Letters to the Editor #9!

MPM

re: Co-operation

RS has no forced co-operation in place, just like it has no overall forced gameplay. It's part of what makes RS so unique and appealing to so many ... you can play the game as you wish.

To me though, I'd like to see more areas within the game where true team play is needed (a bit like BA needs a team), even though I agree that there are already good opportunities for those that like to play that way.

Edit: Ohh, first ever first post

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

I strongly agree with Triforceelf on the point about the Legend of Zelda. One thing that was instantly noticable about Twilight Princess was the lack of any side-quests. It was, unfortunetely, a very linear game and as thus didn't come anywhere near to the standards Ocarina of Time has set before it. I think Nintendo focused so much on graphics, they forgot about the actual gameplay, which I'm surprised at because that's always been the reverse with Nintendo.

Jagex have rightly followed Nintendo's suit though. OK, make the graphics decent at least, but don't focus on making the scenary aesthetically-pleasing over a good game. I'd play Wind Waker over Halo 3 anyday, simply for its quality of gameplay. When I see a movie, I'm more encapsulated by the storyline than the special effects.

A very good example.

I strongly agree with Triforceelf on the point about the Legend of Zelda. One thing that was instantly noticable about Twilight Princess was the lack of any side-quests. It was, unfortunetely, a very linear game and as thus didn't come anywhere near to the standards Ocarina of Time has set before it. I think Nintendo focused so much on graphics, they forgot about the actual gameplay, which I'm surprised at because that's always been the reverse with Nintendo.

Jagex have rightly followed Nintendo's suit though. OK, make the graphics decent at least, but don't focus on making the scenary aesthetically-pleasing over a good game. I'd play Wind Waker over Halo 3 anyday, simply for its quality of gameplay. When I see a movie, I'm more encapsulated by the storyline than the special effects.

A very good example.

Yes, Jagex doesn't focus on the main parts of runescape that needs improvment somtimes. There are more Graphic Updates than Good Quest, Add on's, and other additions to the site.

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

I'm more refering to the principle behind RuneScape, which is undoubtedly good gameplay > graphics, rather than the nature behind their more recent updates.

Personally, I find most updates released recently are actually more drived at expanding the game's diversity, or improving on mechanisms that had become overstreched due to last year's population boom, an example being the GE, which I believe is only coming because World 2 cannot cope with the strain any longer.

Wind Waker is probably my 2nd favorite Zelda game. My favorite is Ocarina of Time. I agree that gameplay>graphics.

Bdavis12.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Nice letters. I too liked the graphics on windwaker. It made the game a lot more pleasing with its vibrant colors. Still, I thought TP was a better game. Back to the topic, I wish jagex would switch to a different graphic style so it could compete with other games. I just contradicted myself there didn't I? Oh well.

Gameplay>Graphics (unless the graphics are really sucky like runescape's)

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

A very good example.

Yes, Jagex doesn't focus on the main parts of runescape that needs improvment somtimes. There are more Graphic Updates than Good Quest, Add on's, and other additions to the site.

The graphics updates are prepared by the graphics team, and the quests are created by the content team. The graphics people don't make quests, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure that the graphics team is far smaller than the content team anyway. Just because there have been more updates doesn't mean that Jagex is placing more effort in graphics than content and I doubt that graphically updating a town takes a lot of time and money.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

zomg ts missplacedme :shock: you liek famous!! :D

ilways love reading this :)

edit: zomg 499 post next post i get new thing over pic :ohnoes:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Excellent, both letters make there points very well and I agree with them both, you do have to have co-operative to have competitive and you don't have to have good graphics to have a good game :)

Loved the slaughter/laughter thing :D

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Gratz to you on being published Emo_wise! :D Im pretty excited that the tip.it staff thought my letter was good enough to publish! Maybe I can write more in the future 8-)

But I agree that the new team implementations were needed BADLY. This way you dont have to worry so much about getting a dishonest partner for something since the loot is evenly distributed.

triforceelf.png