Why do blacks get special treatment?

darkmage099

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should see the anti-semitic bull i get from everyone at my school, the world hates minorities :(

:(, Jewish people get the worst of it out of anyone. I don't even know where most of the sterotypes came from apart from Hitler propoganda.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

What a whiner, you should take it as a compliment :roll:

It's because they think most white people could afford college without a scolarship and they KNOW most black people could not. Also if they didn't do stuff like that Al Sharpton and such would come down and have another protest.

(I'm black btw)

Fine, if I get ALL blacks to say they are an inferior race to that of my people I will be content with this scholarship.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

this is a topic that annoys me too.

they do get all the special treatment. i remember reading about an illigal immigrant hit and run driver, got off with 8 months in prison then given a fully furnished house by the council.

i hate people who are worried about being sued for discrimination.

dude treat us the same!

seriously, i hate the old enslaved excuse.so yeah there ancestors were enslaved - really im so sorry but why the hell do i get left out of special treatment i didnt enslave them!

no im not racist but still, they wouldnt sue if they didnt get special treatment - they would still be content, so why effin give them spec treatment and not me.

The one thing that annoys me is that they can have all these black only colleges. But, you and i both know, that if they were to make a all white college, it would instantly be deemed racist.

Your lack of knowledge in the history of America scares me.

The one thing that annoys me is that they can have all these black only colleges. But, you and i both know, that if they were to make a all white college, it would instantly be deemed racist.

Your lack of knowledge in the history of America scares me.

To clarify, back when segregation was law, those schools WERE the black schools. They stayed open after the Integration movement. The reason they have a predominantly black population is because the families of the students there have a family tradition of that university.

I went to my University because lots of my family went there. Same goes for the above. If you honestly wanted to get into Tulane or some other "black school," you probably could.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

dude they were enslaved for hundreds of years, this is the least you can do.

I wasn't aware that Franklin down the street was enslaved for hundreds of years when he is only 17. That's extremely odd.

I hope you get my point.

Dwarf, THIS WAS HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO AND DOES NOT AFFECT ANYONE. Jews were inslaved (even beyond that) FAR worse than blacks (holocaust). Japanese were sent to internment camps. Non of them are demanding special privileges...

Freedom of speech, mods keep out.

Blacks, slavery was hundreds of years ago, stop looking for god damn excuses for welfare, everything we do is not because you are black. (Note this is not to all, only stereo types.) If you get so offended by being called an N (trust me I'd say it if it werent for tipit rules) Stop calling us crackers, honkies etc.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

If that was the case it would not be done by race but by salary brackets, like, how much money your parents make. White people, hispanic people, asian people ect can be disadvantaged to. To suggest that this is about how much money one person has is incorrect, it is obviously about race.

If it was all done by salary brackets then the vast majority of the money would go to white people. The only way to help a minority is to target them directly.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Freedom of speech, mods keep out.

Umm.. mods have freedom of speech too!

Don't discriminate against Mods!

Your pathetic attempt to try and suck up to the mods to try and get some "brownie points" has caused you to totally take what he said out of context. Poor. :roll:

If you get so offended by being called an N (trust me I'd say it if it werent for tipit rules)

And what exactly would that prove (Other than the fact that you're an idiot and an ignoramus.)?

And I wholeheartedly refuse to respond to the rest of your completely imbecillic post. It isn't worth the keystrokes.

If you get so offended by being called an N (trust me I'd say it if it werent for tipit rules)

And what exactly would that prove (Other than the fact that you're an idiot and an ignoramus.)?

And I wholeheartedly refuse to respond to the rest of your completely imbecillic post. It isn't worth the keystrokes.

Call me an idiot? Learn to quote FULL sentences moron.

If you get so offended by being called an N (trust me I'd say it if it werent for tipit rules) Stop calling us crackers, honkies etc.
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

If that was the case it would not be done by race but by salary brackets, like, how much money your parents make. White people, hispanic people, asian people ect can be disadvantaged to. To suggest that this is about how much money one person has is incorrect, it is obviously about race.

If it was all done by salary brackets then the vast majority of the money would go to white people. The only way to help a minority is to target them directly.

If that was the case, then why would minority groups need help in the first place? Scholarships are about financial help. If you have got money, you don't need a scholarship. Again, I say that the amount of money you have does not depend on your skin colour. The whole idea about equality is that being a different race SHOULDN'T MATTER!

Seriously, we need to attack the problem at the source, not combat the effects.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If that was the case, then why would minority groups need help in the first place? Scholarships are about financial help. If you have got money, you don't need a scholarship. Again, I say that the amount of money you have does not depend on your skin colour. The whole idea about equality is that being a different race SHOULDN'T MATTER!

I think that you'll most likely have to be black AND in need of the financial help. They're not going to give the scholarship to Morgan Freeman's grandson.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

The problem with these 'black' scholarships is that not all black people you know are descendants of those who were enslaved.

I know more black people from South America (Trinidad&Tobago, Jamaica, Guyana, etc.) than from Africa.

