Oh, you know what's funny?

Death_Hippy

When people tell me I should pay for the game to play!So your telling me, a guy who pays for ANOTHER online game, has to pay for this one to?Well,I understand that you're paying for the game.It doesn't mean your better than a free player,it means you love the game and want to pay a extra 5 dam dollars to get features.I don't have enough time to commit to this!

Seriously,mmorpg games take a big chunk out of my life if I'm forced to play them everyday because "I know I should since I pay $5 bucks a month for it".I know that the F2P world is collapsing, but the members world ain't that pretty either.Members actually go to the F2P JUST TO CALL SOMEONE A "N00B".And if you think F2P wildy is bad, see the members.Let's see how long you last against rune arrows!

Oh and then they don't want us to have holiday items...why not?!It convinces new players to join the game.The though process they have is "Oh cool I got a reaper hood from a holiday!".Then a member comes up wearing a cooler "shade hood* and the F2P says "Dude where'd you get that awesome see through hood!".Then the member says "members only" and the F2P player convinces his parents to pay for it.

Trust me, half the players wouldn't be members if there was no F2P world.Me personally, I'm a F2P guy.Why?Because I pay for another online game, and I played members once and didn't find it all that exciting...I'll play Team fortress classic instead of castle wars thank you very much.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this brings up another point

who cares?

oh and if you dont like it why dont you play your other game since its obviously better than runescape (I know your venting but really)

EDIT: DID YOU JUST SAY A MEMBER DOESNT DESERVE MORE RIGHTS THAN A FREE PLAYER!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Ah Mithril Max.I don't hate this game.I just said that I'd rather play Team fortress than "castle wars".I just hate that minigame.Oh and if it sounded like i said members deserve less stuff, I'm sorry, but I meant how they react to holiday items, graphic updates,and crossbows etc is like that.

Ah Mithril Max.I don't hate this game.I just said that I'd rather play Team fortress than "castle wars".I just hate that minigame.Oh and if it sounded like i said members deserve less stuff, I'm sorry, but I meant how they react to holiday items, graphic updates,and crossbows etc is like that.

Don't play the minigame then, if you don't enjoy a minigame don't play it and if you don't enjoy the game as a whole, find one you'll enjoy.

When people tell me I should pay for the game to play!So your telling me, a guy who pays for ANOTHER online game, has to pay for this one to?Well,I understand that you're paying for the game.It doesn't mean you deserve more rights than a freeplayer, it just means you pay $5 bucks a month and you love your game.I don't have enough time to commit to this!

Err, well, it does, actually.

The reason most members want f2p to not get many updates is because... *Gasp* They don't pay for the updates... And don't give the all the [cabbage] about the ads, either, they barely pay for F2p. And as for members coming to f2p just to 'CALL PPL N00BS', those are mainly middle-range players who have low self-esteem... Sorry, but f2pers are incredibly lucky that they actually get to play as much of the game as they do, for free, and for as long as they want. Most games have a 10/20 day free trial, then you have to pay or leave. Just be happy JaGEx hasn't gone public, then F2p would probably be dissolved by the stockholders as 'unprofitable'...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

ok ok i see your venting and when i was f2p i was pretty pissed i gotta pay for a game so that i can get the other 70 (or 80) percent of the game :-X . yes f2p is THAT small. in f2p you can see some one in varrok then go play for about an hour and see that guy couple more times in different places. now what im trying to get at is that castle wars is a good minigame that's fun to play from time to time (or all the time if that floats your boat) but that's not like the signature of members.... what really signatures it is the other skills you can do and the quests you can accomplish.... recipie for disaster is a big quest within the other 30 or so hard ones.

as for members not deserving more than f2p..... well.... lets put it this way i saw this example used and im going to put what he said. kudos to the person that actually said it.

your in a resturant and the resturant has a special where you can have half of a really good platter that consits of all this great tasting food. now you only get a fraction of that but you can keep eating it for free and your content with eating this small sample. now you see other people really enjoying the full version of the platter so you think to yourself hmmm... i wonder how that tastes... well it certaintly can't hurt to at least try this platter at least once! so you try the platter and you notice how much better it tastes and you even get more sodas and drinks and varrations of what you can eat! so you enjoy it but for 5 dollars you dont think it's all that great. so you go back to eating the small sample of the platter. well your out 5 dollars and your a little mad about it but hey look on the bright side. you tried it out and know you know what the hype is. well as time continues that platter just keeps getting more stuff put on it and more and more variations or possibilities you can put on that platter. that will eventually look better to eat than your measley little smaple wouldnt it? well people who pay the 5 dollars for the platter can also have the sample but then again why bother when you can get the big one. well he justs wants to see what it was like when it was free. so he tries it and he's not full but he is satisfied of what he remembers and other things like that.

