Everyone forgot about duel arena?

Str4lif3

In a 64 man tournament, you're basically saying "I'm going to stake 10m... if I win, now I'm forced to stake 20m, then 40m, then 80m, then 160m, then 320m. And if I win all those I'll come out with 640m, or 630m ahead." That doesn't sound too wise TBH.

On the other hand, people usually wouldn't think of the last stake as a "320M" stake; they only feel like they've invested 10M. This reduces the scary "Omg I'm staking all my cash!" feeling that scares away many from the duel arena. Sure, in effect, the last round is the same as staking 320M, but it doesn't feel that serious.

none of you think hard enough.

you can probably make it so the profit gets shared.

if 64 people invest 1mil each.

the winner of the tournament gets 32mil

2nd place gets 16mil

3rd gets 8mil

etc

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

It says UP TO 64. Yes, it would be hard to get 64 people but you could do it with 2, or 37, or any number you want really.

P.S. Will this have teams?

Well obviously its made to support teams of up to 32 per team, or it might as well be called "the wilderness", no?

no, its not obvious. seeing how i bet most poeple figured it would be like this

12 people go fight 1 on 1 fights who wins, fights then winners = 3vs3. then 1 vs 1 winner fights 1 vs 1 of that then. as an example.

In a 64 man tournament, you're basically saying "I'm going to stake 10m... if I win, now I'm forced to stake 20m, then 40m, then 80m, then 160m, then 320m. And if I win all those I'll come out with 640m, or 630m ahead." That doesn't sound too wise TBH.

On the other hand, people usually wouldn't think of the last stake as a "320M" stake; they only feel like they've invested 10M. This reduces the scary "Omg I'm staking all my cash!" feeling that scares away many from the duel arena. Sure, in effect, the last round is the same as staking 320M, but it doesn't feel that serious.

2nd place gets 16mil

3rd gets 8mil

etc

good point.

2nd place gets 16mil

3rd gets 8mil

etc

I thought that too, but I think in the tidbit on the front page for that BTS it said that it was winner take all :roll:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If you put 10m in a 64 man tournament against 63 level 90s, even if you're level 126, you might not win.

I HAVE fought and lost against a level 87 once. Admittedly it was a fluke. I was level 122 and I literally hit 2-1, 3-2, 1-1, 4-1 through full rune, while he hits 0-15, 0-0, 12-13, 16-0 on my guthans/v hybrided defense... Then he proceeds to beat me with 2 hp left since I never hit over 15 with whip.

+1 i despise the luck system there. i doubt anyone would have the mind to stake 10m in a 64 man tournament. they did mention prizes so i doubt this entry fees going to have anything to do with it.

2nd place gets 16mil

3rd gets 8mil

etc

I thought that too, but I think in the tidbit on the front page for that BTS it said that it was winner take all :roll:

yeah well can you detail where you found this winner take all because i dont see it. lol :roll:

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

[hide]

2nd place gets 16mil

3rd gets 8mil

etc

yeah well can you detail where you found this winner take all because i dont see it. lol :roll:

[/hide]

If you read my post carefully, I said the tidbit for the BTS November. Unfortunately, that tidbit isn't on the front page anymore.

Or I could be totally wrong :uhh:

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

You wanted more options on the Hiscores table, well, soon you will be able to track your Tournament Rank, which will reflect your Duel Arena awesomeness!

hm, perhaps this is good or bad, i like it but it could be a hindrance to stakers who want to conceal their their godliness

You wanted more options on the Hiscores table, well, soon you will be able to track your Tournament Rank, which will reflect your Duel Arena awesomeness!

hm, perhaps this is good or bad, i like it but it could be a hindrance to stakers who want to conceal their their godliness

since it says 'track your tournament rank' i'm guessing it will just track your tournament rank. Doesn't say anything about tracking normal stakes. Although you're quite right, i'm sure theres a few high lvl staking pures that wouldn't want their win/lose ratio published if they did show normal stakes :P

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I feel there are going to be multiple tournament types. One could be the 'tree' system, where single players partake in individual duels, advancing per win. One could be a team red vs. team blue, or perhaps more teams, so there could be team red, team blue, team green, team yellow, team black, team white... and the last team standing wins (The winnings are shared between the members) in a huge battle.

One could be teams partaking in the 'tree' style tournament.

Another could be a series of heats so you accumulate points.

There could even be tournaments with random rules (apart from the fun weapons rule) to test versatility.

The possibilities are very varied, and I hope Jagex utilises more than one.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It could also mean purposely losing battles to deflate your rating... :-$ I know us chess players do that to become "underrated"

sigcopyaf.png

If you ask me, this is a very fun opportunity but yet there will soon be a domination scale:

low levels- pures dominate. regular players stand no chance unless they have a high def for their level.

Higher levels- the strongest player dominates. very low chances a lower level beats someone ten levels above him unless the lower level is incredibly rich or has a good strategy.

Avid stakers- they'll raise the stakes immediatly. Put up 1mil (which can be nothing to them), and if they win, easy 64mil for them. People who are not used to staking cant do a thing.

Then again, the update sounds awesome and I'll definatly play it since I got some cash to spend.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

since it says 'track your tournament rank' i'm guessing it will just track your tournament rank. Doesn't say anything about tracking normal stakes. Although you're quite right, i'm sure theres a few high lvl staking pures that wouldn't want their win/lose ratio published if they did show normal stakes :P

yes, but if a player has really high tournament ranking first of all it might be like, do join the tournament against them or stake them

however, i guess we will have to wait another day or 2 to find out. and anyway, i hope the offer rewards instead of $. because then it would be interesting if the rewards were reasonable equiptment for combat/pking/staking.