meesa

Have you ever had to call 911?? Why??

Also, any 1 know a site that explains how the 911 system works?? Like how do the 911 operators know where the police/fire/EMTs are?? Stuff like that. Thats one of those things that I always wanted to take a tour of, just like a TV anchor room.... that would be fun!

I have never had to call 911.... i almost did. my mom got in a car accident and i was with her, i got the phone first, but then she took it.

P.S.... for u people in the U.K., i think ur equivelant (sp?) to 911 is 999? anyways, i mean 911 as in emergency number

I personally never have had to but my dad did once when i was with him, we were getting chased by a bunch of red necks with a big dog in their truck. They had road rage over something or other.

The cool thing was someone chased them down in a corvette and got their license plate number and stuff.

When I was about four I accidentially did. We had the memory setting on the phone to my mom's office, and I was calling her. But on the phone I used the same memory setting was set at 911, contrary to my knowledge. So someone answered and said something so fast I didn't understand, I hung up, then got a call back and got the lecture from the operator :).

peterstretchfn5.gif

i was wit my dad and this crazy guy tried to swerve at our 4wd in his van and we pulled back just in time then this guy in a 4wd with a bullbar chased him and the guy tried to swearve at him and ripped his tail lights of on the nice guys bull bar

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

I personally never have had to but my dad did once when i was with him, we were getting chased by a bunch of red necks with a big dog in their truck. They had road rage over something or other.

The cool thing was someone chased them down in a corvette and got their license plate number and stuff.

yikes :?

Finnish equivalent is 112,

I have never had to call.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

112 works in the uk too.

You ever noticed how you can bypass a mobile phone lock by typing 112, 999 or 911. This is so that if theres an accident you can always get to emergency services even if you dont know the pin.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

112 is the international emergancy number and should work from all mobile phones.

Ive called 000 before (australian equivlent) after someone pulled a gun on my ex I got in the way and the skinhead pulled the trigger of what was fortunatly an unloaded gun one of my friends then knocked the skin head down from behind with a steel crowbar we all fled in our cars because there were more skinheads within 50 meters of us.

It took 23minutes before my call was taken after wich I got put on hold for 15minutes when I did get thru it took the police an hour and 20mins to arrive at the scene.

The moral of the story is take the law into your own hands we could just as easily called in our own arms with wich we ould have gotten an immediate response unfortunatly we were always lead to belive that its the job of the police to deal with armed lunatics.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

when I lived at home, we averaged at least 2 calls a year, mostly because of my mother's health problems.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Sept of 2004 I was home alone and I had a stroke. Had to call 911 then.

I had just died in wildy, but i didn't get pwned, only had a stroke...

:lol:

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

112 works in the uk too.

You ever noticed how you can bypass a mobile phone lock by typing 112, 999 or 911. This is so that if theres an accident you can always get to emergency services even if you dont know the pin.

Also 08 works on my phone but I don't know which countries use it (and 999 doesn't work on my Nokia phone but 112 and 911 do, for bypassing the lock)

I've had to call 911 once, my mom was choking on a piece of bone that was in her dinner, I tried the heimlich manuever a few times but it didn't work and she was coughing up blood all over the place (there was a small opening but she couldnt breathe through it), so I called.

I've had to call 911 once, my mom was choking on a piece of bone that was in her dinner, I tried the heimlich manuever a few times but it didn't work and she was coughing up blood all over the place (there was a small opening but she couldnt breathe through it), so I called.

Damn, that would of been scary. :?

Me and my friends used to prank them when we were like, 8... Then we realised it was [bleep]ing stupid of us, and we stopped.

I called 911 when we had burglars in our house.

About 5 years ago, during the night, a car stopped at our house, and the burglars went through the backdoor. They broke a small glass window at the door and that's how they got in. I heard it, and I went downstairs (I thought it was the cat, and I was almost sleeping, so I didn't realise what could've happened) and I heard a car driving away. I saw my dad's desk completely upside down, and papers everywhere, I called 911 then. They didn't stole any money, jewels or electronic devices. Just pretty important documents of my dad's work.

I called 911 when we had burglars in our house.

About 5 years ago, during the night, a car stopped at our house, and the burglars went through the backdoor. They broke a small glass window at the door and that's how they got in. I heard it, and I went downstairs (I thought it was the cat, and I was almost sleeping, so I didn't realise what could've happened) and I heard a car driving away. I saw my dad's desk completely upside down, and papers everywhere, I called 911 then. They didn't stole any money, jewels or electronic devices. Just pretty important documents of my dad's work.

that would be freaky.... one time a friend went down stairs and saw a cardboard model that they were going to put in their shop (like some dude holding a product... it was an advertisement). He thought it was a real guy and shot it then jumped him :oops: :shock: :lol:

I looked on my 'phone, once, and noticed that it'd called 999 at some point. There was, at least, an outgoing call listed as having gone to 999. I wonder what that was about.

I've never called 999, but today we got a bobby round our house. There's this landrover parked outside our house. It's been there for over a week, has no front numberplate and has been involved in a load of trouble on our road. Anyway, a policeman popped by to talk to us about it, and told us that he knows the guy who owns it, and he works away, leaving the vehicle about the place.

I had to call the police last week after finding paint all over 2 of my dad's cars. Turns out it was the neighbours (or their kids), but the police don't have enough evidence to prove it was them. No doubt we'll be getting our own back with or without the police.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Once I was sitting at my computer, when I suddenly realised that my phone was talking from inside my pocket. I yanked it out, shoved to my ear and apoligised for ignoring someone who I assumed would be a friend. The lady at the other end said: "That's all right sir, but you've actually dialed through to the emergency services." Dang.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

i called it cause my grandpa caught his car on fire cause he spillled oil on the engine while it was running. anyways they came and put it out. Also, my granpa cause another car on fire, and it burned to a crisp and the fire fighters about shot his dog cause his dog is a big meany. :(

8) Ladykady

In Holland we use 112 too. I never had to call though, before 112 we had 0611, that is if I remember correct.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Well no one called 911, when i was umm 17 cant remember, I was running idk lawn mower was infront of me while I was running I jumped over it but my foot got cought on the string which the string is locked in place it made me flip few times on the ground. 1 of my legs was bent like it would be sitting indian style while my left leg was straight, I tried to get up but I couldnt move my right leg, Kept feeling the bone above my knee so I put my hand on my lag moved it again and can really feel my bone. Was in no pain till they tried to move me. They put a rod in my leg, and cut my leg in 2 places, middle of my leg above my knee and my hip, they stapled it back.

well let this teach you a lession, never jump over a lawn mower!