Answer a question = gives 10 rice to the hungry.

mixand

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

you answer a question like Stance means = decision ect

1 answer right is 10 rice, 5 questions right is 50 rice and it goes to the hungry.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

A whole 10 grains... wow. Slacktivist

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

thousands of people doing it at a time, and you give more then 10 grains unless your lazy :P

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

Just donated 1000 grains. I may start doing this daily because it's good for my english too I think. I just hope it's not fake or something..

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

well it has ads at the bottom and well it seems pretty legit if its on the the front page of digg

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

People have to answer questions for them to give their rice?

...Why?

i guess its so they can put the ads at the bottom... power of bubs :P

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

Clicking the questions does not make them give rice to people that need it. What they actually do is use the advertising revenue from the adverts shown on the page. However as a profit making organisation NOT a charity, they are not bound by law to give anything at all. For all you know only 1% of all profits actually go to people that need it. Your time is better off looking down the back of the sofa and donating whatever you find, probably end up being more money than what they give.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

...Why?

Based on the FAQ page, I would guess that they want to make it a learning experience (improve vocabluary) while doing something to help the hungry.

~Rcty

Rcty

...Why?

Based on the FAQ page, I would guess that they want to make it a learning experience (improve vocabluary) while doing something to help the hungry.

~Rcty

aka, keeping visitors on the site and thus looking at all their adverts. They aint doing it for the love of helping people, they are a profit making organisation.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

...Why?

~Rcty

aka, keeping visitors on the site and thus looking at all their adverts. They aint doing it for the love of helping people, they are a profit making organisation.

If anything at all goes that's still better than nothing surely.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

That's a bad attitude to have which is why I call it slacktivism. You get all the fluffiness and nice feeling of having helped someone by doing nothing at all. Except you haven't really helped them at all. In the 10 minutes it takes to get a few hundred grains of rice I could have washed someone's car or cut the grass and raised enough money for hundreds of thousands of grains and it would have all gone directly to the people that need it rather than to a company who's main priority is bonuses for the CEO.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

That's a bad attitude to have which is why I call it slacktivism. You get all the fluffiness and nice feeling of having helped someone by doing nothing at all. Except you haven't really helped them at all. In the 10 minutes it takes to get a few hundred grains of rice I could have washed someone's car or cut the grass and raised enough money for hundreds of thousands of grains and it would have all gone directly to the people that need it rather than to a company who's main priority is bonuses for the CEO.

I'm not particularly fussed about charity though, and I'm sure there's plenty other people like me. I'd be willing to do this, but at the same time I'd realise that I'm not helping people anywhere near as much as someone who actually cares.

Elitist charity seems a little odd to me.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

The FreeRice website is however NOT a charity. Its under the guise of helping others but its actually all designed to make profit. I'm not elitist about giving to charity i just don't like these companies that are set up purely to exploit philanthropy

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

...Why?

All charities have a gimmick, like that yogurt thing; "for every pick lid you mail in, [company i forgot] will donate $5 to [charity I forget, probably breast cancer], up to $1 million." Why not just donate it all right away? Not enough recognition.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Maybe it is a tiny bit immoral for people to be profiteering from the poor... then again that's capitalism, and in my honest opinion, excessive profiteering from a few has led to the situation where the developed world can literally give tons of food away to developing nations, when there's a perfectly good enough quantity of food to go around. So all in all, I can't really see how this organisation is doing anything 'wrong'. In fact, I'd say they're doing a much more moral act than Walmart or Tescos ever will.

I commend both the organisation and the companies involves in the project for organising this website. It's certainly positive action.

thousands of people doing it at a time, and you give more then 10 grains unless your lazy :P

Less than the site that gives 1.1 cups of food per click, and you can click once a day.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

OK, how do I know the rice really has been donated?
You don't. As a profit making company not a charity they don't have to give anything and what they do they don't need to tell you.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi