Parents,8year olds, and swearing

Death_Hippy

O.k for a while now young players have been bi-passing the age filter.It says you need to be 13 to play, but do they care?No, because they all need their fix of games that are to old and mature for them.That's what's been happening recently.

Kids nowadays don't play Mario or nintendo because they are "lame".They'd rather stick with stuff that's overage for them like Grand Theft Auto or Halo or some crap like that.These people who play those games come to this one and ignore the almost ESRB rating of the game.

So what's so bad about kids joining this game?When they get hacked they instantly complain to Jagex about it with parents saying "Why did my sons account get hacked?".The reason it got hacked was probably because the little bastard tried to download a hack for a game that is to "hard" for him.

Parents don't know about the age filter.Their child say's "It's a kids game".No, club penguin is a kids game.This is a Teen game.Which means,parents, that there WILL BE SWEARING IN THIS GAME.I've heard about parents complaining about the swearing a lot, and they don't seem to understand this.

I can swear as much as I dam want you little [wagon].I can go around lumbridge flaring the F-bomb without much of a problem.In fact they SHOULDN'T be able to ban me for it, because it's blocked.To bad jagex thinks teens parents mind if they're swearing.Unless the parent is watching em, the parent is not gonna find out.

What's with 8 year olds playing anyways?I don't understand what hyperactive kid's want with a slow game like this.You'd think they'd be playing Tetris,Doom, or some other violent shooting game.It's what most of our generation wants these days.So...why?Is it because they can't find any other games?Are their parents against violence?If so, doesn't this game count as violence?

What's strange to me is how parents rate violence.Violence is violence people!Even if their isn't any blood in a game, it doesn't mean the thing I killed isn't dead.It's still dead...just slightly less graphic.

So parents stop letting your kids play this game...especially if you don't want them to learn how to swear.This game is like weed,crack, or some other kind of drug to these kids.When little kids play they don't know when to stop...do you want your child to gain a addictive personality?I don't think you do. :evil:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and how does this rant have anything to do with u personally?

and + how will u ever kno if ppl r above the age limit of 13?

hell i could be 8 years old! (which im not)

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

Yes I know, mario rocks.And how does this affect me personally?When people tell me not to say bad words.And when I have to hear about people getting hacked...when I'm pretty dam sure was from when they tried to go to a hacking site.How do I tell 8year olds from 13 year olds?They tell me their age when I ask after hearing "don't swear my mom said I can't play if people swear!".After that I constantly swear till he logs out.

Tell me, how exactly do you swear again? :XD:

They tell me their age when I ask after hearing "don't swear my mom said I can't play if people swear!".After that I constantly swear till he logs out.

My new hero.... <3:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Yes I know, mario rocks.And how does this affect me personally?When people tell me not to say bad words.And when I have to hear about people getting hacked...when I'm pretty dam sure was from when they tried to go to a hacking site.How do I tell 8year olds from 13 year olds?They tell me their age when I ask after hearing "don't swear my mom said I can't play if people swear!".After that I constantly swear till he logs out.
and by getting their age info r u asking them personally? cuz thats breaking a rule...... and im pretty sure kids wont tell their age, cuz they kno theyll get banned......... and constantly swearing is about as stupid a thing u can do, just wait til u get reported dozens of times...... which swear reports r practically unappealable imo

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

and by getting their age info r u asking them personally? cuz thats breaking a rule...... and im pretty sure kids wont tell their age, cuz they kno theyll get banned......... and constantly swearing is about as stupid a thing u can do, just wait til u get reported dozens of times...... which swear reports r practically unappealable imo

If there kids, I highly doubt they read the rules. Heck, I was overage, and I didn't even read them at first. Did I even know what a "ban" was(not dictionary wise...) ::'

hopesolopatriot.jpg

well i think theyd kno better than go advertising their age all around runescape, if not, shame on the parents :notalk:

You don't need to swear simply because you are 13+. It just makes you seem like a 6 year old with great diction. Back OT, yes, younger kids shouldn't be playing. No, you shouldn't be swearing.

I don't ask people their ages...they tell me most of the time.Some of em are just that stupid!And I can report them for being underage?Really?Dam that's fricken sweet!Now where'd I put my report stick?
and u get counterreported for cursing to them for being underaged, as u stated b4 in this topic, and another thing most of the time isnt ALL of the time, if all=most, then i missed something somewhere along the road of what we call life

+ ive seen that uve put alot of rants on here and u use alot of "frickin" and "hardcore" lingo like that, if u wanna get ur point across, use INTELLIGENT language, itll help a great deal ::'

You know, you got a good point about my language...then again, I speak in generally all forms.The "hardcore" type and the "Intelligent" type.I just like to mix them together.Someday I'll try to add a sentence without using the more "hardcore" type of language...ya I've put on a lot of rants though I can ALWAYS find something to complain about in any game in any way shape or form.

....You'd think they'd be playing Tetris,Doom, or some other violent shooting game....

Are you saying tetris is a shooting game? Because if you are, you are horribly wrong lol.

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

You know...because they're communist.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I am 50/50 on this. It all depends on their IQ really. I admit, I am 1 year underaged for this game. It really does not bother me at all. I have a friend that played RuneScape when he was in the second grade! He is a staight A student who NEVER curses. I see the immaturity of the community, but I cannot agree that they are all 13-. It all depends on their IQ. Instread of a 13 year age restriction, Jagex should make a quiz to tell if your IQ is higher than 50 :anxious: \' :XD:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

True above poster so true.Though I'm not saying were all 8 year olds, I'm just saying I hate it when I find so dam many of them in one place =_=.I have yet to find many intelligent players, because after 2005, I got my first "can i have free stuff?".God that was scary :shock:

I am 50/50 on this. It all depends on their IQ really. I admit, I am 1 year underaged for this game. It really does not bother me at all. I have a friend that played RuneScape when he was in the second grade! He is a staight A student who NEVER curses. I see the immaturity of the community, but I cannot agree that they are all 13-. It all depends on their IQ. Instread of a 13 year age restriction, Jagex should make a quiz to tell if your IQ is higher than 50 :anxious: \' :XD:

wouldnt 50/50 (since its written in fraction form) be 100%?

wouldnt 50/50 (since its written in fraction form) be 100%?

50-50... Fine w/e... :uhh:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.