~ Wewt, My second RuneScape Interface.

kn1gh7_K1n6

After Hours of editing, I have finally finished this new RuneScape interface, all done in Microsoft Paint once again. (except the 'report abuse button, which i had to colorize in Gimp.)

2000totalupgradedcopyoq6.png

[hide=old]

2000totalupgradedeh6.png

[/hide]

Any Feedback would really be appreciated, such as what you like and don't like about it. Thanks for looking!

tinysigqj9.png

3rd person to reach 200M Fm Xp ~ Reached on 9th March 2008

Retired 4th August, 2008.

Hmm, I don't like them appearing like buttons, they stand out too much.

And some icons are I think copied from RS itself, like the fire and the skull ( although it looks better then the actual slayer icon to be honest :oops: ).

I would prefer the current rs interface over this. But thats just me.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I think the button style effect and retangular shape makes it look too... 1980's. If you get me.

It looks very basic, try rounding off some buttons and adding glossy effects etc.

Of course I'm aware that RuneScape is based on the Middle Ages (roughy), but use the effects subtley and it would look nice.

spacescenev24.jpg

nice, i like it, since they stick out like that it makes me think that if u click them it will giv u ur current exp. when u lvl exp and basicly was it does now but u have to click it? also lov the slayer icon, new ones dumb lol, the map idea is AWSOME i'm tired of gettin asked by noobs where they are, its really annoying

robo.jpeg

Sig by thru,yaff, ty both :)

Hmm, I don't like them appearing like buttons, they stand out too much.

And some icons are I think copied from RS itself, like the fire and the skull ( although it looks better then the actual slayer icon to be honest :oops: ).

I would prefer the current rs interface over this. But thats just me.

Yes, I did end up using some on RuneScape's icons after deciding some of mine look completely terrible. (used Rs's str, def, rc, thieve craft, mining, smith, fish and farming.) The others ar from level up's, however i still had to re-make parts of it after it didn't look good (such as adding 3d effects to fm, hp, magic.)

[hide=Previous]

testdv6.png

[/hide]

would that style of buttons on that interface be any better (probably worser)?

Thanks for you feedback, appreciated.

I think it is still WIP. I like style of map but its not finished. Where are bankers?!

Keep forgetting to add the yellow dots *sigh*

I think the button style effect and retangular shape makes it look too... 1980's. If you get me.

It looks very basic, try rounding off some buttons and adding glossy effects etc.

Of course I'm aware that RuneScape is based on the Middle Ages (roughy), but use the effects subtley and it would look nice.

Hmm, what do you mean by "rounding off"? also, take this for example.

[hide=Too modern]

rstestrn8.png

[/hide]

Too much glossiness on that. If I were to implement that glossiness to the buttons, would it ruin it? (also, notice the 3d effects of the button, more central than top left corner.)

Thanks for your feedback.

tinysigqj9.png

roudning off i think means to make the edges rounded, not so pointy.

As for the second one, they look WAY too futuristic. It might look good for MechScape though :-k

HOW did you do this in paint?

Take for example the map.

Firstly, the map border was cropped and edited to size. secondly, i took part of the textbox and fitted in the location area. finally, the letters were reproduced pixel by pixel.

tinysigqj9.png

HOW did you do this in paint?

Take for example the map.

Firstly, the map border was cropped and edited to size. secondly, i took part of the textbox and fitted in the location area. finally, the letters were reproduced pixel by pixel.

Dang

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

I think, the only thing i dont like is the N E S W compass, maybe take it from where it is, and put it where your "location" is, it looks out of place where it is.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

I like it a lot. Especially the new map interface. I don't enjoy the current runescape layout for the map. Yours is a lot better. I especially fancy the "Current Location".

Well done.

Thanks.

I think, the only thing i dont like is the N E S W compass, maybe take it from where it is, and put it where your "location" is, it looks out of place where it is.

Yes, I know the compass is out of place, but I'm not sure if putting the compass at the 'location' area would be good. main reason is that the location part will become unbalanced (possibly).

Will try and tweak it and see what happens.

tinysigqj9.png

• 2 weeks later...

I like it, I really do!

The skill tabs look better than those stupid new ones Jagex put in, and they look new and original!

The map looks great, and looks easier to handle; it's also bigger, but it doesn't lose any space in the game screen itself.

I like it!

Thats really nice, the new RS chat does seam out of place with the old stoney things in the background around the map, and the lizards ... its just weird, this one is much better in my opinion and you should put that modern one in the first post. (MechScape is coming :anxious: )

That's amazing you should definitely try sending that in. One thing I would suggest is that you could maybe put the location part on the top of the map and put the compass on the right side instead of the left. Another thing you might want to try is to add more room in the skills list for summoning?

Overall it's great and much better than the current one nice job! :thumbsup:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg