~~~RC pker's why?~~~

magnumb

Please note that I am not complaining or whining about getting killed.

The question: Why do they do it?

Really what is an extra 60k every now and then, when you could make more skilling?

I have been killed a few times but what really grinds my gears is losing my pouches the glory isn't that big of a deal.

So, why? :-s

anchorman-2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No explanation.. Its like Hunters who lay traps over yours, people who steal your monsters while training.. Its just inconsideration.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

that can be annoying but to avoid rewarding the rc pker with 60k, take 1 dose of prayer potion and if you can, a 1 click teleport, there are house teleports (any clay teletablet), elf crystal, ectophial, enchanted lyre, karajama gloves 3, ruby necklace enchanted, camulet, rum, oldak's teleport spheres, rune teleports.

but even if you do die and lose your pouches, the rcpker wont get your glory amulet if you drink the 1 dose and use protect item. always take that 1 dose, and only drink it if you're attacked and the instant teleport doesnt work, then protect item.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Why do they do it?

They fail at real PKing? :-k

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Most of them are noobs that cant pk but some are pkers who just are bored since they couldnt find anyone to kill in the wild.

I once met a rc pker soo i took my usual gear but had my runes and armor in the inv with food instead of ess.

You start attacking them with dds and d scim or whatever.

You basically have to force them into staying in the wild because if their noobs, they run for the ditch if someone attacks them.

Good rc pkers with ahrims usually fight back but you might get some ahrims robes if your a good pker to.

Off Topic: Funny how you have "you know what grinds my gear" lol Family House.

It's a RL term though. And yes they are pretty bad pker most of the time, but the Abyss is in the wild for a risk v reward effect - you need pkers for that. And secondly some RC Pkers are normal pkers who haven't had a good day lootwise and need just something. A final reason is not for the money just for fun.

I do not and never will RC PK though.

Costantino.png

It's possible to make 1m/hour as a RC pk'er. I've seen it happen (yes, my rl friend rc pk'ed at one point :P )

So I'd say they want some cash? :)

Unbelievable.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

theyre just noobs who are scared to take a risk and fight something that can defend itself. theyre all like "its the wildy and its supposed to be dangerous, dont coem in if you dont want to be atked", but when someone actually comes and fights them, they run away and farcast/tele, while calling the attacker a noob and such. they dont think thier logic applies to themselves

only a small percentage of them actually pk for the glories too. many times ive seen pkers, who knew i didnt have a glory on them(i use paddewwa tele most of the time, they see me tele) and the next run they STILL attack me (ive even ben called noob numerous times for getting past them).

the thing that amuses me is they could be be making many times the amount of money in a much less amount of time if they runecrafted

618f3afbcf.png

It's possible to make 1m/hour as a RC pk'er. I've seen it happen (yes, my rl friend rc pk'ed at one point :P )

That has BS all over it. Unless the dude rcing is using karils which I seen happen.

Oh I know it's Family Guy not House. Simply Typo.

Who knows why they do it.

All I know is that none of them do it for the money. That's a stupid excuse. I've had so many ice bursts, blitzes, and ice barrages, entanges, teleblocks ect splash on me, I'm sure that the combined total of all the runes used against me is worth FAR more than the items I've lost by dying to them (twice total, so far). Of course not all RCers are as good at dodging PKers as I have come to be, but generally RCers in my level bracket (110-120) are, or pretty close.

Bah stop bashing rc pkers. Go read this :roll:
I read it. It made me realize that RC pkers are even worse then I thought.

+1

I lol'd at the second one where the RCer 3 speced him. Rofl, owned. :P

2/3 said they'd run, too so... and btw, just because all 3 said they're well mannered dosen't mean they are. Just about everyone considers themselves well mannered, unless they're a sadistic [wagon].

Bah stop bashing rc pkers. Go read this :roll:
I read it. It made me realize that RC pkers are even worse then I thought.

Fine, the most important part of what I wanted you to read is this:

I am an abyssal runecrafter myself(82 rc) who actively uses the abyss. From personal experience nearly every rc pker I have come by is well-mannered. They don't start screaming their head off and cussing at me, something I expected before I started abyssal runecrafting. I've talked to many rc pkers while observing the edge wilderness with no armor, they are just like normal pkers who just want to pk.

Personally, I think every rcer should accept the fact that there will always be rc pkers, whether they like it or not. You enter the wilderness, you take the risk of being player-killed. Jagex made the enterance to the abyss in the wilderness for a reason- the abyss would be incredibly unbalanced without the danger of real world people(pkers) killing you.

Rcers need to stop complaining and adapt. They need to think of ways to avoid them, dodge them, but not whine and moan. Can you think of any point in Runescape history where jagex listened to whiners and complainers? Yes, there are a few, but a handful of the updates you see coming out are actually thought out by well-mannered players who have posted their idea in the suggestions forum, not the rants forum.

Rc pkers are just like normal pkers; they just want to pk.

If you still can't control your hate for them, then sorry, you won't be a good abyss rcer this way.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

the amount of time and money > my drops

I've never been rc pked, yet I've been ice blitzed and teleblocked so many times, they obivously don't make good profit.

Edit: But I'm kinda thankful for them, they add a little pep into abyss rcing because it gives me somethin to think about "how will I dodge them", "I hope I click my ectophial before the teleblock hits me", "hmmm I wonder if I could kill this pker...".

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg