~@~ How to succeed 99-skill goals in 7 easy steps ~@~

Solidus_77

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100k exp per week is very very low by any skill standards. I believe the hourly rate for woodcutting at willows with d axe (fastest method) is like 55-60k exp per hour.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

100k exp per week is very very low by any skill standards. I believe the hourly rate for woodcutting at willows with d axe (fastest method) is like 55-60k exp per hour.

Actually teaks are faster. :wink:

Once again, great guide! =D>

pan.png

You vs. boredom part II (by multitasking)

don't read guides like this one, :notalk: they keep you busy and off your

task :cry: #-o

anywayz nice guide m8 and gratz with 2 awsome capes

Heh, depends on the task \'

Thanks for the compliment as well ::'

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Great guide, very uplifting and motivational. I absolutely agree with the music part; I always have new music coming in, because when working on a prolonged goal, I tend to relisten to the same CDs because I realize I had hardly listened to them. That's why I stick to shuffle now; it adds variety. Also, I second the getting out and doing something actually speeds you up: when, on my older character, I was going for 99 Mining, I focused way too much and ignored any social activities for a good month. I discovered I had hardly scraped the beginnings of getting 99 after all that, so I started going out and managing my time better, setting goals like in your post, and voila the exp rate (somehow) was in fact faster. I don't know what it is, but it's true.

I like looking at Facebook and/or RS sites while doing a goal; there's so much information on RS fansites yet to be explored. Plus, Facebook is just a very uncommitting (is that a word?) site.

Great guide, helps a lot, even if i'm only going for 90 Strength =)

Very well written as well!

FireCapeOwner.gif

Chris01324.png

Chris01324.png

Barrows Drops = Ahrims Skirt x1 - Torags Helm x2 - Torags Plate x1 - Torags Hams x1- Guthans Skirt x1 - Karils Coif x2 - Karils Top x1

Dragon Drops = Med x2 - Spear x1 - Skirt x2 - Legs x1 - Left Half x 1

this is simply an awsome guide,well written and full of gr8 tips =D>

However, there is one advice i simply cant agree with:

Your breaks should not, however, be screen activities like other games, movies, or other activities in runescape. Those are distractions and should be avoided.

remember,this game should be enjoyable and not only about achieving your targets.

On my way to 99 slayer i did,i am doing, and will do, breaks. Sometimes its a few days break and sometimes its few weeks..racing on a skill can burn you quite early if you dont manage your energies correctly.

My tips will be:

1. Take your time - no need to rush,the 99 cape isn't going anywhere.

Treat it as a marathon,not as a 100 meter race.

2. If you feel kind of sick of doing the same thing over-and-over, take a break. Do some other activities and let your appetite regenerate before going back on tracks.

3. Always remember,this is a game. There are far more important goals in life.

Awesome guide. I'm going for 70 runecrafting, only 47 now, and I'm already starting to feel less motivated. However, I'll start off fresh tomorrow and use some of the tips you posted.

Dennydispoto.gif

Dag King Drops: D axe(3), Zerker Ring(3)

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan Spears. 33 drops total.

this is a great guide.. i myself like the tips on how to take breaks...

after training for hrs... i take a 20 min break to play c wars lol \' \'

That's fine as long as 1 game of cw doesn't suddenly become 2 games which then magically becomes 3 games and you know the rest :wink: . Keep in mind I would highly recommend real breaks, like a breath of fresh air because sitting at the same computer for ages will make anyone a little wound up.

BlueSig6.jpg

Thanks, I think this thread will save my 99 Thieving goal. I took a break and realized I didn't think I'd ever be able to achieve it, but hopefully this will help a lot. I have quite a few movies on computer so I'll try that out too.

Thanks! \'

Fire Cape X5 (#1 - October 12, 2007)

99 Range Achieved March 25, 2008!

gotclay2.png