Mining

gremmy

So, i have a goal of 85 mining. I need some advice on how to get it. Simply the fastest in your opinion.

Currently i'm mining iron at Yanille/Port Khazard and banking in the Bank Deposit Box. I think this is decent, but still.. Slow.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Mining will stay slow, no matter how you'll do it, it'll stay slow. There for, going from 65 to 85 in a row might be a bit too much. Better break it up in smaller pieces (get 75 first for example and stop mining).

For the mining itself: if you think this is too slow, it's best too powermine granite in the desert with lunar spell humidify which will automatically fill your empty water skins. But don't expect incredible high xp rates there either

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Mining will stay slow, no matter how you'll do it, it'll stay slow. There for, going from 65 to 85 in a row might be a bit too much. Better break it up in smaller pieces (get 75 first for example and stop mining).

For the mining itself: if you think this is too slow, it's best too powermine granite in the desert with lunar spell humidify which will automatically fill your empty water skins. But don't expect incredible high xp rates there either

+1

VIX VIX VIX

+1

Thanks for your amazing delightful input. This will really help him, creates an amazing discussion, and is a nice story. :roll:

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I know. I just HATE 1 worded responces. How much spammier could they get? Saying +1, lol, etc, does NOT conrtirbute to the topic in any way, it's a spammy way of getting higher post count.

On topic, granite as wachtwood said. Unless you don't have humidy(I don't know), stick with iron.

Thanks for replies (someone).

I did think about doing granite, but i heard alot of people saying that it's harder to mine, and therefore slower. And yeah, taking small bits is what i'm doing, getting 70 atm.

Yeah i have also been at the Piscatoris place, but i prefer banking above dropping :P.

EDIT: To the above post. When you post that '+1' i think that someone posted a new idea, giving me an annoying dissapointment. I didn't ask wether you support granite mining, i asked for new ideas. And if you ABSOLUTELY want to support it, come with more than '+1'.. -.-

I did think about doing granite, but i heard alot of people saying that it's harder to mine, and therefore slower. And yeah, taking small bits is what i'm doing, getting 70 atm.

Yeah i have also been at the Piscatoris place, but i prefer banking above dropping :P.

EDI: To the above post. When you post that '+1' i think that someone posted a new idea, giving me an annoying dissapointment. I didn't ask wether you support granite mining, i asked for new ideas. And if you ABSOLUTELY want to support it, come with more than '+1'.. -.-

They don't know what they are talking about, the hourly exp rate at granite exeeds iron. There's also a "switching" technique used to mine one, and drop the ore while you mine the second one. Exp rates are about 45k exp per hour, not too bad, but it requires 100% focused attention and that is the real challenge.

Wear desert robe bottoms and boots and Varrock armor 3 as top (if you have, it will help, if not then just desert top). Desert clothes pretty much double the length of your waterskins and with the switching method you only need 2 inventory spaces for the rocks so everything else can either be waterskins or runes for humidify.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Hmm, i guess granite is the answer.. And 45k an hour sound delicious :P, if i can focus.. Anyway thanks for the great responses, helped me alot :)

EDI: To the above post. When you post that '+1' i think that someone posted a new idea, giving me an annoying dissapointment. I didn't ask wether you support granite mining, i asked for new ideas. And if you ABSOLUTELY want to support it, come with more than '+1'.. -.-

They don't know what they are talking about, the hourly exp rate at granite exeeds iron. There's also a "switching" technique used to mine one, and drop the ore while you mine the second one. Exp rates are about 45k exp per hour, not too bad, but it requires 100% focused attention and that is the real challenge.

Wear desert robe bottoms and boots and Varrock armor 3 as top (if you have, it will help, if not then just desert top). Desert clothes pretty much double the length of your waterskins and with the switching method you only need 2 inventory spaces for the rocks so everything else can either be waterskins or runes for humidify.

Why do you need the Varrock 3 armour?

And (as you may have guessed) I just don't like powermining. It'd rather produce something rather then create totally nothing even if it's slower. Maybe I should have been more clear about how powermining is way better Xp/hour (I never know the exact numbers).

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I am quite sure while wearing Varrock armour you can recieve an extra ore when you are mining a ore deposit. This would mean faster xp per hour.

In my opinion, granite is the fastest, but rather annoying without the Lunar Magicks spell, Humidity. If you do not have the spell, then stick with power-mining iron ores. I like the Al Kaharid mines myself, but I might just be living in the past, mining in F2P areas. :roll:

Have fun. :)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I was fairly sure that the Varock armour only worked in Varock and Edgeville area, not the Quarry.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I was fairly sure that the Varock armour only worked in Varock and Edgeville area, not the Quarry.