now that resturant could also refuse to have that free sample give-away but then again it was up to the guy who owned the resturant so he decided he'd get more money just by doing it. the owner COULD just make it so that you HAD to buy the platter but he thought it'd be a good idea to see how a little bit tastes for free. although you dont get all of the bells and whistles of the full platter you can still try it out. that's what jagex is doing.

so to sum it all up you CAN go to members but it's not like jagex is forcing it down your throat. free to play will probably never crumble but never say never. dont rip on the people who pay for the game because a lot of them aren't all that bad of people. i remember when i was f2p i got a lot of help from members when i was in the hole. i still get a little bit of help :D

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

i remember when i was f2p i got a lot of help from members when i was in the hole. i still get a little bit of help

I sure wish they'd bring back those days. Runescape nowadays is filled with High Level Snobs, Immature Low Levels, Macroers, Scammers and hax0rs.

RSC was mostly about fun, now RS2 is going straight to hell and people are losing the main concept of Runescape.

Imo, an accomplishment you achieved but didn't have fun with isn't an accomplishment.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Why does P2P get all of the updates? Because we are paying costumers. Jagex is a business, ad its main goal is to make money. The only reason F2P is there is to dangle members features in front of the players, to get more paying costumers. F2P is not there for the players to have fun.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

F2P is not there for the players to have fun.

Says who?

A game is made for people to have fun.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Says who?

And to companies get money.

To Wild Goat 14: That was the WORST and STUPIDEST thing I've heard in some time (The F2P "isn't for fun" part). You enjoy watching the grass grow, good bye!

I mostly posted this because players think there should be no F2P and everyone should have to pay.I pay for other games dammit!

thats like me buying a tv from 1 shop, then going into another and saying "Hey u should sell me this dvd player for free, i paid another shop"

I mostly posted this because players think there should be no F2P and everyone should have to pay.I pay for other games dammit!

thats like me buying a tv from 1 shop, then going into another and saying "Hey u should sell me this dvd player for free, i paid another shop"

That does not fit in the context whatsoever. Death said about people wanting F2P to be gone, and not saying just because he pays another game he should get Members for free. You has now failure.

That does not fit in the context whatsoever. Death said about people wanting F2P to be gone, and not saying just because he pays another game he should get Members for free. You has now failure.

f2p should be twice as restrictive as it already is, its only there to make people get members. due to the nature of the game itd be hard to do stuff like max level restrictments etc though.

f2p should be twice as restrictive as it already is, its only there to make people get members. due to the nature of the game itd be hard to do stuff like max level restrictments etc though.

How does that have anything to do with any damn thing I said?

Wow m4tty's been flaming my post's for sometime.

Dont flatter yourself.

How about you just keep playing f2p and disregard what other people say about members.

People get members so they can do things they think are cool or that they want to do, whats the problem with that?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Says who?

To Wild Goat 14: That was the WORST and STUPIDEST thing I've heard in some time (The F2P "isn't for fun" part). You enjoy watching the grass grow, good bye!

They don't try to make it as fun as they can for F2Pers, they dangle members items in front of them and try to do it to the point where they will buy members.

F2P wasn't made to be fun, it was made for business. Jagex's goal isn't for kids around the world to have a fun time, its for them to make money. Most of you can't seem to get that Jagex is a business.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Says who?

They don't try to make it as fun as they can for F2Pers, they dangle members items in front of them and try to do it to the point where they will buy members.

F2P wasn't made to be fun, it was made for business. Jagex's goal isn't for kids around the world to have a fun time, its for them to make money. Most of you can't seem to get that Jagex is a business.

Then you should have said it more clearly that F2P isn't supposed to be as fun as Members. It was made to be fun, just not as much as Members, your contradicting your own post. Jagex is a business, but to even get players they have to make even F2P fun. Meh.

Are we possibly forgetting that Andrew Gower first released RuneScape as a free game, with no initial intention of making the profit he does today?

But yes, they did eventually turn it into basically a "hook" for membership upon the release of Pay-to-Play: See how fun this is now? Pay up and it'll be twelve times more fun!

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I'm saying its not thier goal to make F2Pers content. Quite the opposite. They are trying to lure them in to members.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Are we possibly forgetting that Andrew Gower first released RuneScape as a free game, with no initial intention of making the profit he does today?

But yes, they did eventually turn it into basically a "hook" for membership upon the release of Pay-to-Play: See how fun this is now? Pay up and it'll be twelve times more fun!

Exactly. F2P WAS RS back a few years ago, and still is. P2P is an "expansion pack".

I'm saying its not thier goal to make F2Pers content. Quite the opposite. They are trying to lure them in to members.

Oh, I guess it's working then, just because of the occasional neglect they give us. If they restrict it too much people will think Jagex as money-hungry and instead of becoming members they'll leave.