Merchanting:I pick my own price thank you.

Death_Hippy

People have been discussing item prices since they joined this game.WHY?Is it really THAT important to have a special little "price" on a damn item which could be found with the same amount of work it takes to find a guy who's selling it?I've been reported for "scamming" people with some of my prices.The weird part is, I sell items that aren't normally sold.For example, I sell dwarven stouts for 10gp (they sell for more around 5gp) and i get reported for scamming!What the heck?Who decides the prices anyway?The price fairy?!

Why can't people decide their own prices?Don't I have the right to sell my iron helmet for 4k?Why not?It's not "scamming" if the player didn't ask for the shop price.If I lied and said the shop price was that, I'm scamming.I just said "selling iron helmet for 4k".I didn't add "cheap price!" or "lowest price"! I simply stated what I was selling the item for.

If the players are ill informed they only lost a small amount of money anyway's.I don't like to lie to newbies (I've been there...don't want what happened to me to happen :shock: ).If they ask, I tell them the price, they leave, no-ones hurt.Unless were in wildy.Then I beat their face in with my bare hands :twisted: .

Post any comments on this.And if you can, someone answer this question I've been wondering:Who picks these bloody prices?!(Might edit this later)

The natural course of the economic system in RuneScape picks the values of items, to answer your questions. It's no ones fault, just there's some players who think economic value is law and not for profit...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The natural course of the economic system in RuneScape picks the values of items, to answer your questions. It's no ones fault, just there's some players who think economic value is law and not for profit...
Thanks nick :thumbsup:

Who picks these bloody prices?

Short answer... the market. Slightly longer one, as players buy and sell items, the amount of cash they are willing to trade for and accept for those items gravitate toward an average amount dictated by the item's availability and relative desirability. Dragon boots are no more 'available' now than a few hours after the God Wars dungeon came out. Their relative desirability has decreased so the price has gone down.

Don't I have the right to sell my iron helmet for 4k?

Of course you do... however you shouldn't expect others not to query you on it. If you went to the corner store to buy a litre of milk, and the proprietor said "One bottle of milk, that will be fifty dollars thanks", you don't think you might say "Hang on, doesn't a litre of milk only cost around two dollars?". Sure it's his right to sell it for whatever he wants to, you have the choice to either buy it, or take the time to obtain your milk elsewhere.

siganizq4.gif

Who picks these bloody prices?

Short answer... the market. Slightly longer one, as players buy and sell items, the amount of cash they are willing to trade for and accept for those items gravitate toward an average amount dictated by the item's availability and relative desirability. Dragon boots are no more 'available' now than a few hours after the God Wars dungeon came out. Their relative desirability has decreased so the price has gone down.

Don't I have the right to sell my iron helmet for 4k?

Of course you do... however you shouldn't expect others not to query you on it. If you went to the corner store to buy a litre of milk, and the proprietor said "One bottle of milk, that will be fifty dollars thanks", you don't think you might say "Hang on, doesn't a litre of milk only cost around two dollars?". Sure it's his right to sell it for whatever he wants to, you have the choice to either buy it, or take the time to obtain your milk elsewhere.

I'm just saying you don't need to report me for it <.< .Oh, and who decides what is "desirable" and then prices it?Seems like people just copy other people.

This is a really good question.

1) Rarely-used items dont have a set price in the RS economy. That's why people report others for asking for too much money. I think that's totally wrong, this has happened to me a few times too.

2) You can set your own price, but good luck. If you were a buyer, which would you pick: a guy who sticks with the normal prices and is selling a whip for 1.6 mil, or the guy who is making his own prices and selling his whip for 3 mil? Of course, the guy who is making his own prices could price the whip much lower at say, 800k. But tell me when you see that guy, I'll be there in a flash :)

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

I can get my videogames from two sources: Online shops and local. Normally, a typical game from Play.com costs me around 19.99, the same game from Game.net costs me 23.99 while locally it costs 34.99.

It's the same product though for various reasons each distributor may sell it for different prices (locally includes shipping costs and VAT). It doesn't make them scammers since the product is legitimate and they don't hide any information about the product in case it is faulty.

Don't forget, the basis of scams are:

*Take advantage of victim,

*Lie about the product,

*Sell it for a price much higher than it would be normally sold for.

Travelling salesmen are scammers. :-$

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I'm just saying you don't need to report me for it <.< .

I don't believe I've ever encountered you in game, much less reported you.

Oh, and who decides what is "desirable" and then prices it?

Each of us do individually... the aggregation of which sets a market price. A law rune is worth nowhere near as much as some people will pay for them when stuck for a teleport - the desirability increases, so too does the price people are willing to pay for the item.

Seems like people just copy other people.

That works on a number of levels. The most obvious one being subconscious price fixing. Two people buying pure essence in a bank if one is offering to pay 150 per essence and the other only 50, the two will rapidly converge to avoid either party either paying more than they otherwise might have to, or spending more time waiting for a seller.

siganizq4.gif

Don't worry about being reported. As long as you don't lie about it being like, a 'rare spinach roll' or 'selling bronze pick cheap 10k' then you're doing nothing wrong.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

Who picks these bloody prices?!(

The Price Fairy! lol ::'

No really...an item is worth as much as you can sell it for)) If people need something asap they can overpay...i remember selling blue vambs for clue for 50k :XD:

So..you have the right to sell anything for any price as long as its not scamming=)

>>>Gl and as little annoying noobs as possible :mrgreen: <<<

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

of the many (many) rants you make this is the 2nd one i agree with. :lol:

i get that all the time. the worst is when they say: nooooo scammer rune hq says that abby wip 1 million! god what a scammer scam scam scam :-#

+1

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

i get that all the time. the worst is when they say: nooooo scammer rune hq says that abby wip 1 million! god what a scammer scam scam scam :-#

+1

who uses rune hq? zybez is better

runescape is runescape. And unfortunatly runescape is a game filled with 8 year olds who have no lives. (well, thats what a large ajority of rs has turned into)

megamansigho7.jpg

+1

runescape is runescape. And unfortunatly runescape is a game filled with 8 year olds who have no lives. (well, thats what a large ajority of rs has turned into)

coming from the person with sonic as there icon? :-k

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

+1

yay! lol not all of mine are going to be agreed with...it's a rant...that's why it's not in the "discussion" section of rants.It's weird when people rant at me for being to "angry" at the moment of the rant...isn't a rant a angry outburst?! Though, sometimes I write stuff I know will tick people off...funny reactions is all I gotta say.

i like this topic :thumbsup:

for example i was selling air runes at 25 ea and some guy cam up and started saying "you noob airs are 20 ea not 25 learn the prices!!!!"

why? i want to sell at 25? people buy at 25?

annoying.....

swordfight2.png

swordfight2.png

Quest Cape - Combat 94, Done Grandmaster Quest - 27/11/08, Combat 115

Godwars: 1 Sara hilt, 1 Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, 2x Steam battlestaff, Zammy spear, 6 Shards.

Dks: 1 worrior, 1 axe

+1

coming from the person with sonic as there icon? :-k

Sonic owns mate :thumbsup:

and he's right. Zybez is better then RHQ for item prices ::'

Zaroterasu.png