The mining bonus works everywhere. The smelting bonus is the only thing that is limited to the area.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

+1

Thanks for your amazing delightful input. This will really help him, creates an amazing discussion, and is a nice story. :roll:

I report these posts.. They are nothing but a +1 to post count, and not doing anything for help the thread poster -.- (I don't think mods much care though :-w )

Anyways OT: To calc how long it will take you to get 85 Mining, it has been tested and you can get 40-55k Mining exp per hour powermining granite.

So you figure:

67 mining now with 547,996 exp

85 mining goal with 3,258,594 exp

Thats (3,258,594-547,996) = 2,710,598 exp needed.

2,710,598/50k (average exp) = 54.2 hours of play.

So it should take you 54.2 hours of play, which will take 1 month at a little under 2 hours a day.

-------------------------------------

Correct any of my math if its wrong.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I went on a mining streak for a little while. I lost membership and mined iron F2P in the Verrock mine. I then traded low levels and they banked. When they returned from banking, they brought back 26 noted iron. I payed 50gp each for the iron. I got some nice xp, some money, they got money, it worked well except that low lvl F2P players are very unreliable and i had to constantly recruit new ones. If you set it up well, its worth it.

I am quite sure while wearing Varrock armour you can recieve an extra ore when you are mining a ore deposit. This would mean faster xp per hour.

In my opinion, granite is the fastest, but rather annoying without the Lunar Magicks spell, Humidity. If you do not have the spell, then stick with power-mining iron ores. I like the Al Kaharid mines myself, but I might just be living in the past, mining in F2P areas. :roll:

Have fun. :)

If you have the camulet you can just take each banking trip as a small break.

I would say stick with iron till 80 then switch to granite, wear at least varrock armor 1 for iron, at least 2 for granite.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I used to mine granite when I was training that skill, and it is really the fastest way. Though I do not use the lunar magics, the only difference is teleing to lumby to get new waterskins/fill waterskins. I'll get back on it sometime, but not just yet. :)

Power mining with iron is an option.

Do granite! Even better.

But the mining skill is a *woman that wants to get paid for sex*.

VERY VERY slow, and not funny at all...

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Powermining granite really is the way to go, if you lack lunar magics just bring a bucket and go refill in the nearby underground dungeon

You should have 23 waterskins and the rest is for the granite

Here's how you do :

Click a rock

Right click granite in inventory

As soon as you mine the rock drop the pre-clicked granite

go for another rock and repeat

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

+1

I report these posts.. They are nothing but a +1 to post count, and not doing anything for help the thread poster -.- (I don't think mods much care though :-w )

If you look through these forums you find tons of them.

VIX VIX VIX

Anyways OT: To calc how long it will take you to get 85 Mining, it has been tested and you can get 40-55k Mining exp per hour powermining granite.

So you figure:

67 mining now with 547,996 exp

85 mining goal with 3,258,594 exp

Thats (3,258,594-547,996) = 2,710,598 exp needed.

2,710,598/50k (average exp) = 54.2 hours of play.

So it should take you 54.2 hours of play, which will take 1 month at a little under 2 hours a day.

-------------------------------------

Correct any of my math if its wrong.

That helped alot, thanks very much.

Right now i'm at the granite place with alot of waterskins and 100 Humidify spells. Goes pretty well, and not too boring... Yet :uhh:

One question: Is it ALL THREE Varrock armours which gives extra ores? Or only Varrock Armour 3?

Every varrock armor gives a 5% chance of mining two ores at once.

Varrock armor 1: up to and including coal

Varrock armor 2: up to and including mithrill

Varrock armor 3: up to and including adamant

So only with varrock armor 2 and 3 you have a chance of mining 2 ores at once if you mine granite.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Ah thanks =)

+1

If you look through these forums you find tons of them.

And I report every one I see m8, Don't think I am picking on you because I'm not.

That helped alot, thanks very much.

Right now i'm at the granite place with alot of waterskins and 100 Humidify spells. Goes pretty well, and not too boring... Yet uhhhh

One question: Is it ALL THREE Varrock armours which gives extra ores? Or only Varrock Armour 3?

Np m8, I try to help whenever its a topic I am pretty well endowed with knowledge in.

Apparently, my signature was to big.