Why do blacks get special treatment?

darkmage099

I don't believe in any sort of affirmative action for any minority.

But I do want to point out it wasn't all that long ago in parts of the US that blacks first started going to school with whites. Think 1960s, not too long ago.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow a lot of dumb posts have spawned due to one of many Craig's news article topics..

ZOMG!!!

It's not only blacks that get the scholarships, its also hispanics and american indians that get a chance too, they just dont put a box to check. But I do think its based on race, and how many more of high school graduates that go on to college are white.

111-1.jpg

yea we took the PSATs at my school too and when i saw that box i got kinda mad. i cant help but feel that because i am white that i am not going to get treated as fairly.just because someone is black that means they are going to get a scholarship over me even if i might get a higher grade? thats just not fair, its not my fault I'm white. people think racism only effects black people and Spanish people and such, but where i live i always get made fun of for being a cracka' white boy. it doesn't bother me that people make fun of me like that because I am very proud to be Caucasian but it pisses me off that I am not allowed to get mad about it. they can say cracka and such but i cant say [racist term]?we invented it!/joke its just a word, and it really isn't any worse than any other unless you let it be(but this is kinda getting off track)

summary- black=white

we all have problems suck it up dont cry about a word. black people do not deserve special treatment such as scholarships and neither does any other race. it should be based on intelligence, standards ect.

Look its rob!

As we can confirm, the mentally delayed society things the way to eliminate the rascism is to put black people at the top and to create black idols as that 50 cent*.

*I hate when I say or write anything about those rappers/whatevers that contaminate the society with their trash sounds that they wrongly calls music.

I loathe it when people call other's opinions 'trash' and 'stupid' when they can't even use proper grammar themselves.. -.-

Yea since we all know you need to use proper grammar to have a valuable opinion right?

You guys are a bunch of whiney babies and getting offended for no reason

A mind can express what thousands of words and pictures can't, too bad the method is not invented yet. Anyways, concerning my grammar...

grammar-nazi.jpg

And it's all my fault because I was occupied redacting a long and extensive theatrical work for my homework in my native language (I am not an english native speaker).

So sir, I will not get offended this time, but I must agree that you are in fact, a crying kitty for being offended because my opinion, after all, many opinions might offend themselves but not necesarily be wrong.

I still say, that If I become emperator or Dictator of the whole world, I would banish that cancer of society we have.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

As we can confirm, the mentally delayed society things the way to eliminate the rascism is to put black people at the top and to create black idols as that 50 cent*.

*I hate when I say or write anything about those rappers/whatevers that contaminate the society with their trash sounds that they wrongly calls music.

I loathe it when people call other's opinions 'trash' and 'stupid' when they can't even use proper grammar themselves.. -.-

Yea since we all know you need to use proper grammar to have a valuable opinion right?

A mind can express what thousands of words and pictures can't, too bad the method is not invented yet. Anyways, concerning my grammar...

grammar-nazi.jpg

And it's all my fault because I was occupied redacting a long and extensive theatrical work for my homework in my native language (I am not an english native speaker).

So sir, I will not get offended this time, but I must agree that you are in fact, a crying kitty for being offended because my opinion, after all, many opinions might offend themselves but not necesarily be wrong.

I still say, that If I become emperator or Dictator of the whole world, I would banish that cancer of society we have.

I wasn't offended whatsoever.. and I wasn't trying to offend you either sorry I was just pointing out that you were stereotyping rap music..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

grammar-nazi.jpg

I wasn't offended whatsoever.. and I wasn't trying to offend you either sorry I was just pointing out that you were stereotyping rap music..

Then I will say:

Np mate! Let's just don't become enemies :P

Anyways, It's true, I stereotype many things.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

I was severely offended when I saw that on the PSAT. To me, it says, 'Since Blacks are dumber than some other races, we have to give them an advantage'.

This seems racist to me, but all my Black(not all from Africa or all in America) friends, or part Black friends were delighted as this boost.

As my 1/8 Black friend said, "I will put my primary race as black because I feel my pride for being African American". Then he laughed and said, "and because it will help my college application."

Although it doesn't seems to cause an outrage among my friends, I still think this is extremely offensive to the intelligence of Blacks, instilling in school students that Blacks are dumber than other races and they need to extra help.

Should we the next generation grow up thinking, "I'm (some race) and am therefore naturally smarter than black people."?

I'm not sure if this is the opinion of others, but to me, that is what it seems to say, and although I may be ignorant of some other issue for this, I'm already starting to hear elementary school students shun their peers of different colors with mildly hostile jokes(I pick up my brother after school since it is so close to mine.).

Of course, I don't attend the school so I'm unsure of the whole story.

I believe the scholarship should benefit the poor(people who do not have the same opportunities as we do), not a certain race, I just don't get it. Maybe you all can enlighten me.

Statistically I'm sure far far less black people can afford higher education. So, I suppose that's why.

Then why do some people get mad at the phrase "try to act black". Statistically, most ghetto people are black; hence the term "act black". It's all very racist.

