Does RuneScape needs 1000+ lvl monsters?

the_murder21

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these boss monsters only become easier because tehyres sch a thing as experience and technique.how hard would it be if you never knew about jad coming or what damage he can do.

Whoevers done one of these dungeon updates knows about teh insane deathpiles and loot people recieved(mith dragons and gwd anyone?) because no-one had a definate idea how these monsters would be to fight.

A level 1000+ monster would eventually be the same and if taht was released then after a while people would be asking for a even tougher one with better loot.

tahts my oppinion anyway :ohnoes:

tifsdac6mc.gif

The only monster I can't really currently kill is the Dark Beast, and after soloing Gen. Graardor, 2 manning Kreeara and the Zam General, (I've scrapped the sara boss bc i dont feel like potting in) I can say there is nothing that's a serious combat challenge other than fighting lag. GWDing and FightCaving is just a grind now.

To be able to potion ourselves temporarily (in a certain arena) to 200+ hp, we could see some very interesting group fights against monsters that can hit huge.

While there is no good loot-sharing system, I don't think we'll see them, and it's probably for the best. I still tire of soloing to no end and ending up with jack.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Mabey Like one, and It could be in a MiniGame, And it could show teamwork! But 1000's are highly un-willing of runescape. Mabey like 700's Perhaps?

Otherwise, I Give Props to this Idea.

<3: O'Ducky

-

In addition to my post...

Remember our upcoming TEP Event "The Great Race", Sure to be a blast! Come enjoy with your friends on runescape!

(See This Thread For Details, PM For Questions)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=704425

-Posts On The TEP Calendar Thread WELCOME!

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

No. Runescape is a game where death means something, in most other MMORPGs when you die there's hardly any penalty.

Did you even play other mmorpgs? Deaths do mean something. Usually, when you die you lose exp. When you are a high level, dieing once often means losing hours of exp.

I'd like to know what MMO you're playing. :-k

kingtut3.png

I think we need a monster that can actually 1 hit a player, that would make it much more interesting/hard :)

I think that's a little bit extreme. After all, there is a fine line between challenging and just plain annoying.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

yea a powereful monster thats in a dangerous area would be great but if said monster was like lvl 1000+ JaGex would have to remove lvel cap on the hp skillmake it possibly like lvl 150-300 max

go hang a salami im a lasangna hog

Heh, nice ribber chicken video :o

well, it takes a rather strong player to solo any of the monsters. even for rather strong players, they still struggle occasionally. no matter what level the monster is, it still has specific weaknesses, or else it'd be impossible to kill. and eventually, those weaknesses would be discovered and fansites would know and guides would pop all over the place. no matter how tough the monster, there will always be players finding weaknesses and through fansites and gossip chains, any monster in the game can be made into easy-to-kill noobs.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Problem with a lvl 1000 monster is that it'd probably hit harder than there are hitpoints... that'd be pointless if it could one hit you.

If they raise the cap for player levels and introduce better weapons and armour then yes, I'd like to see a level 1k monster.

Harrington.gif

Maybe, but it will be hard to fight a level 1000 because the max hitpoints for a player is 99. 1000's could easily kill someone in one hit so it wouldn't be fair to have a monster that high. If Jagex raised the maxium level of hitpoints to 130 or something like that then it would be easier to kill.

I think we need a monster that can actually 1 hit a player, that would make it much more interesting/hard :)

we already have jad for that despite the prayer switch tactic. i wouldnt mind if the areas the bosses are in can look more vast and better like elvargs.

In my opinion scrap the 1 hit kill idea. It wouldn't even let the opponent have a chance, but rather make it a rapid fire 10-15 damage monster and cut through prayer lots of armor =). I'm not really sure what you could want more for drops (machine-gun would be nice though). Hope you like the idea. ^.-

I dont see the necessity of putting a giant monster in rs right now, of course I woulndt be able to deal with it anyway, but lately the updates have been all about putting new giants in the game. Take godwars, Mith dragons, the new quests, etc.

I dont think anyone would be very impressed with the appearance of a new super enemy. Not as things are now.

If they pulled something like this, they should wait a few months at least to make it a special update.

Right now another mega guy would just be another routine waiting to be mastered among the others.

When Christmas comes EVIL SANTA lvl 3 very aggressive so it attacks everything that moves and it hits 1's but rapid fire and roams around EVERYWHERE! YOU might be next ehehhehe :wall:

You know how teh Chaos elemental randomly unequips your weps? How about a monster that randomly switches your prayers to something else, adn you cant switch back for 2 rounds?

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

It would be a good idea to make it like the chaos elemental, but hit harder and through prayer. God that thing is annoying to kill. Imagine one that could hit hard :shock: and make it have a super rare drop, but is not tradeable. that would be awesome :D

And i've always been saying, jad isn't really that tough, i mean you can solo him after 61-62(not sure which) rounds of monsters. but a kq trip solo can take two trips most of the time.

soldersig.jpg

Yes God War Bosses can be soloed, that doesn't mean they're still easy, alot of people die while soloing, hell they even die when being in a team sometimes, there would be a problem if you could kill 5-20 bosses in a solotrip but you can't.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

i agree the game needs monsters that really NEED to be teamed

put this idea on bugs and suggestions u will get huge support and then u have a great chance it will be put in!!!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'd like to see a monster like queen in Barbarian assualt that needs your whole team to work together otherwise you'd not kill it.

Of course you'd lose stuff if you died and it'd have 500 or HP and be 1,000+

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

So you're asking jagex to change the name to world of warcraft?

No, that would require the game to be good.

The problem with RuneScape is that bosses are MEANT to be farmed, and therein lies the problem. If a monster is being farmed, it can only be so hard. There needs to be a guarantee of something good.

By the way, it's the farmableness (cool word, I know) of bosses that makes the economy so messed up. Yes, I am looking at it from a WoW perspective.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Maybe if they changed when you die you don't lose your loot you lose experience. That would make fighting them actually worth it....if you were guaranteed a drop of something actually good everytime.

We don't really need new equipment, what we need is something that will actually change the weapon system, such that enhancing old weapons with something that may actually make it more powerful than normal weapons we use. Probably socketing which can make a granite maul more powerful than an abyssal whip.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I'd like to see a monster like queen in Barbarian assualt that needs your whole team to work together otherwise you'd not kill it.

Of course you'd lose stuff if you died and it'd have 500 or HP and be 1,000+

+1

But i really don't go boss killing so what do I know.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Yes, RS needs more really high level monsters. There are a few people who already have very high combat levels, and they want a challenge. So I think that Jagex should give them some real challenges.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak