how long before more minigame highscores

krisc6

well we have duel torrnament highscores but wouldnt it be oh so easy to have trouble brewing highscores and castle wars highscores?ie:logging the amount of poe you get or cw tickets you have reieved over a certain amount of time.

it seems only a certain amount of time before we see more,this mini games highscores table almost makes jagex poised to do it

tifsdac6mc.gif

A good point made there, and judging by the fact that the minigames High Scores are seperate from the skills High Scores, this will probably happen in time. :)

Afterall, creating a new category for just one minigame would seem a bit pointless. :P

i dont think they should have hiscores for mini games....to much to hassle with and i like the way we compete right now as it is.....with it theres just too much competition and the high levels would dominate

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

i dont think they should have hiscores for mini games....to much to hassle with and i like the way we compete right now as it is.....with it theres just too much competition and the high levels would dominate

The high levels would dominate.. excuse me but don't they deserve it, seeing as they worked most for it?

I see tons of whiners about duel arena already even tho im not even member, they complain that the high levels win... well numbnuts they worked for it and they damn well better win most of the time!!!

Gaming hall arena.

They already have the pointing system. Which means they have the information in a database, which means all they would have to do is create a page and make a script to show the highest.

er, what information from runescape ISN'T stored on a database? They could implement a highscore for literally anything in game if they chose to.

and I'm sure they do. Internally. For balancing purposes

They could take a snapshot of the database daily and display who earned the most exp in each skill. I'm positive they've done a ton of things like this internally.

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

Gaming hall arena.

They already have the pointing system. Which means they have the information in a database, which means all they would have to do is create a page and make a script to show the highest.

er, what information from runescape ISN'T stored on a database? They could implement a highscore for literally anything in game if they chose to.

They could take a snapshot of the database daily and display who earned the most exp in each skill. I'm positive they've done a ton of things like this internally.

Yes, but the other games aren't as well designed for highscores.

FOr example, Castle wars, Yes they could count it by the amount of tickets you have. But what about the people who traded it for armor. They would probably want to turn it to a "Total Tickets Received" instead of "Tickets right now". Which would mean even if you lose a ticket, you still get counted for it.

sig.jpg

Gaming hall arena.

Yes, but the other games aren't as well designed for highscores.

FOr example, Castle wars, Yes they could count it by the amount of tickets you have. But what about the people who traded it for armor. They would probably want to turn it to a "Total Tickets Received" instead of "Tickets right now". Which would mean even if you lose a ticket, you still get counted for it.

i would do it by having 2 points for every ticket you get and 1 point for every enemie you kill in each game not from overall amount.

tifsdac6mc.gif

i think it's coming and i hope it does. it would bring more people to compete. i temple trek a lot and i would like to see that in hi-scores for minigames also maybe 5 points for path 3 smiddi. 4 for jayene path 3 etc.

i also thought prizes meant there would be prizes similar to castle wars for the duel tournaments, it's not a bad idea for certain ranks to be able to buy items, like the white knight's armoury or Barb assault, for all mini-games. non-tradeable items though, or not for some, idk.

gnome ball hi-scores :D brimhaven agility tickets collected and new prizes for ranks, barrows chests opened, games room prizes and small bets, gnome restaurant tasks completed more points for harder tasks and a shop for new prizes, even a tracking of treasure trails completed 3 points for lvl 3 2 for lvl 2 1 for lvl 1 etc. with a shop with prizes available at certain lvls like an armoury type thing.

so, a combination of new rewards and hi-scores for the mini-games would be a lot of fun and a good addition. =D> and i dont see anything wrong with it at all and would be more incentive for some.

new rewards could include items that, when worn, would allow entrance to new training areas or additions to minigames, and some of these rewards, when worn, could give greater prizes or benefits while playing the minigame.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Isn't that sort of the point? I mean, seriously, who dominates the skill hiscores, the high leevels! Duh, they are at the top of them after all...

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Isn't that sort of the point? I mean, seriously, who dominates the skill hiscores, the high leevels! Duh, they are at the top of them after all...

some may say, for those people like him to think they are equals of "high levels" would wish for him to die in a fire.

but i am not that way.

anyway, what games? PC? CW? shade burning? cmon what else is their? because i really am not sure.

oh yeah man good point you made there.

lets remove zezima from number 1 overall because he obviously didnt work for it, oh and how about that lover romeo dominating agility and mining we should remove those too.

lower levels wouldnt be low levels if they simply worked towards their goal dont you think?

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

It's great that they have added a ranking system fopr the dual Arena to the highscores. I would love to see a system like that for CW and PC too.

But I don't think that this will come out anytime soon. Jagex has a lot to work on at the moment, and it will take a while for them to complete all that work.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Just a hint, use proper grammar and spelling please?

I think they'll do Barbarien Assault or Castle Wars next, and it will probably be next month, or in January.

Aren't we being alittle hiprocrit today? :-w

sig.jpg