Runescape and MMORPGS... Nerd Haven?

aj926

My friend in rl is always talking about how I havn't had sex yet (16, multiple chances to). Always. Whenever it comes up, I just say I havn't found the right girl yet (to put this in prspective, he was majorly addicted to Wow and now has a rather active sex life) and he usually mocks me for it.

I'm not religious, and I would have no problem with pre-marrital sex. I just don't want to lose my virginity to one of his stupid [bleep]ty friends.

Typical nerd excuses right there.

First time sex is not important so please don't even give that bull

Stephleref.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend in rl is always talking about how I havn't had sex yet (16, multiple chances to). Always. Whenever it comes up, I just say I havn't found the right girl yet (to put this in prspective, he was majorly addicted to Wow and now has a rather active sex life) and he usually mocks me for it.

I'm not religious, and I would have no problem with pre-marrital sex. I just don't want to lose my virginity to one of his stupid [bleep]ty friends.

Those aren't excuses. That's what people with self-respect say.

Pheonix Elite- obsessing 1 RS member at a time.

Narutosig75-1.jpg

Thanks Harrinator1 for the sig!

Another one :lol:

So people with "self-respect" are sexually inactive on purpose? please... -.-

Stephleref.png

I have to agree with Walk here.

First time sex is not important so just get the first girl you can get your teeth in an just get it over with. Thats probably worse then being a 'nerd'.

Thats respectless to the girl, respectless to you. Its perverted and its wrong. Period.

Be picky about a girl, please, even if that means you are a virgin till your deathbed. Virgin for life XD

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I just play RS for a couple of hours a day on the weekends, to fill up my down-time. That's why I've been playing for 2 years and am only 72 combat. But I still rock! 8-)

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

First time sex is not important so just get the first girl you can get your teeth in an just get it over with. Thats probably worse then being a 'nerd'.

Thats respectless to the girl, respectless to you. Its perverted and its wrong. Period.

That is NOT what i said at all.

I never said i agree with "choosing one random girl and get it over with"

What i disagree with is people like aj926 who say in his post that he "had multiple chance" but it did not happen because "he wanted to choose the right girl" sound like an excuse from a guy who is sexually inactive but is trying to make himself and other believe he "has it"

Stephleref.png

That is NOT what i said at all.

I never said i agree with "choosing one random girl and get it over with"

What i disagree with is people like aj926 who say in his post that he "had multiple chance" but it did not happen because "he wanted to choose the right girl" sound like an excuse from a guy who is sexually inactive but is trying to make himself and other believe he "has it"

Wow, you're a complete moron.

Way to judge me.

I'm sorry I'm not the typical teenager that goes around sleeping with every girlfriend he has. I've had multiple relationships, and i don't believe having sex is something you should do before you're 18. Honestly, you should respect that rather than making really immature accusations on how I live my life.

It was all an example anyways about how you shouldn't judge other people. You just proved my point ten times over, and made yourself sound like a complete idiot in the process.

Sorry for hurting your ego. :-s

Calling me a moron and an idiot sure is totally smarter and make you credible.

You jumped on me and attacked my personal life, sorry if you expected me to not do the same thing.

Point is, this is a message board. A RUNESCAPE message board. Nothing posted on here actually matters, except for a little bit of discussion about the game. This is not the place to comment on how I choose to pursue my relationships.

Sorry for hurting your ego. :-s

Calling me a moron and an idiot sure is totally smarter and make you credible.

You jumped on me and attacked my personal life, sorry if you expected me to not do the same thing.

Point is, this is a message board. A RUNESCAPE message board. Nothing posted on here actually matters, except for a little bit of discussion about the game. This is not the place to comment on how I choose to pursue my relationships.

If you don't want me (or other) to comment about your personal life,don't include them in a topic like this.

P.S: My opinion on the subject will not change so just let it go and go back on topic.

Stephleref.png

well alot of people play mmorpg's so if they were nerds we'd all be and for those of people who are they play this game because its a place were nobody knows them and cant be judged or steriotyped because we're all the same. :-k

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

Load of rubish.

I think you will find, Runescape is the 2nd largest MMO in the world.

Not only that, i think gaming is rather sociable, i would prefere to play games and talk to like several hundred people a day, rather than sit down and watch sports with 5 people.

I personally think thats not exactly being sociable.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

My thoughts on this?

