be quite a difficult feat; it'd be easier to reprogram the defense skill so that it actually reduces your opponent's maximum hit. Like say for every 9 levels of defense your opponent's maximum hit is reduced by 1. That would mean at 118 defense, your opponent would only hit a 30 if his or her max hit was 43. Also, I didn't mean increase the level cap on HP, just make it where you actually gain two points of life for every level.

td2sig.jpg

not a higher lvl... just way stronger :D the god war bosses are easyer to solo then the kq... but still twice the lvl...

My point exactly...... :P

Halving damage would be quite a difficult feat; it'd be easier to reprogram the defense skill so that it actually reduces your opponent's maximum hit. Like say for every 9 levels of defense your opponent's maximum hit is reduced by 1. That would mean at 118 defense, your opponent would only hit a 30 if his or her max hit was 43. Also, I didn't mean increase the level cap on HP, just make it where you actually gain two points of life for every level.

Both of those are great ideas, I really like them. Thanks for re-explaining them :) . I do not understand programing, I was just throwing ideas out there. I do like yours much better though, makes a lot of sense.

i dont think there ever will be monster higher than jad so forget the idea of lvl 1000.

monsters lvl means nothing today krils(gwd zamoraks boss) is lvl 650 and i already soloed it when i was 96combat :shock: .

the kq is lvl 332 or something dont remember and i managed to kill it only twice in 1 trip with 5friends all 95+.

every monster in runescape has hisown weakness and strenght for example tz tok jad can 1 hit every player in rs however he has very low defence players kill it at lvl 42 and even with rubber chicen xd.however the kq has very high defence(protection players) and 2forms each with 250hp but her max hit is only 33.

if jagex wants to release a new powerfull monster it shouldnt have weakness im talking about a lvl 550 that hits 70s with diffrent combat types has really high hp and uses the same protect prayer as his atack for example if it atacks with range it will use protect from range for 10secs that would be great :-w

33165171ty6.png

No. Runescape is a game where death means something, in most other MMORPGs when you die there's hardly any penalty.

Did you even play other mmorpgs? Deaths do mean something. Usually, when you die you lose exp. When you are a high level, dieing once often means losing hours of exp.

Umm, I have. I have played WoW(hated it) and you don't really lose anything dying, just walk back to your body and get back into the fray.

Except you cant just stuff your face with fish and then run away. When you die in WoW, you lose money. I'm at level 63/70 (going to be 80 wiht the expansion) and I lose about 1g every time I die. That adds up. Plus, there are no items (besides rares) that you can lose that are hard to get back.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

aside from my past post i thought about it and not necissarily something with a high high lvl but a lvl 500 with about 200str 200 att 200 def 600hp or something like that with a real challenge

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

Agreed. They don't need to make a higher leveled monster, just a stronger one. Of course it should have a decent loot or nobody would even bother to try to kill the darn thing. Oh and about the increasing the max level thing, I doubt Jagex is gunna change that anytime soon, I think it's just fine the way it is.

Avatar by Unoalexi :: Signature by Skull_Emblem

Illumination Graphics :: Click here to download the BeyondGFX resource pack!

beyondgfx.png

Jason321.png