Come to think of it, I don't know any black person from Africa.

onceiroseik5.png

+ 1. :P

Affirmitive action only cause resentment between races/groups.

The reason these scholarships are targeted at African Americains is because of their statistically lower test results and socio-economic status. As such they require more help from the government...

However, scholarships shouldnt be race based, they should be 'need' based. By 'need' I mean socio-economic. Anything other than that is discrimination.

You may argue that if the group providing is a private organisation, they have every right to do what they want with their money. { Within the country's laws. } While this is true, immagine the outcry if a group was to give scholarships purely to white, blue eyed, blonde haired males?

You may argue that if the group providing is a private organisation, they have every right to do what they want with their money. { Within the country's laws. } While this is true, immagine the outcry if a group was to give scholarships purely to white, blue eyed, blonde haired males?

I think that it should be for any private or public organisation that if they provide benefit to anyone for the reason of genetic code should be deemed racist and fined. Everyone, we need to make sure that racism does not creep back into our society on the basis of technicalities. It's happened so many times before, let's not let it happen again.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

my 6th grade teacher faced similiar discrimination (she's white). she applied for a job at a Chicago public school. a week later she got a call saying she had to be minority (black or hispanic) in order to get the job. then she moved on to our private school and got a job at our school instead.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

The irony is that a large amount of ethnic people are actually a lot more racist than we are. Sure, we used to be, but not so much now. Loads of them play on it because they know that as a white person, you can't say squat or you're a racist, and that's just, it's just terrible! :o

People really need to stop caring about what you're born with and take people for what they are. An old college friend of mine is Asian and the college we went to is very primarily white, and he used to get really pissed off when people were racist cause he just wanted to be accepted. We accepted him, hes just another person at the end of the day.

All this racial equality is absolutely sodding self-contradicting. If employers really cared about equality they wouldn't make people write their skin colour down on an application form. Not all this, crap he's black, we better employ him or we're racist. It's just pathetic. <.<

logo.jpg

I think that it should be for any private or public organisation that if they provide benefit to anyone for the reason of genetic code should be deemed racist and fined. Everyone, we need to make sure that racism does not creep back into our society on the basis of technicalities. It's happened so many times before, let's not let it happen again.

One word my friend: Mexicans. racism is already creeping back. why were blacks descriminated in the 20th century? mainly because people realized they could do jobs whites didnt want to do for very low prices (and because segregation was legal so we took full advantage. hopefully we wont go there this time since it isnt legal). now, whats the arguement over illegals? one side is completely because they can mow our lawns and do other laborous jobs we dont want to do, and keep the economy stable by working for half the price any citizen would want.

our world ios all based on stereotypes now. now look at this scholarship. statistically, blacks are significantly lower grades etc. Does that mean All of them are? that the only way for a black to get to college is with government aid? that there are no other races that might need some financial aid?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

One word my friend: Mexicans. racism is already creeping back. why were blacks descriminated in the 20th century? mainly because people realized they could do jobs whites didnt want to do for very low prices (and because segregation was legal so we took full advantage. hopefully we wont go there this time since it isnt legal). now, whats the arguement over illegals? one side is completely because they can mow our lawns and do other laborous jobs we dont want to do, and keep the economy stable by working for half the price any citizen would want.

our world ios all based on stereotypes now. now look at this scholarship. statistically, blacks are significantly lower grades etc. Does that mean All of them are? that the only way for a black to get to college is with government aid? that there are no other races that might need some financial aid?

You raise a very good point, however, these 'ethnic based' scholarships are not the answer. Because of the greed of people who took advantage of the minorities, they now have the wrong idea of what is the value of their labour. They should be paid according to their labour equally to everyone else, not their skin colour. I hate to say this yet again, but affirmative action is not the answer, equality is. Besides, I always thought that you should be given scholarships if you get higher grades, to make the most of the student's ability.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You raise a very good point, however, these 'ethnic based' scholarships are not the answer. Because of the greed of people who took advantage of the minorities, they now have the wrong idea of what is the value of their labour. They should be paid according to their labour equally to everyone else, not their skin colour. I hate to say this yet again, but affirmative action is not the answer, equality is. Besides, I always thought that you should be given scholarships if you get higher grades, to make the most of the student's ability.

I agree, in order to make up for racism in the past it seems that colleges and companies are now using reverse discrimination...

Instead of minorities being discriminated against they are now being rewarded.

IMO, scholarships should be based on merit and need...not on what race a person born.

Why can't we all just be equal? :roll: :-w

K_G_Is_Me.png

Oh my god. They have scholarships for everything. Some schools even give them out for no reason. So what if they have one for black people? It's like giving a scholarship to someone who is amazing at tennis. They can't help that they're good at the sport. The only difference is nobody gets mad if tennis players can get scholarships that normal people can't.

Also, I remember hearing somewhere that there are more black people in jails than in colleges. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, then there's some more grounds to have a scholarship for them.

There's no sig here. Move it along...