Because when someone trys to act black or act as if thier someone thier not. It seems like thier mocking us. But to the general question its because in this day in age whites are not a poor minority

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Oh, where's my hispanic checkbox? My people got tourtured and such during the dictatorships of various Latin America countries in the 60s,70s, and 80s!

Oh, I'm also Italian, and my great-great....great-grandfather was a slave to the Romans! My family starved and were beat by Roman overseers and lived in rough conditions.

And on my mother's family came from Spain and were Jews during the Spanish Insequsion (SP)! They got prosecutited!

-.-

This is honestly the least-reasonable thing I have ever heard. Equality isn't litteraly equal, just equal chances...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

As many have mentioned, it is positive discrimination, affirmative action - whatever you want to call it.

The point of the matter is, it exists to alleviate and balance the starkingly different socio-economical status of 'black people' as a whole as compared to the 'whites'.

For those of you complaining that a black person will get into a school with lower grades than you ... Do you even understand what a scholarship is?

I wager that you don't, and I suggest you learn just exactly how it operates, because until then, I don't think your worthy of discussing an issue with if you make baseless assumptions like that.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

For those of you complaining that a black person will get into a school with lower grades than you ... Do you even understand what a scholarship is?

I wager that you don't, and I suggest you learn just exactly how it operates, because until then, I don't think your worthy of discussing an issue with if you make baseless assumptions like that.

A scholarship gives money, not school acceptance. They are complaining that money is being given to one specific race.

wwidas6.jpg

A scholarship gives money, not school acceptance. They are complaining that money is being given to one specific race.

I am well-aware of what they are complaining about: they, however, do not share the same awareness as to the processes involved regarding how scholarships are given, or the basic precepts behind the allocation of money towards these ends.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I am well-aware of what they are complaining about: they, however, do not share the same awareness as to the processes involved regarding how scholarships are given, or the basic precepts behind the allocation of money towards these ends.

The process is pretty simple and I don't see any evidence that people are misunderstanding the situation.

wwidas6.jpg

It does bother me that there are special scholarships for specific races, but seeing as scholarships are generally private funds, they have every right to do whatever they want with them. However where I do see a problem is in an instance where (this is all hypothetical mind you) someone wished to create a scholarship for a white person coming from a predominantly black community. Are they not a minority in their particular area? Inner-city Cleveland is approximately 80% black, so should there be no special scholarships for blacks coming from Cleveland seeing as there they are the majority rather than the minority? The whole concept of giving preferential treatment to anyone based on arbitrary characteristics is flawed. Not only is it discriminatory against the majority, but it instills in people (both the majority and the minorities being given special help) the idea that they need help to succeed, which is not only detrimental to their drive to achieve something, but to the way people view that race as a whole.

The process is pretty simple and I don't see any evidence that people are misunderstanding the situation.

It appears we are reading two different threads.

Someone alredy explained the diversity thing. But its still racist just the same.

When some people see the statistics that show the number of black mails in US jails compared to number of white mails (its 8-1 or 10-1, something like that. any ways far more balck people), they think "the cops must be racist because they mostly arrest black people, our whole legal system must be racist!"Blah blah wah wah.

True, there is going to be some digree of racist behavior by some people in the legal system, not much we can do about that. But the statistics don't show that the legal system is biased, it actualy shows that more black commit crimes (that carry jail time sentance). Some peole find this a truly novel concept that more black people are arrested because more black people commit crimes.

Now I AM NOT SAYING that black people commit crimes because there black. I think it migth be fair to say more black people commit crimes because there are more poor black people than poor white people in North America.

By putting in these stupid rules that force you to have an equal number of male and female employees, that make you favor visable minoritys. Those laws all bull, they have good intentions but overall it would be best to give people a job based on qualification not race/gender. I wan't the doctor who got top marks, not the one who got hired cause hes from africa, unless the guy from africa got top marks.

My point is that laws that aim to inhibit racist behavior/policies on broad yet small scale are racist by there nature and cause to many problems. A law that prevents you from severly limation rights based on race/gender is one thing, a law that allows incompetance to prevail is another. And to many of these laws allow relative incompetance to get much farther than it should. And some people havent got a clue how to read statistics especcily when race is involved.\

I should also point out that something like a scholarship because your native american (canadian thing) is not something you want. It shows up on your resume and when an employer sees this they are going to assume that your were not smart enough for a real scolarship. No scolarship looks better and is normally more likely to get you a job. Some of these policies also have the potential to start a feelign of resentment in the majority to the minority because all these things make life much harder for white cocasion males, and to a lesser extent white cocasion females. Resentment towards minoritys by the majority is not a good way to minmize racisim, thats how you make these polices nessasary because theyll be needed to keep pissed off people in line.

What is this thing on the PSATs that people are talking about?
On the answer document. The last page had a check box where it said something along the lines of "If you are african american and wish to recieve a merit scholarship form for your needs, check the box below"

:|

Wow a lot of dumb posts have spawned due to one of many Craig's news article topics..

It's a minority scholarship, why do you act so offended by this?

In modern America, we are taught to treat everyone as equals. There is not such thing as a minority.

I predict a lock.

Stop predicting because guess what? No one cares.

QFT, PCY.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!