Well, to start off I would like to say that what you point out is pretty much true. Rs can help geeks and nerds to get a better social life. But many of the RS players already have a great social life. I can't say I'm neither actually. I'm not a geek, but I haven't got a lot of friends; I have got a few which I stick too.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

By typical standards, yes, its nerd haven. I believe the proof is right here, in this thread, with a disproportionate number of people going to instant defense mode.

I was a nerd once, playing this game (amongst others) for hours a day, eventually you grow out of it, you just have too much more important stuff to do to focus on games all that much..

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I think being a "no-lifer" is more of a life choice

All of the people that are addicted to rs or other mmos has chosen to do that instead of fullfil thing in real life

Lol that's why we call it no life :D

I know its easy to say but I got a good life and Runescape is just a game to me, but sometimes I think by myself, what if I had spent all the time I spent leveling my Runescape character on running or something like that, I would have a great condition now O:) , but then I realize I mostly only play Runescape when the weather is to bad, but I still think there are more useful things to do in life.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

By typical standards, yes, its nerd haven. I believe the proof is right here, in this thread, with a disproportionate number of people going to instant defense mode.

I was a nerd once, playing this game (amongst others) for hours a day, eventually you grow out of it, you just have too much more important stuff to do to focus on games all that much..

Im not trying to defend anything, just calling people names based on what they like doing or who they are is wrong. How do you think racism started.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

I'm sick of these "i hav a life i hav a gf 2 prove it" posts. We don't care if you "have a life", and for that matter, most people saying "they have a gf" most likely don't "have a life" by their standards. Stop following these injustified, stereotypical generalisations.

I'm sick of these "i hav a life i hav a gf 2 prove it" posts. We don't care if you "have a life", and for that matter, most people saying "they have a gf" most likely don't "have a life" by their standards. Stop following these injustified, stereotypical generalisations.

But all stereotypes are somewhat justified.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I hate posts like this, I really do. You cannot judge how others live based on their RS character. I play this game a lot but I've got plenty of friends, a job, and I go to school. I've seen way too many posts like this that basically state that people who play the game a lot have no life because thats exactly what you're post says to me.

not everything in life has to be productive like some think. If you enjoy doing something then do it. Also different people have different personalities, some prefer to do their own thing and play games rather than get out and socialize, it doesn't make them a bad person, it simply reflects their personality.

You can call me a nerd, I'd agree with you, I am a nerd, and I choose to be a nerd because I think its the best lifestyle for me. I have no shame in it.

Just please, don't label people.

[...]

not everything in life has to be productive like some think. If you enjoy doing something then do it. Also different people have different personalities, some prefer to do their own thing and play games rather than get out and socialize, it doesn't make them a bad person, it simply reflects their personality.

You can call me a nerd, I'd agree with you, I am a nerd, and I choose to be a nerd because I think its the best lifestyle for me. I have no shame in it.

Just please, don't label people.

But wakka, you're too hawt to be a nerd :o!

And I don't think that aj's point is that everyone who plays is a nerd, but that a great number are. It's a bit stereotypical, and I'd use "introvert" rather than "nerd" (introvert being a non-derogatory term), but it's true for the most part.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Load of rubish.

I think you will find, Runescape is the 2nd largest MMO in the world.

Not only that, i think gaming is rather sociable, i would prefere to play games and talk to like several hundred people a day, rather than sit down and watch sports with 5 people.

I personally think thats not exactly being sociable.

Thats whats happened to our generation. No one knows any people skills anymore, theyd prefer to play a game then have fun with real people.

Just my views, dont get mad at me, its true.

PunkSig.jpg

punk_wise.png

punk_wise.png

I'm 6'2", 180 pounds of muscle, absolutely gorgeous and sexy, have three girlfriends, two of which have DD's, lead an amazing social life of glory and grandeur, am an eliquent speaker and debater, head of more clubs than you can count, a member of even more, and of course everyone loves me more than Mahatma Gandhi. I am totally not a nerd. Totally. Did I mention I'm the head of the football, soccer, and track teams? Yah, totally not a nerd.

Let me use your own words and say 'The fact that you feel the need to justify yourself create doubts'. A lot of people are socially successful, but they don't feel the need to brag about it on a forum topic. Oversized ego much?

7320.jpg

7753.gif