Thoughts

Death_Hippy

Ok so i've been thinking, whats with all the overreactions of players when something bad happens?For example, when they added the ditch people kept yelling "Oh god oh god it's gonna take longer to get those runes!" or something similar to that.Personally it takes me a extra second to get in and out of there...maybe those people were worried their bots couldn't jump over a ditch.I don't know...Oh and when the new *reaper mask* came out and people are still all saying "Omg we already have hoods!".True, though the reaper hood doesn't show your face, which is pretty unique.Some wish we got the broom...well hopefully we'll get it next year aight?I'm seeing that the Runescape community is going downhill...See, I started in 2004 december and have been playing freeplay for all that time (I don't want to pay $5 a month for something I just chat on and screw with holiday items on).First rare thing I got was a yo-yo (lucky me!).Then,I get tricked 10 minutes afterwards into grabbing the Zamorok wine.I get killed, and bam I die.These days, you'll have 25 people trying to get you to do that...which is way dam worse than 2004.It seems like fricken spammers,newbies,beggars,macroers (didn't believe till i saw it), Elitist Members,and mod power abuse has risen since that age.What else makes me mad is that all my friends don't play anymore -_- :boohoo: .Oh and one last thing.Anyone remember a guy called Death4011?that's me.

Ok so i've been thinking, whats with all the overreactions of players when something bad happens?

For example, when they added the ditch people kept yelling "Oh god oh god it's gonna take longer to get those runes!" or something similar to that. Personally it takes me a extra second to get in and out of there...maybe those people were worried their bots couldn't jump over a ditch.I don't know...Oh and when the new *reaper mask* came out and people are still all saying "Omg we already have hoods!".

True, though the reaper hood doesn't show your face, which is pretty unique. Some wish we got the broom...well hopefully we'll get it next year aight?

I'm seeing that the Runescape community is going downhill...See, I started in 2004 december and have been playing freeplay for all that time (I don't want to pay $5 a month for something I just chat on and screw with holiday items on). First rare thing I got was a yo-yo (lucky me!). Then,I get tricked 10 minutes afterwards into grabbing the Zamorok wine.I get killed, and bam I die.

These days, you'll have 25 people trying to get you to do that...which is way dam worse than 2004. It seems like fricken spammers, newbies, beggars, macroers (didn't believe till i saw it), Elitist Members,and mod power abuse has risen since that age.What else makes me mad is that all my friends don't play anymore -_- :boohoo: .Oh and one last thing. Anyone remember a guy called Death4011?that's me.

I had top edit that just to read it.

But anyway its pure and simple:

1) Goldfarmers discovered rs hence an influx of bots

2) More players means there are more bad players to, but it is still in proportion

3) Free to play got worse far more than members, as immature cheaters mostly don't want to pay

4) The number of people HAPPY with updates far outweigh thoose who dislike them. We just get on and enjoy them rather than each making our on thread about why it's so great hence the moaners voice is louder on forums

Next tip you post please:

Use paragrpahs and put a space after EVERY full stop and comma, your original post was very straining to the eyes to read

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sigh i remembered back a few years ago, when most of my friends were online..now the most friends online would be about 5.

Lol and i always love standing at spots foiling people's evil plan

Example; I'd stand at the range guild 2nd lvl and tell ppl that they'd die if they go in. Its just fun to ruin people's fun.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Yeah, your right, runescape is getting messed.

Bots get way more money for macroing in rs than they would get irl with a regular job

I agree with paw_claw about the more players thing. Also there are more little kids who discover rs (I have like 5 neighbours of under 10 years old playing rs, and I don't have that much neigbours).

Sure f2p is worse, and sure there are smart people (in my opinion) that don't want to waste $5 a month on some game just because they don't have time for a job irl (think about things such as school, not being old enough yet).

And about updates, it doesn't matter for me, I'm happy they update it, don't care to much what it is, as long as they keep it fun.

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif

Yea, Runescape is going to hell.

Example; I'd stand at the range guild 2nd lvl and tell ppl that they'd die if they go in. Its just fun to ruin people's fun.

Hmm....

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

2004 was almost as bad as it is now. I joined up around January '04, (Yes, I WAS underage at the time :P ) missed the chicken (D'oh!), Missed the scythes, (D'oh again <.< ), and was scammed out of all my stuff early in my RS career by the guy who showed me RS. Then I got the yo-yo, ditched the loser(Who later quit), and kept playing. At about the point when I was about to do Dslayer, maybe in early '05, I quit for quite a time. I rejoined later, kept playing, and didn't really notice any difference. I quit again, and then started up again, still on this account. Still not much difference. The only real difference is in the numbers of autoers these days. I remember before I quit the first time, some guy tried to pull a switch between mith and rune plates on me. The next seller tried the same thing. Eventually, I finished drag slayer and bought one from the shop. About a year ago, some guy scammed me out of 90k. Maybe 8 months ago, so guy scammed a rune scimmy from me. Scamming only really lowered with the recent trade update... Like I said before, not much noticeable difference. The only real change is the one that makes everyone glorify Classic; memories fade and past experiences seem greater when compared to the problems of the present.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

maybe levels do not equal knowledge (eg f2p people, people who dont do certain things, like someone with 1 fishing but 120 cb wouldnt know alot about fishing but would know alot about combat), but theres is NO SUCH THING as a low level who has alot of knowledge. (reading afew guides does NOT equal knowledge).

but theres is NO SUCH THING as a low level who has alot of knowledge.

What if I have a level 3 skiller and a level 126 main?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

(reading afew guides does NOT equal knowledge).

Then what do you call reading guides?

a decent starting point to get a rough idea of what to do.

Um, you never considered that lower players, may have lvl 80+ mains? There are some(not many), that have "second" accounts, so their expierence on their mains doesn't matter on the "second" account?

for the billionth time, guides are nothing but a good starting point/reference... just like irl you could read every single book in the world on a subject but someone who had the tiniest bit of experience in the subject would be better at it.

Knowlodge isn't based on level, it's based on the damn patience you had to read those frickin' guides.

So just because you read a guide means that you can do it? Knowledge in this game is not just knowing how, its being able to do it.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

for the billionth time, guides are nothing but a good starting point/reference... just like irl you could read every single book in the world on a subject but someone who had the tiniest bit of experience in the subject would be better at it.

That applies for some situations. I'm 99% sure someone who has read some of the very good barrows guides on these forums would be a lot more informed (even though not expierenced) then someone who got killed by Dharoks. Sometimes, yes guides are not substitues for ingame expierence most of the time, yet if you read some guides relating to some topics, you will be sometimes better informed. Rather then getting KOed by KBD or something...

Sorry about double post.